Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vanishing Wolf

Help For "Ugly Skin"?

Here's a link to a website that sells a Chinese soap that's supposed to kill the Demodex mite that may inhabit 98% of the population's facial skin:

http://www.facedoctor.ca/facedoctorsoap.htm

They claim that this mite can cause "redness, enlarged pores, acne, skin blotches and premature aging". They refer to these conditions as the cause of "ugly skin", which I found to be a very funny description! biggrin.gif

I bought a bar at a local health store and have been using it a couple of days, now. I have rosacea and enlarged pores, so I figured, what the heck, I'll give it a shot.

Has anyone else ever heard of this soap, or used it? It's called FaceDoctor, and the active ingredient is seabuckthorn oil. Supposedly, a lot of research has gone into this in China.

I know this doesn't directly pertain to scarring, but lots of people seek help here regarding enlarged pores and red marks. I'm of course skeptical, but so far the soap seems to be OK.

If any dramatic results occur, I'll be sure and update this post.

I believe it could work, many oils are antibacterial and antifungal, "ugly skin" can be caused when bacteria/fungi cause irritation thus causing blotchiness, redness and enlarged pores not to mention acne. Many essential oils would help eliminate "ugly skin" caused by bacteria and fungi. I personally am using tea tree oil and currently have discovered rosemary oil works as well (no more blotchiness smaller pores etc).

I read somewhere that seabuckthorn oil helps rosacea. One site sells it specifically for rosacea

But why spend 20.00? I found this site selling a similar soap for 8.00

http://bluesagenaturals.com/skincare.html

they also sell the oil (which supposedly has skin regeneration qualities)