Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tobias

Puff pastry

I just read on the nutrition label of the puff pastry i use to make chicken pies has some trans fat, and wheat flour as an ingredient.

how bad is this? should i avoid it? are there any alternatives?

You may choose not to make chicken pies. I have discovered that by swallowing fragrant air emanating from puff pastry, or any other rich desserts, it fills my stomach with much pleasantness. It is so pleased, that it tells me so in the way of loud purring.

And on a completely unrelated note, I am now manly enough to fill huge balloons with certain emanations with enough volume, and which may float towards certain neighbors with braty little younglings that like to pop said balloons.

Use layers of thin potato slices for a crust. It has to be starchy potatoes. It doesn't work well with waxy or all purpose.

I make a Spanish style tuna empanada this way. That's tuna, tomatoes, onions, garlic, green pepper, etc. sauteed together and put in crust to bake. It's easy and good for you. I should post it on the Acne free thread.

oh, anything else?

how bad is the pastry itself? something i should definitely try to avoid?

and bob, why come on here and be a complete wanker to everyone else

Try to avoid it if you can. I think alternativista's idea is really good. You could also experiment with things you might not have necessarily thought of before. Perhaps you could zuchinni (sliced thinly and baked or fried in some kind of oil or butter so they are very crispy) as a type of crust, or even use cauliflower!

http://cleochatra.blogspot.com/2008/02/con...iflower-as.html

^^^Believe it or not, but that is cauliflower pizza crust and bread sticks. I'm sure you could come up with a variation for your chicken pie :)

i don't know why I didn't mention this one before, but for the OP's chicken pies, try no bottom crust and put mashed potatoes on top. Sweet potatoes would be even better.

....are you allergic or intolerant to wheat gluten? puff pastries in general are carbs, and around too great for the midsection, but as far as your skin goes, if you aren't sensitive to wheat you should be fine. just try not to consume so many carbs. almost every bread or pastry has wheat flour in it...

I Have two options

1. - Make your own using just whole wheat flour (or normal).

- And butter (alternative.

Just mix both in a blender or processer until it makes crumbs and roll it into a log.Wrap in clingfilm and rest it in a fridge for 3 hours.take it out and roll it.

2. use mash potatoe instead.