Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
forfricksake

How long do women have to wait

How long do woman typically have to wait from the time they first visit their derm to the time they can actually start taking Accutane? I know there is iPledge, and if you are not already on the pill you have to start taking it and be able to have a negative pregnancy test. I have been on the pill for 12 years so I'm hoping my waiting time will be a little less. Can anyone offer any information to help me understand better? I go to the derm on 3/31 & I'm really anxious and just trying to get as much information before hand so I have all my "ducks in a row" and can be as educated as possible before I state my case and plead for one last shot at clear skin.

Women have to wait a month. Just the way it is. You go to your derm, he agrees to put you on accutane, then you go get your bloodwork done (including pregnancy test), wait a month, then get another 2nd negative pregnancy test done a few days before you go back to your derm, go to the derm and he gives you the prescription (assuming all bloodwork is good, and you have to fill it within 7 days of last pregnancy test).

Women have to wait a month before they get their prescription. You go get blood work and a pregnancy test. Then, a month later come back get another and a few days later you get your prescription. Well, that's how it was for me.