Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have read vitamin b5 high dose is good for getting rid of acne. I suffer with blocked pores, and wondering whether b5 would help this??

anyone with any experience with high dose (10g/day) vit B5?

B5 is a B-vitamin, one of 8 or something.., anyways, it is more commonly refered to as pantothenic acid. Do not mix that up with pantothenine, which is for cholesterol i think. Just search,http://acne.org/messageboard/search.php, on this forum, "pantothenic", and you will find a bunch of threads conataining good info, and all the dirt on it.

I haven't used it yet but people on this board have had sucess with B5. I WANT to buy this product because it has the most mg in the product (more bang for your buck)

There was a study done on it...

"A clinical study was performed on it by Dr. Lit-Hung Leung, M.D http://www.b5supplements.com/b5-study.htm B5 also has numerous real testimonies on acne message forums from people who have had success. These testimonials are unbiased and unique, because they are not supported by any company that has financial interest in the treatment."

So you have to google it. Right now I'm on anti-androgens so I'm going to see what this does for a while. Then I'll go on accutane for the THIRD time and then if THAT doesn't work, well then it's B5 Clearskin for me or hopefully laser.

Until Acne Clears: 3 tsp/day

To Maintain Clear Skin: ½ tsp/day

1 bottle will last about a month at 3 tsp/day, and about 5 months at 1/2 tsp/day.

I took that from the site. But also look into accutane if you haven't taken it already.

I just posted about that.

cheers.

yeah, taken accutane 2 years ago. My skin is nowadays dry, but is producing a lot of tiny bumps/hard whiteheads/sebum, that evenually inflame up. Hoping B5 will get rid of this

Or an AHA gel ? :-k

Since it's dry, mayhaps u should just microexfoliate. I know I sound like a broken record but you can always 1) go to derm for an exfoliant or 2)use Paula Begoun's 8% AHA gel.

I dunno, I wish my skin was dry! I strike it rich every 15 minutes!!

Or an AHA gel ?  :-k   

Since it's dry, mayhaps u should just microexfoliate.  I know I sound like a broken record but you can always 1) go to derm for an exfoliant  or 2)use Paula Begoun's 8% AHA gel.

I dunno, I wish my skin was dry!  I strike it rich every 15 minutes!!