Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So it's that time of year again - prom. :dance: And what girl doesn't like to get beautified, even if it's only for one night?

I figured I would do my own makeup again, but I'm on the fence about what foundation to use. I have my eye on MAC's Full Coverage foundation, but I heard it contains a lot of pore-clogging ingredients. Even though makeup doesn't usually cause problems for me, I don't want to take any chances. :snooty:

Can anyone recommend a good lasting foundation that doesn't cause breakouts?

And for all EM fans, I'm afraid I don't have the time to order it. Prom is just in a few days! :shock:

Thanks in advance everyone! :D

I suggest you use whatever you usually use, you don't want to try something new and have it melt off half way through the party ^_^ You can use something to set the make up I use Laura Mercier Secret Finish which is amazing it keeps make-up put without sinking into pores or looking cakey. I've been using it for over a year and it's never made me break out :)

On the other hand I've just started using Dianne Brill Foundation which I LOVE! It has a slight shimmer that gives your skin glow and you can make is as thick or as sheer as you'd like.

Most importantly though have fun :D:D:D:D

A good perfume can make anyone forget about your makeup.

Besides, if worse comes to worse wear a push up bra and most people won't even look at your skin.

I have a prom/ball in april, near the end I think. I'd go, but I don't have a date because I repel men, and there's noone I could ask. My best friend said she wants us to go together. Either a) she'll find a date first and then I'll be left with a dress and noone to go with, and be a "wallflower" b) I went to my year 11 prom with my best friend (a diff one) and she left me on my own so I looked like a twat while everyone else was with their dates, and she was in a backroom drinking vodka. I'd have gladly joined in but no..

I'll never have one of those perfect ball nights that you see on tv. I feel sorry for myself.

A good perfume can make anyone forget about your makeup.

Besides, if worse comes to worse wear a push up bra and most people won't even look at your skin.

prom is supossed to be about partying with your highschool frinds for the last time, it has nothing to with if you have a date or not! nobody at my prom broght a date! our whole grad class is all freinds so we all had a good time together! no one is left out at prom!

So it's that time of year again - prom. :dance: And what girl doesn't like to get beautified, even if it's only for one night?

I figured I would do my own makeup again, but I'm on the fence about what foundation to use. I have my eye on MAC's Full Coverage foundation, but I heard it contains a lot of pore-clogging ingredients. Even though makeup doesn't usually cause problems for me, I don't want to take any chances. :snooty:

Can anyone recommend a good lasting foundation that doesn't cause breakouts?

And for all EM fans, I'm afraid I don't have the time to order it. Prom is just in a few days! :shock:

Thanks in advance everyone! :D

Well I know replying to this post isnt going to help you with your prom dilemma, and I hope you found something that worked well, but for future reference I would say Bare Escentuals. It's a bit on the pricey side, but when I use that it's the LAST thing I would think of when it comes to acne. Everything with Bare Escentuals is powder, so nothing is liquid/pore-clogging. Their foundation is amazing and so is their concealer. I, also, have to worry about concealer/foundation when it comes to skin due to my acne, but Bare Escentuals is WONDERFUL! There's a reason why it's a bit on the upper side of cosmetics, and thats because it works great. =)

yay my prom is coming another 2 days . i don;t know what i should wear ...i wanna go informal way ... a coat ,slack ,men's shirt which is dark chocolate in colors with stripe . should i get a tie or something .. cause everything seems to be dark on my outfit ...haha ...=D girls i need your help

Oh wow, I completely forgot I even made this thread! :redface: Sososo sorry! haha.

Welllll I ended up applying the Studio Fix fluid with the 187 brush, and it looked absolutely F-L-A-W-L-E-S-S the entire night. :dance: Good thing I didn't go for the Full Coverage. The consultant told me that it's meant for...well, drag queens. :lol:

Anyway, prom night was absolutely wonderful. Thanks for your help everybody!