Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
steve.n

Chemical peel not for asians?

I've been doing researches on chemical peels and several sites say that TCA peel and such aren't good options for Asian skin. Then there are other sites that say TCA Peel/Chemical peels can be for the Asian skin. I really wanted to do a chemical peel to help with with my hyperpigmentation but if this is true, I have no more options... Can somebody tell me if chemical peels are ok for the Asian skin? I'm really confused :wall: . Thx a lot.

I'm also Asian, and Asians tend to have very hardy skin which can scar pretty easily. Everyone is different though, so I would try the peels for a while to see if they work.

From personal experience, I have done glycolic peels from 30% to 50% up to 60%. I didn't have any hyperpigmentation at all.

Asian skin comes in varying skintones from light to dark. Perhaps darker Asian skins should be more cautious with chemical peels.

Lastly, TCA peels are much deeper than glycolic peels. As such, I wouldn't recommend the former. Also, start with a lower concentration. If that gives you the desired results, you might not have to use a stronger peel which is more damaging to the skin.