Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eskimoemo

accutane good for chest acne?

ive had chest acne for about 4-5 years. sad.gif ive tried proactiv, and it made it worse. so will this work and do i need a prescription?

ya it'll work and get rid of all of it.

but prescriptions for accutane are hard to get unless it's severe.

ya you do need a prescription.

yes it will work, the only think is that the body acne is look like is more resintant so may be you will have to use aq higher dossage. Remember , never take dossages of more than 40mg per day and this will keep you side effect free wink.gif

yes it will work, the only think is that the body acne is look like is more resintant so may be you will have to use aq higher dossage. Remember , never take dossages of more than 40mg per day and this will keep you side effect free wink.gif

I'm taking Accutane now and it's really clearing up my chest and back acne and I'm only on week 3.

I'm alternating with 40mg one day and 80 the next and then 40 again. It hasn't been that bad for side effects. My tinnitus has worsened but I'd rather have tinnitus than acne.

-Thomas

I'm taking Accutane now and it's really clearing up my chest and back acne and I'm only on week 3.

I'm alternating with 40mg one day and 80 the next and then 40 again.  It hasn't been that bad for side effects.  My tinnitus has worsened but I'd rather have tinnitus than acne.

-Thomas

I think 60mg a day is the most beneficial. And for body acne, it cleared up a lot faster than my face acne did...

So I disagree with the statement that body acne is more resistant.

When I took accutane it completely cleared all chest and back acne even faster than it did my face. My face acne came back after a year and the chest and back acne didn't come back until like 4 years later, but it's not nearly as bad.

Well... different people experience different side effects. The most common one that almost everyone experiences is just over all dryness. Especially your lips and palms. Other side effecst that I had were nose bleeds - not extrememly frequent, but pretty bad. Also, back pain that is still here (I took it twice though).

Yeah, it definately worked. It completely cleared my face... for some reason though it only stayed clear for about a year - so I took it a second time. It only stayed clear for a year the second time too. So I've been on the regimen now for about a year and a half... it's awesome.

My brother took accutane not only for his face, but also for some severe chest and back acne. It got rid of all of it, except, and I think this is rare, he WAS left with keloids (bumpy scarring) on his chest and shoulders. Nevertheless, at least he doesn't have acne anymore!

If you don't have health insurance, taking accutane will be VERY expensive. Not only is the medicine itself costly, but the weekly(?) trips to the doctor for blood testing will make it difficult as well. ](*,)

Good luck anyhow! smile.gif

Accutane is only good for about a year or two.

In most cases, it returns in that span. But is not as severe. This is why we always stress - THERE IS NO CURE.

:-k I took a 6 month course of Accutane 80 mg daily and there weren't much improvement neither on my facial acne nor my body acne. 8-[ The dermatologist said she couldn't increase the dosage because my whatever level in my body increased. :-# Damn that drug was so expensive! I'm now on Doxycyline 100 mg tables twice daily, PanOxyl 10 gel and some body lotion. It has been only 2 weeks and I already see visible improvements in my facial acne, but none for my body acne. [-o< Can topical medications like PanOxyl 10 really clear up body acne? Hmm ...