Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
elizabethmargot

Post Rhinoplasty

Hey guys,

I'm three months post-accutane, and have been pretty much clear since last October, minus the occasional clogged pore. I'm very happy about that!

I had a rhinoplasty last week, and things are going great - except one thing. Prior to the surgery, I did not have even ONE blackhead on my nose. But, after eight straight days with tape and glue and a cast on my nose, I now have tiny blackheads all over it.

What should I do????? I have to be very careful with my nose, obviously, but I want to go back to my Accutane-clean nose pores! I have been using Retin-A Micro for months to KEEP them clear, but I don't it will do much to clean them out now that those nose pores are full. What should I use/do? Please advise!!!!! I so loved my empty pores and want them back!!!!!!

Hey guys,

I'm three months post-accutane, and have been pretty much clear since last October, minus the occasional clogged pore. I'm very happy about that!

I had a rhinoplasty last week, and things are going great - except one thing. Prior to the surgery, I did not have even ONE blackhead on my nose. But, after eight straight days with tape and glue and a cast on my nose, I now have tiny blackheads all over it.

What should I do????? I have to be very careful with my nose, obviously, but I want to go back to my Accutane-clean nose pores! I have been using Retin-A Micro for months to KEEP them clear, but I don't it will do much to clean them out now that those nose pores are full. What should I use/do? Please advise!!!!! I so loved my empty pores and want them back!!!!!!

Anything anyone can recommend here will be harsh. The thing is that you are back to square one and you need to wait for your skin to fully heal before you begin thinking about getting rid of those blackheads.

Im not sure when you are 'allowed' to do more to your nose other then simple washing... please consult your Surgeon, and see what he says.

If he gives you the go ahead I would recommend BHA (SA) as it has done wonders for my pores/blackheads (reduced them by 90%) and my nose is still progressively getting better with continued use.

Pore strips really do help to make you 'look' better but I don't think they give any lasting relief.

Using the oil cleansing method on your nose might help? It pulls a lot of the blackheads out for me, but then again I don't know how hard you can push on/massage your nose... Compared to other products it's obviously really gentle though!