Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello,

I have about one day left on Accutane and my doctor prescribed retin-a cream. Has anyone done this and what are the chances acne will come back. The Accutane has worked well, but I'm scared to go off it.

You don't have to worry. My first course back in 2000 was 10mg for 6 mths and it lasted me 5 years without breakout.

Good question Element...sorry I don't know the answer, but this is sorta what I have planned for after I'm off accutane. So I'm curious to see some responses... *bump*

I heard really bad things about retin a, I think it was one of the very first acne treatments that I tried years and years ago, and my skin got red and scaly and I just got off of it. But I heard it's gets way worse before it gets better? Is that true? .. Those are some of the same things I heard about accutane, and I did't get way worse, but it's definitely getting better. Maybe since I sorta went through the get worse part with accutane, if i start retin A 6 months after i'm off accutane, i think it would be good maintaince. I'm so paranoid about going off accutane!