Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
junebug1991

I'm not feeling too good....

I wonder if it's from drinking too much water, I drank 2.4 liters yesterday, more than I've ever drunk in my life. I started on my first cup of Rooibos tea this morning and I can't finish it. (btw about 2.3 of the 2.4 liters was Rooibos tea).

What is going on?? :shock:

Well it could've been that tea. Maybe it doesn't agree with you? And drinking 2.4 liters of something you haven't had b4 could give you a reaction, so I'd be careful with the tea in the future. Leave it alone 4 a few days and then have maybe 1/2 cup sample. Or maybe you have a virus, who knows?

2.4 liters isn't that much, i wouldnt worry

most likely its just an onset of a flue/cold or something like that

hope you feel better junebug, just try to get some rest if you can.

After a warm shower and some food, i feel better. it CANT be the flu, im taking so many immune-boosting supps right now its insane.

(like zinc and others)

Ok I know rooibos tea is good and all but I wouldnt use it as a subsitute for water in measuring liquids consumed. For me when it comes to drinking plenty and keeping hydrated waters yer only man. :D

anyways feel better, maybe take some ecchinea, I always take one go of it if I feel a cold or flu coming on, usually never appears then.

I think it might even be the zinc, junebug! don't overdo the supplements! As much as they are immune boosting, a antioxidant system that is upset by supplementation can do more harm than good....

what exactly are you taking? I'm almost certain its not the water. I know zinc can easily cause nausea

I'm fine, and actually many cultures substitute tea for water, my grandpa tells me that in the deserts of somewhere they drink hot tea during the day, it is a better thirst quencher - this is useful I guess if water isn't within easy reach.

But anyway, I'm sure it was an overload of water because I barely manage a liter per day, if even.

Does anyone remember that girl that died from drinking too much water? It was in the news months and months ago. She was participating in some stupid contest (who can drink the most water without throwing up) for a radio station and I think she went into a coma or something and died. If you drink too much water, you dilute essential substances in your blood and the pH level changes as well. This is very general btw.

You can stop commenting now!

P.S. I'm not taking a high dose of zinc and anyway I had like 4 boiled eggs this morning (I was hungry) so it wasn't on an empty stomach.

Not sure about rooibos tea,, which is supposed to be caffeine free, but I wouldn't drink 2.4 litres of regular tea in one day. That'd be a lot of caffeine.

ПоправлÑйÑÑ!

I'm fine, and actually many cultures substitute tea for water, my grandpa tells me that in the deserts of somewhere they drink hot tea during the day, it is a better thirst quencher - this is useful I guess if water isn't within easy reach.