Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Daniel Blackwell

Please god I need help, anybody out there, nobody ever replies and I have questions!

So I have these little bumps that are small pimples I suppose. They have white centers, and take weeks and weeks to come to a head. I have been making the mistake of picking and them which turns them into little pinhead sized sores. I need some tips for healing these sores over. I currenty wash with Neostrata glycolic wash morning and night, use BP 2.5% before bead, and have been applying Avene's Diacneal to the spots which sprout these little non-inflamed buggers. Any tips?

I will state the obvious first.. Stop picking at the non inflamed spots :P get a salicylic acid spot treatment to put on them (I use the one from shiseido, is great) so that they heal quicker. Also think about a moisturiser with AHAs in, a lot of people on this site have recommended the one from Paula's Choice, to try and avoid getting them in the first place. This will probably be more effective than the wash which is probably only irritating the skin.

As for the inflamed ones: stop playing with them, drink lots of water & eat lots of fruit. This will help with inflammation. If the inflammation is verybad you can take an anti-inflammatory, like ibuprofen or asprin, but do not take it for more then the recommended time (3 days I think) it will mess up your system.

Hope that helps! You can also try posting in the inflamed acne section for more ideas :) A picture of what your talking about would also be helpful ^_^

I will look into the mouisterizer, though Paula's choice dosent seem to be available here in ontario canada..? maybe i'm wrong. Also, yeah stop picking, but darn, I'm a redhead and have super pale skin, so kinda hard ya know. the worst part about all this is up untill about five months ago I never had thse little white comedonal pimples. I can't get rid of them and they dont like to let up. Any other tips anybody?

Try Dermol cream for a moisturiser it has antimicrobial ingredients which help combat bacteria and also works for trapping moisture, you can probably pick it up at any places that sell medications, or get it from a Dermatologist.

As I always recommend, herbal treatment also, you can get green tea creams and such, drink green tea or dab a warm green tea bag over your face and leave it to dry like a mask, it is supposed to be very effective for acne, I used it and yeah it improved mine.

Theres also the Vitamin B5/Pantothenic acid course, buy a bottle of 500mg tablets and take 5 grams a day for the first three days then go up to 10 grams, which would be 10 tablets for 5 grams and 20 tablets for 10 grams, it closes up the pores and helps with oil because it helps decrease the sebum production.

Exercise is always good, go running or something, if you don't want to go out cause of your acne then do some star jumps, run up and down your room, skip and so on, at least untill your heart is pumping fast, then you know your blood is pumping more.

Take vitamin supplements such as cod liver oil 3 + 6 + 9, multivitamin tablets and so on.

Have a decent diet, such as vegetables and tuna, i'm not saying don't eat chocolate if you want to, but do it in moderation, i've read a bit of chocolate a day is good for you, only the dark chocolate though.

There is a ton more you can do to help your problem, but what i've listed is a start.

How do I treat ACTIVE whiteheads though? I've read a ton of stuff saying how to fight off current forming ones, but not ones that are already there. (and something besides getting a esthetscian to pop em out)

I know a way to help clear pores fast, but i'm not sure right at this moment if it contributed to my breakout, I started the Vitamin B5 course so it could be an initial breakout from that.

Anyway, green tea helps to draw out toxins if you use it on your face as a mask, which could be the warm tea bag dabbing of the face.

However I experimented and put a tea bag in my flask or a bowl and steamed the areas with the white heads, left it there steaming for around 10 - 20 mins, went to the mirror and all the stuff from my pores and white heads had come to the surface so I took a cleanse and toner witch wipe and it all just came of with a gentle move along my chin.

It was clear as anything after and I just did it whenever I got them, it works in every area.

I'd advise about medicating after or using something to clear the pores with so nothing spreads.

Be warned thought as I said i'm not sure if this cause my breakout that I have atm or if it was me starting the vitamin B5 course.

Hmm thats interesting, might as well try it...

Take green tea and put it in the hot water that is steaming and put your face above it?

