Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
heyo

Does Aloe Vera Clog Pores?

I was gonna use it because my skin has been really dry, so does anyone know if it clogs pores or not? Thanks for any info.

I wonder if aloe vera really helps with dryness? I read the review for FOTE aloe vera gel that if you use too much it will be drying. But if you use it with moisturiser it helps? I'm confused...

But I don't think aloe vera will clog pores.

I use Aloe Vera 100% Pure Gel as moisturiser at night, but if I use too much it is drying.

It has cleared the redness I have on either side of my nose though.

So if aloe doesn't moisturize, then why use it?

For healing? please explain the logic behind this.

Particularly for the red marks, but it has helped some people with their mild acne. For me, It has healed my red marks tremendously, but made my skin dry, which caused it to produce lots of oil, making me get a few white heads every morning. But that might just be me.

Try using it with a moisturizer.

Aloe gel helps heal current acne and redmarks, and also reduces skin irritation. I don't see how aloe by itself could break you out or clog pores, more likely that other ingredients in the gel could do that. I have yet to see one that does either, but some people have different reactions.

I personally find the Fruit of the Earth aloe gel to be quite drying, sometimes it even forms a layer that peels off later in the day...The best I have used is Ocean Potion's aloe gel. Its much less drying, even moisturizing, because I use it without any moisturizer and it works great. It makes a good soothing aftershave or even a hair gel too. Unfortunately, the only store that seems to have it is walmart, but I got a huge 20.5 oz pump there for under $4.