Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
merf

How to tell if you're cool or warm toned?

I was reading a magazine and it had a "how to tell if you're cool or warm tone" section. I have reddish hair and green eyes, so I always assumed I was warm toned, but based on this test, I am cool. :surprised:

I asked a beauty-know-it-all friend of mine, and she said I was cool. I've been wearing the wrong makeup my whole life! :wall:

So I have two questions. First, how do YOU tell if you're cool or warm? Second, how do I go about selecting makeup for a fair/cool skin tone?

I dunno, I still think I must be warm or at least neutral, with green eyes and reddish hair. Time to visit the Clinique or MAC counter for some expert advice!

surely 'warm' toned is olive skin? I would have thought you would be cool being a redhead.

here's my take on the whole vein thing...... i'm warm, but the veins on my wrist appear blue (the deeper ones are a bit more green tinted.) the veins at my elbows though are definitely green though. hope that helps!

here's my take on the whole vein thing...... i'm warm, but the veins on my wrist appear blue (the deeper ones are a bit more green tinted.) the veins at my elbows though are definitely green though. hope that helps!

the vein thing is tricky, even to me and im a makeup artist..you cant really go by that

my teacher in makeup school went around the room and held up a silver piece of cloth and a gold piece of cloth near each individuals face and deciphered whether we were cool or warm, i was the only neutral person in the room and i have olive skin so go figure

easy way to tell....if you look good in silver jewlery, your cool...if you look better in gold, your warm

also experiment...wear a baby blue shadow and if you can rock it your cool

try a gold and if you can pull that off your warm

easy way to tell....if you look good in silver jewlery, your cool...if you look better in gold, your warm

I feel like I'm more neutral..baa...I've never really been able to figure this out. I think browns and warm colors look pretty good on me..but than again...I think cooler colors look ok too. My veins are kind of a bluish green. haha. I have dark brown hair with hazel eyes. I have both silver and gold jewelery..and people say they both look fine. When it comes to clothes..I just think bold colors look best. Red, Hot pink, Brown, Black, Bright Blue..as opposed to pastels. I'm confused.

the vein thing is tricky, even to me and im a makeup artist..you cant really go by that

my teacher in makeup school went around the room and held up a silver piece of cloth and a gold piece of cloth near each individuals face and deciphered whether we were cool or warm, i was the only neutral person in the room and i have olive skin so go figure

i like the gold/silver idea too. the vein thing always threw me off. anyway, i totally agree with going by what colors look best on you. that's how i figured it out. i found that more earthy, warm tones complimented my skin tone much better than cooler ones.