Lol, well put your face over it and put a towel over your head, make sure no steam gets out and you might feel some discomfort on the white heads or whatever is on your face but keep it there for a good 10 - 20 mins, you will know once it has worked by just looking in the mirror, all this white stuff will be over the area from your pores and the white heads. This can be simply very gently wiped away with some type of cleanser wipe or maybe cotton wool, I usualy use a wipe though.

I advise again about using something to stop any type of spread, I have witch stick which says it stops the causes of spots, stings like mad when I apply it.

I'm a fellow red head (hence the clever user name) so I can sympathize with you quite well. Personally, every time I pick at something I shouldn't have, I ice it very carefully. I recomend something between the ice and the target, dixi cups work nicely.

Woke up today super depressed. This has been going on for about the last week, now the scabs are healing, but still scabby and just ugly as hell. I have a lovely, beautiful girlfriend who just means the world to me, we have been dating about three months, and we have a date tomorrow night. I know this stuff isnt gonna heal by then. I'm thinking of rescheduling till maybe a day or two later. I literally hate my life at this moment. I had years and years of healed up skin, now, in the last 8 months it has been a week to week battle with this stuff. I feel so ugly right now. And I just have to sit and wait and be patient. I hate life..

Woke up today super depressed. This has been going on for about the last week, now the scabs are healing, but still scabby and just ugly as hell. I have a lovely, beautiful girlfriend who just means the world to me, we have been dating about three months, and we have a date tomorrow night. I know this stuff isnt gonna heal by then. I'm thinking of rescheduling till maybe a day or two later. I literally hate my life at this moment. I had years and years of healed up skin, now, in the last 8 months it has been a week to week battle with this stuff. I feel so ugly right now. And I just have to sit and wait and be patient. I hate life..

O man red hair is a treat indeed lol. I have pale skin but its not like some of the redheads i have seen. Like WHITE. Anyways all red marks or anything show up, i mean anything. It sucks, and the sun isnt always so nice, i think my skin handles it pretty well tho, just gotta know your limits.

Thanks for the posts, I checked you gallery and nothing there really matched mine? I guess I overreact, but right now its just hard, becasue its in a somewhat moderate stage when normally it was very mild...but thanks so much for the input, I appreciate you taking the time and effort. Also, one thing I failed to mention is I started using Avene Cleanance K gel which is a AHA/BHA blemish treatment. It seems to have pehaps caused this flareup...is this normal for such a product?

t-zone area, which never really gets bad. actually its really bizzare, if it werent for three specific spots that are paticularly red and large (though just marks now, not the pimple) I would be ok really...I just don't know how they got so bad and irritated (though picking and squeezing closed comdones seems to be a major no-no) Its so hard not to though!!! And I do think that Cleanance K AHA/BHA must have caused some initial irritation in areas becsaue I never ever get pimples there, really or have breakouts...with the exception around my lower mouth area, and even then its only closed comdones. Is it possible coverup could be clogging my pores and causing these little guys? I thought so, so I switched brands to Avene's conceler pencil which is non-oil based and non-comedogenic, so hopefully some imporvement insues. Still look terrible, but I told my girlfriend and she was very reassuring...but I mean she kinda has to say it dosent matter right.

It's entirely possible that the concealer could be irritating your skin. How often have you been using the AHA/BHA product?

Yeah my ma is actually gonna pick up and mail me some clinique acne concealer (which is oil free but does not say non-comdegoenic). Im wondering if that is better (less likely to plug up pores) then the Almay which I was using (also "oil free")? Also, the breakouts (knock on wood) have been halted for now it seems, its just taking time for the big spots to heal up...like the cleanance is helping them peel which is good for healing and getting rid of the mark (i think). Its funny becasue I look at pictures of most everybody else and to be honest there is a lot more severe, I 'generally' have pretty mild to moderate, mostly mild though. I have pretty clear skin..its just when I get two or three big ones every two months or so it takes a long time to heal becasue I have ghostly white skin. I also picked up an Avene Light mositurizer which will be replacing my Cetaphil...which I suspect may be pluging up some pores also. I have more faith in Avene...they seem pretty reliable, though I havent used their moiusterizer before.