Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

that must suck having to worry about having yer face look perfect because there could be a camera on you

Hey everyone,

Most celebrities are some of the ugliest people in the world without there make up and countless plastic surgeries. I used to look up to celebrity. Just look at them without make up. you will change your mind. I remember I Saw a picture of Jennifer lopez without make up and I almost throw up the sandwich I was eating. #-o

The age your at when you begin suffering with acne has a lot of impact on how you deal with your problem and how you view others in comparison to you. I remember I used to get troubled by how perfect people looked on TV, and somehow I felt obligated to live up to what was portrayed.

And this is the thing, what exactly is portrayed? Television and movies would have you believe that they're attempting to emulate reality. But have you ever really thought about what television is? How is television any different from a toaster, or a microwave, or a video game system. These are people being paid to have their face put infront of a camera and have the images transported into a household appliance - just like any other household appliance, expect designed for entertainment - that sits in one room or another in your house.

SOOOO many people are mislead to believe that Television is more than what it is because of the collective viewership (word? lol) we share when we watch it. It's become such a norm in our society that we forget it's even an invention or a mechanical device of that nature and rather a WINDOW or an ACCESS to things that are perceived as "higher" or "greater" than us. That's bullshit though, think about it. What are you actually watching when you turn on TV? I'll tell you. You're watching things that are specifically designed to MAKE YOU WATCH, KEEP YOU WATCHING and obscure any notion of the truth to accomplish either. You're not seeing an accurate depiction of reality, you're seeing things that are best suited to keep you attached to that box you've mistaken for a WINDOW into a "HIGHER" reality.

The whole notion of celebrity is absolute bullshit too. Look at what people go through to fulfill their role as an "idol" or symbol of any sort. Nobody is born perfect the way TV would have you believe. Everybody is false. Everybody is false. Anybody who tries to follow in the footsteps of fallacy is, subsequently, false as well.

Without their makeup the female stars look normal, nothing special really.

My mum also looks like a different person without her makeup, the blokes don't really look much different though, it's just the lighting and a bit of foundation.