Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crm6360

When does a pimple graduate into cysthood?

Am I correct in saying the only difference between a cyst and pimple is size? A cyst just happens to be a large pimple. Or is there more to it?

a pimple is a whitehead. long-term effects can result in an ice-pick scar.

a cyst is red, large and contains fluids. it's inflamatory and usually leaves redmarks after healing.

Uhhhhhhhhhh....

by your explanation of aftereffects, a cyst is better to have than a whitehead. I'd take redmarks over ice-pick scars any day.

In addition, by definition all pimples and cysts are a result of the body's inflammatory response.

Someone else wanna give a stab at this?

I believe cyst is worst than a pimple. In my experience, cyst heals much slower than a pimple. It hurts more, much more visible, and more inflammatory.

A question for Johnny, what is a rolling scar?

Cysts are much more inflamed than whiteheads and thus have a higher probability of leaving scars. Cysts also can leave redmarks that take a REALLY long time to go away.

Cysts are definitely NOT fun to have - Really painful and huge and take forever to go away. What causes them anyway? They can't be caused the same way as regular pimples - they're too deep.

Cysts are horrible, I'd take a whitehead over them any day. Cysts can cause 1) HORRIBLE scarring 2) Red/Purple bruise which takes ages to go away 3) HURT like hell

Whiteheads can be taken care of easilly, just dry them out but it takes much longer for cysts.

i think a cyst (when i get one, like now) is when several pores in one area get inflamed and infected.

they take a long time to come to a head, and often do so a few times before they begin to heal.

mine usually last between 2-6 weeks, whereas a normal zit lives on me for between 4 and 10 days.

that (apart from size/pain/swelling) is how i identify them.

You need to really dry Cysts up to get rid of them. Just buy some 10% BP and dab it on (dont rub it in) two/three times a day and it should start to shrink after a few days.

Otherwise, it can take up to 2 months to get rid of them.

In my expierences, Cysts are generally in clumps around the same area of deep, painful zits. They aren't full of whiteheads, though. They are full of oils are generally VERY inflamed. I hate them so much, and am dealing with a few right now. The only relief from these is to think about other things, its the only thing that works! Really, not being conscious of your nasty acne really improves confidence and can lead to your stress level going down and therfore LESS acne, and that's what we all want, right?

Guest Timehealsall

can cysts ever NOT be painful? Sometimes i get these big papules or pustules but they never hurt, but they are full of pus.

Also, how the hell would a whitehead leave a icepick scar and a cyst only a red spot?

Isnt cystic acne considered to be SEVERE while whitehead type acne moderate?

wat the fuck! Dont most whiteheads/pustules/papules NOT leave scars unless popped ?

Cyst: really inflamed, leaves a redmark that takes ages to go away, usually causes rolling or boxcar scars

Pimple (pustule, papule): in the long-term at most will cause an icepick scar

In my personal experience, cysts are worse than pimples. While some are more prone to get pimples over cysts, cysts are larger, extremely painful, and hard to treat. They come up in the worst places, and take forever to get rid of. I once had the entire back of my ear covered in one, and it hurt to touch my ear anywhere, resulting in pain when I brushed my hair back or accidentally hit my hand on my ear. It was red, and medications had little affect on it. A few times I'd hit it pretty hard and it would leak sticky, clear fluids. Eventually I got rid of it, and it left a little scar that was extra skin. Pimples are mostly white heads, are smaller, easier to get rid of, and only slightly painful if irritated, so I believe cysts are worse than pimples.

In my personal experience, cysts are worse than pimples. While some are more prone to get pimples over cysts, cysts are larger, extremely painful, and hard to treat. They come up in the worst places, and take forever to get rid of. I once had the entire back of my ear covered in one, and it hurt to touch my ear anywhere, resulting in pain when I brushed my hair back or accidentally hit my hand on my ear. It was red, and medications had little affect on it. A few times I'd hit it pretty hard and it would leak sticky, clear fluids. Eventually I got rid of it, and it left a little scar that was extra skin. Pimples are mostly white heads, are smaller, easier to get rid of, and only slightly painful if irritated, so I believe cysts are worse than pimples.

Cyst equals to the WTF version of a normal pimple , takes ages to go away , you know there's alot of pus inside yet it takes forever for the head to come out ... and btw they are fcuking painful and fking red ..

Guest Timehealsall
Cyst equals to the WTF version of a normal pimple , takes ages to go away , you know there's alot of pus inside yet it takes forever for the head to come out ... and btw they are fcuking painful and fking red ..

i dont understand how some people can compare a cyst to a papule/pustule. HOW THE FUCK are cysts not worse? Dont they cause worse scarring than papules/pustules? Also, cant a papule/pustule look like a cyst, but not be one? ive had some papules that were huge, but went away fast..