Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So, using a mix of Dan's regimen and a bunch of stuff, I've gotten pretty damn clear. All that remains is red marks and scarring.

Yet, for the first time in a week or so, I had a little thing pop up on my jawline.

Its one of those not really a pimple, large, hurts, cant really pop red things.

Pic:]

It doesn't show too much detail but you all get the idea.

Unfortunately I have definitely irritated it and its stands out quite well.

Theres an absolute ton of different threads talking about spot treatment what to do etc etc. As well a million different answers. Just curious if theres something that would make it go away faster. Normally in the past I would just continue with everything and let it go away in time, yet now being so much more clear, it stands quite out a lot.

This is what I have in my arsenal.

All proactiv steps

DKR Cleanser, BP

Emu oil

AHA Souffle 12% Glycolic

as well anything holistic thats around

Any quick recommendations?

This is what I have in my arsenal.

All proactiv steps

DKR Cleanser, BP

Emu oil

AHA Souffle 12% Glycolic

as well anything holistic thats around

Any quick recommendations?

Definitely looks inflamed. Pop some advil or ibuprofen to help bring down the swelling. That AHA may help too (I use it for redness). If you have uncoated aspirin, you can dribble some water on it and put the paste over the lump for about 20 minutes. That should help take down the swelling, redness, and pain. Possibly holding some ice to it, too.

I wouldn't do all that at once, that'd probably do more harm than good.

Other than that, lots of BP.

I have a pimple like that in the same exact spot as you! It hurts doesnt it? I had it injected with cortisone by my dermatologst but its like two big pimples in one. One part is gone but the other part is still there. I have tried sa, bp, a clay mask and nothing is getting rid of it either. I cannot wait to hear more responses under this thread too so we can finally get rid of it

I think that IPL or some other laser treatments like fraxel will help a lot with the acne outbreaks and scarring, apart from that it dont look to bad m8.

Thanks for the help!

I totally overlooked taking some ibuprofen, I took about 600mg. Other than that I simply put a good amount of BP and covered that with emu oil. + 9 hours of sleep.

It has went down a ton and now resembles more of a small scab. Which it pretty much is.

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/8671/0322081430cb0.jpg

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/4018/0322081429ef7.jpg

Not really sure the fastest way to heal a scab, I'm not sure if I want to keep loading as much BP on it now. Or maybe I should.

Thanks for the help!

I totally overlooked taking some ibuprofen, I took about 600mg. Other than that I simply put a good amount of BP and covered that with emu oil. + 9 hours of sleep.

It has went down a ton and now resembles more of a small scab. Which it pretty much is.

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/8671/0322081430cb0.jpg

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/4018/0322081429ef7.jpg

Not really sure the fastest way to heal a scab, I'm not sure if I want to keep loading as much BP on it now. Or maybe I should.

It looks much better. I don't see why loading it up with more BP would do much harm since it would certainly help keep it from building more bacteria. If you have some aloe vera gel, that might help it heal a bit faster too (not sure how much faster or if it will make a difference).

I think you should just keep doing what you're doing. It worked well enough. ^_^

I'd suggest Neosporin *cream* at bedtime. Personally, I think it heals open areas much better than BP.