Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was reading he daily news today for NYC, and there was this one sorry story.But in a way, I dont know how bad to feel. Dont get me wrong I do feel bad for the girl, but the way alot of girls over here are, I dont know just how bad I should feel.

There was an 18 yr old girl, was very good looking in the picture they showed of her, she was a captain of the cheerleading squad, i beleive this was her senior yr, and she drove a nice white lexus. Anyway in the picture it showed of her, she was good looking and her breasts looked nice, but she was going for breast surgery to have them fixed (i dont know why) and she died in this surgery. She had alot going for her, and she died because of this! Are you kidding me? Yeah its a trategy, but try having fucking acne. She was good looking and her breasts were nice and im sure alot of girls would love to have those, but apparently she could have gotten perfection, and she wound up dying from simple surgery.

Not to be a dick, i found this odd. One of her friends was quoted in the paper as saying "she had a great outlook on life". I dont know, to me that sounds odd.

That is a shame, poor girl. We can rant all we like about how easy she 'may' have had it from being 'beautiful' but clearly she had enough insecurities of her own to even consider surgery, let alone go through with it. She's not that much different from us.

I was reading he daily news today for NYC, and there was this one sorry story.But in a way, I dont know how bad to feel. Dont get me wrong I do feel bad for the girl, but the way alot of girls over here are, I dont know just how bad I should feel.

There was an 18 yr old girl, was very good looking in the picture they showed of her, she was a captain of the cheerleading squad, i beleive this was her senior yr, and she drove a nice white lexus. Anyway in the picture it showed of her, she was good looking and her breasts looked nice, but she was going for breast surgery to have them fixed (i dont know why) and she died in this surgery. She had alot going for her, and she died because of this! Are you kidding me? Yeah its a trategy, but try having fucking acne. She was good looking and her breasts were nice and im sure alot of girls would love to have those, but apparently she could have gotten perfection, and she wound up dying from simple surgery.

Not to be a dick, i found this odd. One of her friends was quoted in the paper as saying "she had a great outlook on life". I dont know, to me that sounds odd.

What the above poster said seems to reveal more light upon the subject.

I'm sure she had her reasons. And who knows, on the outside, she may have been near perfect, but she may have had extreme lack of self-confidence or some other mental status that was making her having a hard time, and having this procedure done may have been the one thing that could help her to live without that problem.

A lot of people get nose jobs done because they're always self conscious about a "bump" on their nose bridge - and sure, a lot of us might find that to be very vain, but that person may live without having to be stressed out about that bump for the rest of his or her life.

I do think it's very unfortunate that she died during this procedure. I actually find it more unfortunate that it was during a cosmetic procedure, because she is going to get a lot more crap about her death vs. someone who died during a heart surgery or etc. and I'm sure she had her reasons for undergoing this surgery. Imagine what her family would have to deal with; guilt for letting her go for the procedure, as well as crap from people who are going to refuse to give her sympathy because the procedure was "optional". I do feel very bad for her and her family, and I hope they will be able to get back on their feet as soon as possible.

That is a shame, poor girl. We can rant all we like about how easy she 'may' have had it from being 'beautiful' but clearly she had enough insecurities of her own to even consider surgery, let alone go through with it. She's not that much different from us.

I guess you do not seem to understand the connection. Having acne is the exact same thing as having any other physical imperfection. We look at that girl saying wow she shouldn't worry about her boobs and she is looking at us saying its only acne get over it. Everyone has their own demons.

I think you're being pretty disrespectful to be honest. Perhaps she was having surgery for a health related issue - not implants. Apparently you didn't think of that possibility though.

When you go under the knife for whatever reason there is always a chance that you won't wake up. It's remote but it's there. I don't think anyone has the right to judge someone based on what they read in the paper. As Cas said, everyone has demons.

I guess you do not seem to understand the connection. Having acne is the exact same thing as having any other physical imperfection. We look at that girl saying wow she shouldn't worry about her boobs and she is looking at us saying its only acne get over it. Everyone has their own demons.

I think you're being pretty disrespectful to be honest. Perhaps she was having surgery for a health related issue - not implants. Apparently you didn't think of that possibility though.

i gotta agree...like you know this girl from a whole in the wall..maybe it was breast cancer or maybe they were disformed, as all girls know, bras are magical illusion makers

anyway, i think its rude to say it was for vanity and you dont feel sorry someone lost their life

keep in mind that many people try to kill themselves due to accutane but lots of people still opt to take it...is that the same?

She had asymmetrical breasts and inverted nipples. Not exactly extreme vanity.

Hmmm Jaffa thinks people forget that we experience life through simple chemical reactions of the brain,there is no reality,only how our brain decodes observations,asesses that information from past and present experiences and there you have how you feel.This girl could have been going through as much crap,depression,anger about something *trivial* as you put it than any of us on here.Sorry if it doesnt make sense its just how jaffa feels when people describe someones pain as trivial compared to another person. :ninja:

no no no. Its a different connection. People dont look at acne and see beauty unfortuneatly. Theres no beauty there and thats something that can get you insecure. This girl was fortuneate enough to be blessed with extremem beauty and talent, and beleive me im sure she's had many guys that were attracted to her. This was like not being happy with 98% while everyone else only has half that, and dying for that remaining 2%.

Guest Bubbly

That's really sad. I think she had her own reasons for the surgery and we shouldn't judge them. But this is a good opportunity for people to realize that ANY kind of surgery should NOT be taken lightly. Imagine all the other women out there who are thinking about getting surgery for inverted nipples and breasts that are not the same size......... I wonder how many of them will still want to have it done after reading that story!

If anything, the fact that this story made headlines should suggest that it's a pretty rare occurrence to die that way. Of the thousands or even millions of plastic surgery operations performed each year, only one ended in such a way as to warrant this kind of media attention. Of course, this also raises questions about whether her death would have attracted any media attention at all if she hadn't already been a photogenic, rich girl to begin with. Still, if I was a betting man my money would be on most forms of plastic surgery being as safe as any in-patient surgery out there. Now heart or brain surgery, there's something that would scare the shit out of me.

There's gotta be something no one's telling me (or us).

With a qualified surgeon how does one die during breast surgery?

Even qualified surgeons performing routine operations can still make mistakes, and there are always other complications that might arise too.

There have been a few known cases where people have died from rhinoplasty (nose job) as well. With any kind of anesthesia-necessary surgery, there's always a possible risk that the patient may "never wake up" or may have had some unknown or un-recorded allergies to the anesthetic (which are common reasons for a lot of patient deaths during surgeries).

There's gotta be something no one's telling me (or us).

With a qualified surgeon how does one die during breast surgery?

woops my bad, i dont normally read the daily news, normally other papers in Ny have a seperate section for around the nation. I mistaked her story for another girl related story outta brooklyn.

She drove a lexus to school senior yr? When i was a senior in highschool i had to walk to school! it was alil over a mile walk and took 45 minz atleast! Rain, sleet, snow, hail or tornado, to get to school i had to walk. No car for me, not even a peice of foil on wheels.

since when did bigger titty's make u perfect. that sucks dude. what a waste of life.