Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
near

Will acne ever become a thing of beauty?

cindy-crawford-the-good-german-hollywood-premiere-1szst9.jpg

Cindy Crawford. What seperates her from all other models? Her mole.

Now while a mole and acne aren't even comparable in terms of beauty, what if someday the world wants natural raw beauty more then a fake image, and that acne would become a think of beauty?

Am I crazy? Is it so bad to dream of a day when acne is looked up to, a thing to be jealous of? Who'll be the first to make it happen...

Most things that are considered beautiful or impressive are that way because they're rare. Too many people have acne for it to be beautiful (among other reasons). Beauty is formated so that the few who have a lot will feel special. Beauty isn't for everyone, I guess.

Even if the whole world suddenly decided I was the most beautiful person ever because of my acne, I'd still be sickened by my reflection.

Even if the whole world suddenly decided I was the most beautiful person ever because of my acne, I'd still be sickened by my reflection.

Put me down for a big Hell N0

I think a very small amount of acne sufferes who can relate will find other acne sufferers who have strong personalities, and ambition, to be a thing of beauty.

But for the most part...this aint the twilight zone

People cant fly, people dont have psychic abilities, and beauty unfortunately is mostly in the eye of the clear-skinned beholder.

sadly, acne is still associated with bad hygiene by many people and is the universal symbol for the "dork" if you look at movies and cartoons, so no, i doubt it will become a thing of beauty. Some hundred years back acne was associated with the villian in literature, right? So things didn't evolve really, haha.

But couldn't acne be associated with the underdog? If anyone saw Shaolin Soccer, you'd know what I meant. There needs to be a movie about a guy who overcomes all odds and has acne, like a Rocky-esque movie.

A small hope that I'm clinging to at the moment is that maybe, with a really beautiful person (obviously not me) who has maybe one or two spots, there might be more appeal because they look "real" as opposed to stupidly flawless?

I will never consider acne on my myself a thing of beauty. on top of the mental pain theres also the physical and that is a NO.

but its easy for me to look past acne on other people and see their true beauty so idk. it shouldn't be like a big deal

haha I don't think it will happen...

I'm trying to picture a bunch of people circled around a tv, like they would be for the super bowl, watching a face with a huge zit about to explode. They're all screaming YEAP, COME ON, GET THERE, JUST A LIL MORE, BIG MONEY!

And then BAM it explodes...white shit everywhere. Everyone applaudes. They say damn thats sexy.

Can you see it...haha I can't.

Sorry for the visuals :D

Guest Renelle

i think this is kind of dumb question...

A small hope that I'm clinging to at the moment is that maybe, with a really beautiful person (obviously not me) who has maybe one or two spots, there might be more appeal because they look "real" as opposed to stupidly flawless?

Interesting question. It'd be nice if it did, but... I think the answer will still be NO in the end.

BUT... there are some kids who look up to their siblings with acne (or braces) and actually wish they had acne as well.

I wonder, instead, if there's a possibility that acne will be more associated with youth (rather than being "dirty). That wouldn't be so bad. I hate the "dirty" thing. Everyone I know who has acne actually takes care of their skin better than those without.