Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Daniel Blackwell

How safe are clinique products? are clinique Acne solutions concealer stick and post blemish formula? or in general, please respond clinque users

OK, what is clinique like? I need to know if its gonna cause my skin to breakout. I tried Almay's conelear for spots and I think it made things worse, causing little closed comdones. I have super super sensitive skin, so I'm wondering if this stuff is gonna cause more breakouts.

I have been using Clinique products for over 20 years and have had good results and never had a problem. I had fairly sensitive skin and get contact dermatitis easily from perfumes, dyes, etcetera.

Ive been using Clinique for about 3 years and it really is the best thing for my skin. There seems to be a love it or hate it vibe with Clinique but I cant fault it. Havent actually tried the Acne Solutions Concealer but I swear by the Spot Healing Gel.

Ive riduclously sensitive skin, not just acne prone but sensitive too and Clinique is magic for me.

I've never tried their acne products. However, I looooove their 3-step products. I have dry skin so have only used level 1 and mild products. Here's what I use:

Makeup removal: Take the Day Off cleansing balm

Cleansing: Liquid Face Soap - Mild

Toning: Clarifying Lotion Level 1 (I've heard bad things about the other levels, only recommend level 1 or mild for the toner)

Moisturizer: Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

the clinique 3 step program worked for me at first for a month or so, then my skin got really really bad and kind of stayed that way for about two months. i stopped using it, and it cleared back up. coincidence? i dont know! and the post blemish formula didn't work for me at all. i used it religiously for two months, and nothing happened.

I find that the worst thing about Clinique is its (sometimes, but not always) inept sales staff.

I spent YEARS having them tell me that the products I used were too strong for my skin. One woman refused to sell me the Clarifying Lotion that I wanted. Pffft!

I have a terrific salesperson now and I wait until she's working to buy stuff.

EDIT: I see that they have a new acne line out. Anyone tried this yet?

I've never tried their acne products. However, I looooove their 3-step products. I have dry skin so have only used level 1 and mild products. Here's what I use:

Makeup removal: Take the Day Off cleansing balm

Cleansing: Liquid Face Soap - Mild

Toning: Clarifying Lotion Level 1 (I've heard bad things about the other levels, only recommend level 1 or mild for the toner)

Moisturizer: Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

I'm also a fan of clinique and have used their products for many years but on makeup. I have not tried any of their skincare products. I like their concealer, blushes and foundations and lipsticks. Their foundations are good but I can't find a suitable colour otherwise I would have continued using their foundation as long as possible.

Recently I have been venturing out to other makeup lines but ya clinique's stuff is pretty good. Never had any breakout from using any of their stuff.

I used to use the 3 step system (clarifying lotion step 2) but felt that it stopped working. I also used the night treatment gel and it didn't totally clear me. I haven't tried the new acne line yet. I do use all Clinique producrts for my makeup still. The clarifying foundation does cover pretty well, but it is a little heavy on my face.

The only thing I would say negative about Clinique is I can not find a foundation that matches my skin colour. All too orange but other then that I have never had a problem with Clinique products!

OK, what is clinique like? I need to know if its gonna cause my skin to breakout. I tried Almay's conelear for spots and I think it made things worse, causing little closed comdones. I have super super sensitive skin, so I'm wondering if this stuff is gonna cause more breakouts.

i just recently switched from Mac to Clinique and love their foundation

too bad it doesnt match my skin tone

:(

it seems like thats a pretty common problem w/ Clinique users

I started using the new 3-step acne line from clinique a few weeks ago.

It includes a salicylic acid face wash, salicylic acid clarifying lotion and a 2.5% BP lotion.

I noticed quite a big improvement at first, and my number of breakouts seems to have gone down. But I have lots of red marks and scars as well as pimples, so it's really hard to notice too much progress.

I also notice that it really dries out my skin, so I am not able to use it twice a day as suggested. Sometimes I only use the BP lotion as a spot treatment.

Their products are very nice. I've noticed no breakouts with them. I've read about people saying the brand breaks them out but I never found that to be true. I'm guessing it's coincidence or some people are over-exaggerating.

For being a 23 year old male and dealing with Acne since 18....Im seeing results!!!

I've been using Clinique now for almost a 3 weeks and i honestly am seeing results. From starting out years ago with Clearasil (sp?) etc then to Proactiv (which caused me to breakout even more) Dr. Murad, then on Minocyclene and then used Aveda (Outer Peace Acne Kit *caused me to break out in paupils which hurt*) then Dr. Wexler Acnescription (Which was good but then the moisturizer and peel caused me to sting everyother day I used it) and now using Clinique Im seeing results!!

