Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stellarmagic

Helped clear me up

My mom has made me drink haldi ( a yellow cooking powder used in Indian food) with milk or water for the past 2 months. I was skeptical if it was going to work, but I drank it anyways to make her happy. My skin has been clear, and I got only one small pimple right before my period. My skin looks a lot healthier. I don't know if this will help anyone, but it might be worth a try. You should drink it in the morning before you eat anything, or wait 2 hours after a meal. It doesn't taste that great, but take it like a shot. The thing is to try and get pure haldi without other spices mixed in it. You could buy haldi from an Indian grocery store. I hope this helps someone, because it has kept me clear.

Thanks! Reading up on it brings to light that turmeric has helped people with IBS and other problems due to inflammation, as well as improves digestion and the releasing of bile. This could be why it works on skin problems.

Thanks! Reading up on it brings to light that turmeric has helped people with IBS and other problems due to inflammation, as well as improves digestion and the releasing of bile. This could be why it works on skin problems.
My mom has made me drink haldi ( a yellow cooking powder used in Indian food) with milk or water for the past 2 months. I was skeptical if it was going to work, but I drank it anyways to make her happy. My skin has been clear, and I got only one small pimple right before my period. My skin looks a lot healthier. I don't know if this will help anyone, but it might be worth a try. You should drink it in the morning before you eat anything, or wait 2 hours after a meal. It doesn't taste that great, but take it like a shot. The thing is to try and get pure haldi without other spices mixed in it. You could buy haldi from an Indian grocery store. I hope this helps someone, because it has kept me clear.

i found some turmeric drinks in my local store! its by dr weils i think and all it has in it is brew turmeric, water, and vitamin c...pretty cool, but way cheaper to buy the spice and make yer own drinks ;)

i found some turmeric drinks in my local store! its by dr weils i think and all it has in it is brew turmeric, water, and vitamin c...pretty cool, but way cheaper to buy the spice and make yer own drinks ;)

my mom wants me to try this.... i don't know if i could stomach it in milk though..ew hahah.. but i think i might do it b/c i'm totally hating my acne right about now.

tumeric has also been known to have healing properties for open wounds when taken internally... so maybe it will help heal the acne better without redmarks.

my mom wants me to try this.... i don't know if i could stomach it in milk though..ew hahah.. but i think i might do it b/c i'm totally hating my acne right about now.

tumeric has also been known to have healing properties for open wounds when taken internally... so maybe it will help heal the acne better without redmarks.

Interesting, sounds like it is worth a try.

I started taking Purivol today which is mostly just zinc and I may add the turmeric in a week or so. Sounds pretty easy since you just take it once a day in the morning.

I can stand just about anything if it is just a shot, but first thing in the morning on an empty stomach is the hardest.

I have seen mention of curcumin pills, the main ingredient in the turmeric as mentioned by Autononomous(?). But, it seems like more and more we learn that distilling out certain ingredients is not as beneficial to our overall health as the synergistic whole of a natural source. It may be good to extract and intensify ingredients for serious medications, but for general health I would opt for the natural, most healthy form - organic or something. It seems like we are always learning of the benefits of the colors found in foods or that the body only absorbs and utilizes nutrients in certain combinations, etc. I think I would just try the turmeric over the pills.

Glad to hear that it's working so well for you :)

I've been adding turmeric in a ground spice form to my green smoothies every morning for the past couple of weeks with decent results. It IS very strong and hard for me to take down which is way I mix it up in a smoothie.

I usually use between 1 teaspoon - 1 tablespoon. You mentioned you use one "spoonfull", could you be more specific?

Glad to hear that it's working so well for you :)

I've been adding turmeric in a ground spice form to my green smoothies every morning for the past couple of weeks with decent results. It IS very strong and hard for me to take down which is way I mix it up in a smoothie.

I usually use between 1 teaspoon - 1 tablespoon. You mentioned you use one "spoonfull", could you be more specific?

Doin this right now. I was taking turmeric curcumin pills for 3 days, but I just switched to drinking actual turmeric powder yesterday. Let's see how it goes.