Notifications
Clear all

Does Glutathione clears skin?

MemberMember
(@goodbye_acne)

Posted : 03/25/2008 7:46 pm

Here in my country, the use of glutathione is in abundance. From soaps, to pills and toner is made of glutathione. Now there is an advertisement here claiming that one of the benefits of taking glutathione 2x per day (the pills) will result into clear skin. I am currently taking acnetrex, it is sorta similar to accutane. I've been taking it for almost a month now and I am still getting acne. In fact, I have 2 bumps right now and it frustrates me so much. I want to get rid of this damn acne and the marks it left on my face completely. My derm told me not to take glutathione for the mean time so what I did was I cancelled my order. The vendor of glutathione was shocked because he said this is just a food supplement and that his children were taking glutathione for 4 years now and according to him, they were acne sufferers as well but now they have a clear skin. He said that my derm is just scared that I won't come back to them because glutathione will free me from the agony that this damn acne and marks are causing.

Okay enough talk. lol The questions are:

1. Does anyone here who takes acnetrex/accutane and is also currently taking glutathione? If so, are there any side effects?

2. Does glutathione really clears skin, getting rid of the imperfections caused by acne?

I am desperate and I am really tempted to take glutathione even though my derm advised me just to take acnetrex.

MemberMember
(@john1234)

Posted : 03/25/2008 9:08 pm

No, Glutathione will probably not clear your skin. True, it is the best detoxifier but the absorption of glutathione is too poor for good results, even if you take it with grape seed extract or vitamin c. I'm assuming you come from the filipines? It's mainly used at a skin bleacher because it disrupts melanin production. Besides, accutane is heaving hitting--let that do the work.

MemberMember
(@goodbye_acne)

Posted : 03/25/2008 11:16 pm

Thanks for the response! I am having 2nd thoughts about glutathione because aside from the effects, it will gonna cost me around 70 bucks per month.

Yes! I am from the Philippines. Good guess. How did you know? lol

MemberMember
(@giveback)

Posted : 03/26/2008 2:50 am

im from the philippines as well and this product is really famous at the moment. I was on acnetrex 4 yrs ago and it helped clear out my Tzone but not my cheeks. Add me up on yahoo. My id is one2avoid4ever

MemberMember
(@goodbye_acne)

Posted : 03/27/2008 2:18 am

im from the philippines as well and this product is really famous at the moment. I was on acnetrex 4 yrs ago and it helped clear out my Tzone but not my cheeks. Add me up on yahoo. My id is one2avoid4ever

Thanks for the response. I am hoping that acnetrex would clear my skin from acne and that glutathione will do the trick as well especially on the marks but I guess that won't happen.

And I added you on YM.

MemberMember
(@emurphy)

Posted : 12/18/2013 3:25 pm

I just found this info here.. Has anyone else tried intra-cellular liposomal glutathione? I see these posts are older and liposomal products are very absorbable and can be used topically. let me know if any tried it.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 12/19/2013 2:49 am

In my experience, l-glutathione supplements helped me a lot. BUT you have to rotate them...if you take them for longer than 1 month, they can lose their effectiveness in terms of helping acne. You need to take a break from glutathione once in a while, then re-introduce it. I know it's said that l-glutathione supplements are not properly absorbed by the body, but I took solgar's glutathione and it worked. Some people prefer l-glutamine because the body can convert it to glutathione more easily.

Anyway, it will not completely cure your acne but it can help support your liver. Perhaps that's why your doctor told you not to take it with the pills, I'm not sure.