Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

If you have an onset of acne as a teen (like I did) it usually gets better as you get older and the hormones calm down.

Then you have people with adult onset of acne and that is a horse of a different color.

Either way it is a real pain in the butt! #-o Thank God for sites like this where you can come together with other people dealing with similar issues and find what might or might not work for you.

i started getting acne around the age of 14 and i am seventeen now and my acne is improving drastically but i think it because i am starting to take much better care of myself. Is it possible that acne from pubertiy will last for at least a decade? I was told by some that acne is permanent no matter how u get it. He said that its like E.COLI. everyone has e.coli in there intestins in an inactive form but the only time you get the disease is if something triggers it and then you are fucked. He said acne is the same way. Everyone has the potential but if it is triggered then you are fucked for life. The people that it wasn't tirggered it are ok. If my case is puberty acne then when should it start going away?

I began to breakout around age 13 or so, it started getting better by the time I was 17-18, but I still have a little breakout now and then. I am a girl, so the hormonal influence is there and I am guaranteed a spot or two every month. It is nothing major at this point though.

Are you using Dan's regimen or are you doing something else? That will have a lot of impact on how your acne reacts.

unfortunately, it is more or less permanent, however, I think not only does it vary from person to person but also, it lessens as you get older(for the most part)

case in point, many people I know that are a few years older than me, generally have no acne, but that doesn't mean that they don't get a zit or two from time to time. My older brother used to have some noticeable acne, he went on BP for a week, got rid of it, and it hasn't come back, except for the odd pimple that comes and goes.

So I think, fighting the good fight, will only get easier as you get older, and even if you have more or less cured your acne, you may still get the occasional lesion

i think acne as a teen for the most part will go away within 10 years. by within im thinking like 6....however there are cases where people just get it for the majority of their lives and some that only develop it later on into their 20's, 30's etc.....i barely remember my very first pimple.....i was probably 15-16.....i have never had anything past mild acne but it was worse then, then it is now (which is slim to none)...im 19....so i think puberty's acne does subside in the majority of its victims, without a doubt

This depends on your genetics. I'd ask your parents or grandparents if and when their acne subsided.

In my family people break out well into their 50s. My acne started at 11 or so and is going strong at 31. If it weren't for the regimen I'd still be breaking out.

-Dan

You can manage acne but unfortunately you can't cure it (with the exception of accutane in some cases). Acne is the bi product of some kind of broader systemic problem which the medical community still doesn't have a handle on. ](*,) . Tho you can exert a large amount of control through a topical regimen it isn't addressing the underlying systemic causes. For most people acne does resolve itself, the timing is mostly dictated by genetics.