Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys,

I've been off Tane 3 months, and still clear - yay. However, I never considered myself to have oily skin prior to tane, but I did have a somewhat oily T-zone. And.....that's back. I'm still clear, but starting to worry that if the oil is back, the acne will come back....Though, ironically, I never broke out in my oily T-zone - only on my cheeks, which were mostly always dry.

Anwyay, for any post-taners, is it normal to get the oil back? And might I still stay clear even if my T-zone is oily again? I am using Retin-A Mircro for maintenance.

Thanks for any advice...I really need some reassurance!

I know they say oil does return, but your glands or something should be smaller than before so..... Perhaps if you do something topically that balances out the oil.....

Yeah mine has return as well. Can feel my nose getting all oily again just after 2 hrs. Luckily acne doesn't and hoping it never. Funny enough I used to get a lot of blackheads on my nose because it was oily but after tane even if it does get oily, I don't see any more blackheads. Maybe tane really does shrink the pores.

Oil will eventually come back. Mine came back two weeks post accutane. I'm glad they did came back as dry skin and scalp make me look worst.

I do not understand why you use retin-a as maintenance? Or you actually believe that retin-a will help prevent breakout? Anyway, retin-a cause skin to be overly dry, skin in turn respond by producing more oil (as a replacement for lost moisture which isn't the same at all), and this may cause clog pores and lead to breakout.

Oil will eventually come back. Mine came back two weeks post accutane. I'm glad they did came back as dry skin and scalp make me look worst.

I do not understand why you use retin-a as maintenance? Or you actually believe that retin-a will help prevent breakout? Anyway, retin-a cause skin to be overly dry, skin in turn respond by producing more oil (as a replacement for lost moisture which isn't the same at all), and this may cause clog pores and lead to breakout.

I am not post tane yet... Though I have read through many post tane posts on here and other various sites. The function of Accutane is to "mature" your sebacous glands, so yes you will produce oil and you may get the odd blemish from time to time. But it should be nowhere near as bad as you had it before.

I am not post tane yet... Though I have read through many post tane posts on here and other various sites. The function of Accutane is to "mature" your sebacous glands, so yes you will produce oil and you may get the odd blemish from time to time. But it should be nowhere near as bad as you had it before.

I just got off accutane my last day was yesterday. I was prescribed retin-a they didn't really explain, why but I'm curious if it really helps after. I hope the acne doesn't come back.

Oh this scares me so bad! I have enjoyed every second of dry skin. Even though the flaking skin, dry lips and ezema kind of suck it's been so much better than the oily wreck my face and hair used to be. I'd rather be slathering moisturizer on 3 times a day and lip balm every 20 seconds than have that oil back! lol :) But, alas, it sounds like it's inevitable.