Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HoleyFaced

Meeting someone from the net with my FACE!

](*,) I've been talking to this guy for awhile (almost 2 and a half years) and we're finally meeting in less than 2 weeks. The thing is, I have acne scars. What should I do? I don't know if they're really severe. I'm going to go get microdermabrasion soon and hopefully that will help a little. But the thing is, I'm scared he won't like me. You see, he tells me that I'm Beautiful but he hasn't seen my acne scars. Also, other people have complimented me on how cute I am as well (but I don't believe it because of my acne scars) I'm so worried. I really want to make this work but I'm so afraid. I wanna tell him too but I really wanna get rid of my scars first because who wants scars? Anywho what should I do?

Woah, 2 and a half years is quite a long time. I'm sure that you two have already built up a strong foundation for a relationship (whatever it might be). If your skin really is at a point where you think that it might shock him to say the least, then I think that being honest and straight-up with him can't hurt. Kind of work it into your conversation with the utmost subtleness.

Do the whole backwards thing, and say that you're not so pretty. And in response, of course, he'll say that you are, and back and forth and back and forth. Then mention casually that you think that your skin isn't as great as supermodels (or something stupid like that), and he might be sympathetic to your situation. He might call you a 'silly girl' or something playful like that.

Cause everyone knows that women have SO much pressure to be like perfect 10 cover models. All guys know that girls obsess about their looks, no matter what they look like! I dunno, I'm kinda ranting here. lol. If I were him, I'd be non-chalant about it.

Good luck! Keep us aprised of how it goes!

Oh yeah, I tell him that I don't think I'm beautiful, who can when their face is full of scars yet he just brushes it off. I just told him and he says that he doesn't care about my face and that it's more than that. It's such a relief biggrin.gif/

Haha...well, I hope you know what I meant. My girlfriend does it to me all the time. She says one thing, I say the opposite. All girls want are compliments and affection right? biggrin.gif/

I'm glad that you told him, and that he's ok about it. In any case, at least he knows. Don't get us guys wrong. You may think we're all superficial and everything, but when it comes down to it, we're all looking for something more than meets the eye. :-({|=

Why dont u take a photo of your face close up and send it, see his reaction..at least you can kill the blow..but if other people say your cute then you must be..just go get a tan, put some make up on or something..he wont even notice, it can't be that bad..besides, you could be the most beautiful thing ever but if you don't beleive it and tell him oyu dont think you rbeautiful your sending him negative messages about yourself..he will think it too. Just smile alot..if he doesnt like u for some scarring then why would u want to be with him anyway right?

I wasn't telling her to say to him, "I'm not beautiful" in the truest sense of the phrase, but more in a playful sense. Like say to him, "ooooooh, I'm not beautiful ::wink, wink::", because I just think that most girls like to get compliments. Kinda like people who say, "I'm on a diet!", just so people will say, "What?? You're so thin!". Hehe.

Just remember: CONFIDENCE is sexy! =P~

It doesnt exactly exude confidence when you're saying, "i'm not beautiful" and "My skin is bad".

What the hell are you talking about. If he knows his shit he'll pay her compliments without the need for a push.

When I online chat, I always mention about my severe acne. If the person has a problem with it, I cease communication. So far, I've met more than 10 people from the Internet. They're all okay.

I guess some people just don't know the timeless art of seduction, or even how to play the game anymore. Social skills people! I was suggesting a playful manner, NOT in a serious way, which would suggest lack of self-esteem. Yeesh! Take my advice with a grain of salt. ::slurp:: =P~

#-o well, I don't tell anyone online about my pimples, only him. I see no reason why I should when I'm not gonna meet them anyways. Well, like jc said, I do tell him that I'm not all that like he thinks I am but he says it's ok and that we've been together long enough that it's more than looks now. I'm not sure about the whole closeup pix thing yet. That'll have to wait until another day when I get braver.

](*,)  I've been talking to this guy for awhile (almost 2 and a half years) and we're finally meeting in less than 2 weeks.  The thing is, I have acne scars.  What should I do?  I don't know if they're really severe.  I'm going to go get microdermabrasion soon and hopefully that will help a little.  But the thing is, I'm scared he won't like me.  You see, he tells me that I'm Beautiful but he hasn't seen my acne scars.  Also, other people have complimented me on how cute I am as well (but I don't believe it because of my acne scars)  I'm so worried.  I really want to make this work but I'm so afraid.  I wanna tell him too but I really wanna get rid of my scars first because who wants scars?  Anywho what should I do?

Yup, Ludacriss is right. There's more to life than just what's on the outside (i.e. our skin). If you don't worry about it, and just exude confidence, then more than likely, nobody else will care about it either. Most of the time, I do totally forget about it and just act like a good ol' extroverted maniac. Then people will usually follow suit.

Don't worry about it, most guys rn't that shallow and after 2 1/2 years he better not be that concerned about scars or he has some serious problems. Hey if ur scared listen to Beautiful by Aguilera...it always helps me, I mean I usually listen to rap but if I'm having problems that song always cheers me up...most of my friends give me weird looks because most of the time I have my subs thumpin when I pull into work and instead they hear that but I don't care

Chances are he is also worried that you may not like him for some reason, when you meet.

2 &1/2 years is a long build-up.

we all have insecurities. he is probably very nervous also.

You'll know if he likes you if he wants to meet up again after the first time. There is nothing more you can do other then meet him and act yourself, don't try stupid seduction techniques, you're not really trying to seduce him are you, at least not yet biggrin.gif