Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jimini

brazilian wax

question for those that are following this thread though - despite my having the hair long enough to be waxed, i was still left with some stubble after the wax. is this normal?! i thought the results we supposed to super smooth, and after having forced myself go through the pain i was a little disapointed to see that it wasn't as smooth as i thought it would be :(

yeah, the first time i got it done it was still a little stubbly but the second time it was almost totally smooth. the waxer said that this is because sometimes if the hair is too long the wax will pull out the hair but leave the root intact. you can go back to get another wax as soon as all the hair is at least 1/4 of an inch thick. if it's any shorter the wax won't be able to pull the hair but you'll get the best results if your hair is as short as possible.

according to one poster a real brazilian leaves a little strip of hair so I guess it depends on how you like it, but here in America a brazilian is defined as the one where they remove every trace of hair down there, someone correct me if i'm wrong.

my waxer always asks. i felt very comfortable with her and just frankly asked her what most women get and she said most get everything taken off.

also, i've ever been to a place that does this, but i went to a massage salon and took a brochure from them to see how much everything else costs and i saw that they had "brazilian" waxes and then "full brazilian" waxes for another ten dollars. full brazilian is where they also take care of the hair WAY DOWN THERE, if you know what i mean. most places include this with the brazilian but it's best to ask whether or not this is included before you get it done.

and does anyone else tip their waxer like an exorbitant amount of money? my wax costs $40 and i always tip $25. i figure it's gotta be the worst job ever, haha.

question for those that are following this thread though - despite my having the hair long enough to be waxed, i was still left with some stubble after the wax. is this normal?! i thought the results we supposed to super smooth, and after having forced myself go through the pain i was a little disapointed to see that it wasn't as smooth as i thought it would be :(

yeah, the first time i got it done it was still a little stubbly but the second time it was almost totally smooth. the waxer said that this is because sometimes if the hair is too long the wax will pull out the hair but leave the root intact. you can go back to get another wax as soon as all the hair is at least 1/4 of an inch thick. if it's any shorter the wax won't be able to pull the hair but you'll get the best results if your hair is as short as possible.

according to one poster a real brazilian leaves a little strip of hair so I guess it depends on how you like it, but here in America a brazilian is defined as the one where they remove every trace of hair down there, someone correct me if i'm wrong.

my waxer always asks. i felt very comfortable with her and just frankly asked her what most women get and she said most get everything taken off.

also, i've ever been to a place that does this, but i went to a massage salon and took a brochure from them to see how much everything else costs and i saw that they had "brazilian" waxes and then "full brazilian" waxes for another ten dollars. full brazilian is where they also take care of the hair WAY DOWN THERE, if you know what i mean. most places include this with the brazilian but it's best to ask whether or not this is included before you get it done.

and does anyone else tip their waxer like an exorbitant amount of money? my wax costs $40 and i always tip $25. i figure it's gotta be the worst job ever, haha.

You tip $25! I feel bad now. My tip was $10, I was going to tip more, but I wasn't sure.

"brazilian": all but 'landing strip' removed. Including perianal region. If you have a treasure trail (from belly button to mons pubis, you can get that removed too.)

"sphinx": ALL gone.

Just ask for exactly what you want. :) Or if you're brave, do it yourself. Let the hair grow to at least 1/4 inch (no more and no less!) Use ice. Before and after. Test your legs first to get an idea. Do TINY sections at a time once you start the brazilian or sphinx. Hold the skin taut and RIIIIIIIP!

I'm with all those cringing. I can't imagine why anyone would want to shave or wax beyond the bikini line.

Seriously? Oral sex, among other reasons.

But waxing is gross. You have to let the hair "grow out" before you can wax it off. Ewww.

I have been wanting to do this but I'm a little scared. I took my last accutane pill in November of last year and my derm told me to wait 6 months after my course to get any sort of waxing done but for whatever reason I feel like I should wait longer just in case my skin is still sensative. I'm SCARED!!!! I hate shaving though so I guess I have to try this waxing business at least once.

I'm with all those cringing. I can't imagine why anyone would want to shave or wax beyond the bikini line.

I was thinking that too, but I didn't want to give out TMI.

What about it? Hair does not hamper oral sex. Not in my experience. Stubble would though. What do you do while waiting for it to grow out?

What about it? Hair does not hamper oral sex. Not in my experience. Stubble would though. What do you do while waiting for it to grow out?

According to my BF the less hair the better, without getting into too much detail I can only assume he does not want to end up with a mouthful of hair. You can take care of that by shaving, but ingrown hairs are too common with that practice. I did not get any ingrown hairs with my bikini wax, the hair is just starting to grown back for me and I don't really know how long it will take for it to be at the appropriate length to go back. I'm kind of new at this waxing business.

According to my BF the less hair the better, without getting into too much detail I can only assume he does not want to end up with a mouthful of hair. You can take care of that by shaving, but ingrown hairs are too common with that practice. I did not get any ingrown hairs with my bikini wax, the hair is just starting to grown back for me and I don't really know how long it will take for it to be at the appropriate length to go back. I'm kind of new at this waxing business.

careful though! i was getting bumps after my waxes and i couldn't figure out why. finally i thought maybe i was having a reaction from whatever potion they were putting on after the wax, so instead now i politely decline and just wait to go home and use some salicylic acid lotion (which works wonders in both preventing and treating those bumps).

I have been wanting to do this but I'm a little scared. I took my last accutane pill in November of last year and my derm told me to wait 6 months after my course to get any sort of waxing done but for whatever reason I feel like I should wait longer just in case my skin is still sensative. I'm SCARED!!!! I hate shaving though so I guess I have to try this waxing business at least once.

maybe you can try home waxing so you don't have to worry about the waxing lady getting embarrassed if this does happen? heat waxes are tricky to use by yourself, though (in regards to timing how long the wax has to be left on; i almost always leave it on too long or not long enough). i recommend nad's (which works incredibly well if you do it right) and the sally hansen hair remover wax strips. neither of these require heating. the nad's doesn't completely come through on its pain-free claim, but it does hurt a hell of a lot less than using actual wax. the sally hansen strips aren't as effective as the nad's but if you just don't give up and keep trying it'll eventually get the job done (i recommend buying two boxes for a brazilian, and don't get the all-natural variety of these because those really don't work well and smell horrible). plus, the nad's can make a bit of a mess if it drips but these strips are mess-free. the strips are also clear. don't flip if you see some dead skin on the strips after you wax, that's normal

I absolutely love brazilians. I don't think it's nearly as painful as a lot of people seem to think, and I hate shaving. The itch, the bumps, the stubs, yuck.

I can't wait to get of Accutane so I can wax again! Also, I can't wait to go back to Latin-America, were it costs approximately nothing to have it done...