Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jc

Moisturize at night too? (Better safe than sorry?)

Hi everyone,

I hear that it's totally optional to use a moisturizer at night (of course), so for me, my skin gets naturally dry under the onslaught of BP. I also hear that dry skin can exacerbate acne (and do damage to your skin, ages you quicker etc.)

Moisturizing has no real effect on the effects of BP right? I just need some advice. Thanks!

Moisturising doesn't seem to negate the anti acne effect of the bp. So moisturise away - particularly if you are dry skinned.

yeah, go ahead and moisturize twice daily. It's no problem at all, and will help curb dryness.

I never moisturize at night just because I use a little more BP at night than I do during the day. When I put moisturizer over it - it just gets really goopy. Just my experience.

In that case, it would seem like it's more of a love hate relationship then. Because the more BP I use, the dryer my skin gets. It's all good! Chacun son gout. Thanks everyone!

Hi

does anyone know if it's ok to use moisturisers with SPF at night?

any harmful effects? or is it more advisable to use different moisturisers during the day and at night?

Thanks! smile.gif

That's an interesting question. For me, during the day I use cetaphil moisturizer with SPF15, and if I need to use it around the house, I use the non-sunscreen version. I do hear though, that some people (mostly women...lol) even use sunscreen in their house during the day. Because, for example, if they go into their washroom, they're afraid of the aging effects from the sunlight through their bathroom window! lol.

Using an SPF moisturizer for night time would seem like a waste to me...because there are no direct UV rays! Just my opinion.