Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well, the doctor prescribed to me some kind of benzoyl peroxide cream with 5 something % and gave me some retin-a samples. After my past experience I have come to realize that benzoyl peroxide has a very bad reaction to my skin, it dries it out, make it peel, and only temporarily make my acne better if not worst... So I just used the retin-a, and it has made a huge difference in my skin. At first, my skin peeled, and was really red and itchy. As it peeled, I basically scratched out the dead skin which was peeling and therefore it seemed like a new skin was building. After my skin was done itching and red after about 3 to 4 days, I then applied the moisturizer which has helped as well to reduce the dryness. Now I have been using it daily, in small quantities and my red marks are almost GONE! I am quite happy with the result and I hope this can help whoever tries it.

Just for the record, my acne wasn't bad but there were some deep red marks and there still are and some pimples here and there. Some red marks are taking longer than others to fade, but they are slowly fading and I have come to believe that it will soon be over.

Well the acne is back but not the red marks. What happened is that I had a creme called "Aderma Dermalibour" which I have to say is unbelievably life saving. It's from France, and basically I ran out and as soon as I stopped using it 2 days later the acne came back and it's starting to come out even more... and it's really depressing because when you achieve almost total clearness and it comes back in an instant after so much work... it's really sad. So I ordered more Aderma and hopefully it comes fast enough so I can go back to the clearing process... But on a positive note, the red marks are still fading or are less apparent and that's good news! So basically the retin-a is good for red marks, and the Aderma is great for pimples.

Urrgh, I tried Retin-A and it didn't work for me. I used .025% for 14 weeks and nothing happened, except I got a bunch more pimples. And then I used .05% for 14 weeks and nothing happened then. Do you think I should try .1% for another 14 weeks?

Urrgh, I tried Retin-A and it didn't work for me. I used .025% for 14 weeks and nothing happened, except I got a bunch more pimples. And then I used .05% for 14 weeks and nothing happened then. Do you think I should try .1% for another 14 weeks?

Have you tried some supplements for your acne? I've tried a lot, and it has helped a lot. I would recommend Taurine, you can see it in the holistical/nutrition forum. It is really great!! I'm going to the doctor on tuesday, maybe I can get some retin-a for my marks too.

Have you tried some supplements for your acne? I've tried a lot, and it has helped a lot. I would recommend Taurine, you can see it in the holistical/nutrition forum. It is really great!! I'm going to the doctor on tuesday, maybe I can get some retin-a for my marks too.