Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mjr2020

What realistic improvement % can i hope for with co2 laser resurfacing?

ive read in a lot of studies that shallow atrophic scarring can respons very well to this kind of treatment mainly a 60% imporvement trend from what ive read, then i have also read a lot of sources that claim they only improve scars in general by around 25% i only have about 4-5 very shallow soft scars on my right cheek that are only really visible in some lighting, the scarred pores would be a bonus if they went but thats not my main area of concern, how well do you think i will respond, thanks.

ive read in a lot of studies that shallow atrophic scarring can respons very well to this kind of treatment mainly a 60% imporvement trend from what ive read, then i have also read a lot of sources that claim they only improve scars in general by around 25% i only have about 4-5 very shallow soft scars on my right cheek that are only really visible in some lighting, the scarred pores would be a bonus if they went but thats not my main area of concern, how well do you think i will respond, thanks.

i had CO2 done 4 years ago when i was 26. i probably received 10-15% improvement if that. i dont have severe acne scars either. probably a 4 on a 1-10 scale.

i had CO2 done 4 years ago when i was 26. i probably received 10-15% improvement if that. i dont have severe acne scars either. probably a 4 on a 1-10 scale.

is it fractional Co2? The results vary, but most derms will tell u a close to 50% improvement after 5 full sessions...

is it fractional Co2? The results vary, but most derms will tell u a close to 50% improvement after 5 full sessions...

no just the normal single treatment co2 laser resurfacing

I have been told by two dermatologists that specilize in treating acne scars that laser resurfacing is almost worthless to improve acne scars. In addition, there is a good chance of persistant redness and permanent hypopigmentation. I would not try laser resurfacing for acne scar treatments, the potential improvement to risk is just not worth it. Unfortunately, it is advertised as the "gold standard" for acne scar treatment and that has just got to be bullshit.

All i got from CO2 Laser was thinned out skin, and more obvious scarring, and an empty bank balance! Id like to point out though that back then my scarring was deep. It may be ok for superficial and shallow scars but if you have deeper scars forget it.

All of these negative replies are concerning full ablative C02 resurfacing. You should consider fractional C02 lasering, which while it is still new, shows much promise and check out my thread detailing my recent experience with Lumenis C02 UltraPulse Total FX laser procedure.