Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arizona

Going to give this a shot!

Today is day 9 for me on Dan's regimen. My backstory is this: I started having breakouts when I was 12 or 13. They've never been HORRIBLE but they've been bad enough that on more than one occasion all I've wanted to do is hide in my room until my skin cleared.

Typically, I get a breakout of 2-3 bad zits once a month (hormonal). I am now 24, and beyond irritated with my skin. I am married to a great guy with gorgeous skin, and I would just like to go to bed at night without first having to make sure all the lights are off so he can't see my skin once my make up is off. I usually break out on my cheeks and chin, but occasionally will have trouble on my forehead as well.

I have never been to a dermatologist, but I did schedule an appointment with one for April 9th. Last week, I had one of my worst breakouts ever, and in my desperation I made the dr. appointment and then came across this website. I figured I'd give the regimen a shot while I wait to see the doctor. If this clears me, then all the better!

I have been taking daily pictures of my skin since I started the Regimen, basically because as soon as my skin starts clearing I ask myself "was that breakout REALLY that bad?" convince myself it wasn't, and then I am shocked with I break out again the next month. So I'll have to add these here in a while.

Basically I have just been following the Regimen:

Morning:

Wash with Cetaphil

Dan's 2.5% BP

Moisturize with Cetaphil

Make-up

Night:

Oil Free eye makeup remover

Wash with Cetaphil

Dan's 2.5% BP

Moisturize with Cetaphil

So far, I've had great clearing of my breakout. The "bumps" are pretty much gone but the redness remains. I have a lot of old red marks from past breakouts, very slowly fading.

I have experienced a slight breakout on my forehead, which is usually clear, but it's fairly eas to hide so I'm not letting it get me down.

for redness try an aspirin mask. you can search the site...

Thanks for the tip. I will look into it.

As promised, here are the pics of my progress so far:

DAY ONE vs. DAY NINE (in the wrong order, but you get the point)

post-73578-1206642321_thumb.jpg

post-73578-1206642329_thumb.jpg

for redness try an aspirin mask. you can search the site...

Thanks for the tip. I will look into it.

As promised, here are the pics of my progress so far:

DAY ONE vs. DAY NINE (in the wrong order, but you get the point)

i hope day one is on the right side.

also, there might be an initial breakout with this product, so be ready for it, but don't lather on the BP when it happens - thatll make it worse, just try to keep your face calm and moisturized.