Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey everyone! this is a question for people who are on accutane or have already finished.

i've had acne for five years now. i'm almost eighteen and i've exhausted nearly every option, both internal and external. nothing is killing it and i'm fed up.

i want to live my life and stop hiding behind this mask of makeup. i can't even remember what it's like to have 'normal' skin anymore... i can't remember the last time i went out in public without a layer of concealer on. i'm totally at my limit, and so i've decided to give accutane a go.

so.. i guess what i'm asking is... did it help you? at this point i'm just so frustrated i can't even fathom that something might actually work so forgive me for sounding dumb, but does accutane honestly do what people say it does? does it really clear up your skin?

please tell me whatever you wish you could have told yourself before you started - be it horror stories or encouragement.

i guess i just need to know that there may be a light at the end of this very long tunnel.

hey everyone! this is a question for people who are on accutane or have already finished.

i've had acne for five years now. i'm almost eighteen and i've exhausted nearly every option, both internal and external. nothing is killing it and i'm fed up.

i want to live my life and stop hiding behind this mask of makeup. i can't even remember what it's like to have 'normal' skin anymore... i can't remember the last time i went out in public without a layer of concealer on. i'm totally at my limit, and so i've decided to give accutane a go.

so.. i guess what i'm asking is... did it help you? at this point i'm just so frustrated i can't even fathom that something might actually work so forgive me for sounding dumb, but does accutane honestly do what people say it does? does it really clear up your skin?

please tell me whatever you wish you could have told yourself before you started - be it horror stories or encouragement.

i guess i just need to know that there may be a light at the end of this very long tunnel.

Well since you called me out...

It's done wonders for me. i'm on day 50 and it's pretty much cleared out my acne. I have scarring and the pink hue to my skin, but other than that it's worked wonders.

I haven't gone psycho. Worst side effect is the dry lips but its very managable with Aquaphor. Oh and I have the "rash" but that's very treatable with some lotion.

I honestly don't know what to tell you that would make any sense because what has happened to me still makes no sense. I have two friends who took accutane and ended up with wonderful results and are still acne free two years after and they had very bad acne. My story is really weird though, I had very very mild acne but knowing my friends stories I demanded the doctor give me script and he wouldn't, he said I didn't need it at all but I was looking for a quick fix and eventually he gave in. I was told to take only 20mg2Xweek, seriously, and my troubles began from there. I don't know what it is about my body, and trust me I am very healthy, but I seemed to get all of the bad side effects even from such a small dose, hair loss, rosacea, anxiety, depression etc and it single handedly has changed my life for the worse it has been the biggest mistake of my life and not a day goes by that I wish I never took accutane and could just go back to the days before all of this, but then again my friends are happy while I'm suicidal so its like rolling a dice but if it doesn't turn out the way you wanted it than get ready for more problems than you ever imagined that will make acne seem like a joke. I don't want to scare you but at the same time I wish someone would have for me.

thanks so much you guys! i decided not to do it after all. i've started a new program and it's, dare i say this, actually working. (this stuff, if anyone's curious: http://skincarerx.com/review_box.html?pid=869)

i've heard some more tane horror stories like yours, insaneonthetane, and that's what made me decide against it. thank you for being so honest, by the way. i'm sure it works magic for A LOT of people, but i'm just not ready to take that time of gamble until it's absolutely unbearable. thanks again!