I use the 3 kit system but i bought the bigger bottles. I do the regimen as it says use the pump wash then the lotion exfoiliater, then a not even a pea size of the BP (in the morning cause I react to BP i get too dry) then i use the Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief to help relieve my dryness and blot off the excess then use the acne solutions concealer stick to help minimize my blemishes etc.

At night I do the same as above but instead of the BP I use the spot healing gel then the moisture surge and go to bed etc.

The mositure surge is a lil pricey but I think worth it! Just a small jar does me good about 32.00 w/o tax if I remember right, I just use a q-tip to apply 5 spots on my face both side of cheeks and forehead chin and neck then rub in and blot excess off.

As being a customer service agent for a major airline for 5 years, im getting compliments from the 2 airlines next to our counter, and even my co-workers and family are noticing a big improvement! I also sometimes use foundation from Clinique as well, cause I do have sensitive skin and sometimes I really look awful, just to apply a light foundation on helps out a lot and my co-workers didnt even know one day I was wearing foundation cause I looked that good and was giving me superb compliments but im friends with them so I told them the truth and they didnt have any idea I was wearing makeup...=) I normally dont wear makeup but its there just incase I need to cause of how I look that day.

So it might be a lil pricey for what I got listed above but I have sensitive skin, and im doin good! So far so good!

Hope this helps! =)

The only thing I would say negative about Clinique is I can not find a foundation that matches my skin colour. All too orange but other then that I have never had a problem with Clinique products!

Agreed! I like their products otherwise. I have never tried the acne stuff though because I was under the care of a derm at that time and using prescription stuff. I just used the 3 step system. . . although, come to think of it, the Dramatically Different Moisturizer did break me out. I switched to Moisture Surge Extra and that was a lot better on my skin. It's spendy though.

Agreed! I like their products otherwise. I have never tried the acne stuff though because I was under the care of a derm at that time and using prescription stuff. I just used the 3 step system. . . although, come to think of it, the Dramatically Different Moisturizer did break me out. I switched to Moisture Surge Extra and that was a lot better on my skin. It's spendy though.

I have been using Clinique's oil free superfit make up foundation for 3 years now and love it! The 'nutty' color perfectly matches my skin tone. I tried so many store brands before like Revlon, Cover Girl etc. and all made me break out. I am going to try their Clarifying Foundation now as it also has salicylic acid in it which will not only cover blemishes but also fight them. It's a bit pricey ($25 for a foundation bottle) but totally worth it. But because of its price, I only thought of trying Clinique after I started working...)

I started using the new 3-step acne line from clinique a few weeks ago.

It includes a salicylic acid face wash, salicylic acid clarifying lotion and a 2.5% BP lotion.

I noticed quite a big improvement at first, and my number of breakouts seems to have gone down. But I have lots of red marks and scars as well as pimples, so it's really hard to notice too much progress.

I also notice that it really dries out my skin, so I am not able to use it twice a day as suggested. Sometimes I only use the BP lotion as a spot treatment.

I dont know about their other stuff, but this system was SO HORRIBLE for my face.

I used the Clinique 3 Step ( not the acne kind.. ) for several years. It did nothing for me, I'm not sure it harmed my skin either though, but I definitely missed out on doing good for my skin because I thought since it was by Clinique and it was expensive it should be fine..

Oh to be young and naive again...

:wall:

Guest kiwikali

for me, clinique doesn't do anything, but it doesn't make me break out. but i want products to improve my skin so i don't use clinique. but their body butter is amazingggg :dance:

i love cliniques foundation and their wee face powder things. covers my red marks up a treat

bloody expensive though,im thinking of switching

has anybody tried the redness solutions

daily protective base with spf 15

it says it helps redness and could be used as a primer

I have been using Clinique's oil free superfit make up foundation for 3 years now and love it! The 'nutty' color perfectly matches my skin tone. I tried so many store brands before like Revlon, Cover Girl etc. and all made me break out. I am going to try their Clarifying Foundation now as it also has salicylic acid in it which will not only cover blemishes but also fight them. It's a bit pricey ($25 for a foundation bottle) but totally worth it. But because of its price, I only thought of trying Clinique after I started working...)

I tried it and the coverage was great however the color choices are horrible, if you can find something to match your skin tone thats great but I'm pretty fair and the first foundation in this line was too lite so I got the second one, cream something and it was SO orange..this is a common problem, if they would get a better color range they'd have more customers