Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Great Reizo

Bare Escentuals/Everyday Mineral Question

The "fairly light" shade from Bare Escentuals matched my skin tone perfectly and I have yet to find a shade in Everyday Minerals that matches the "Fairly Light" shade. Anyone know? Also, I hear that the ideal mineral concealer will match the color of your forearm true? As of now I am using a yellow "sunlight" concealer to help out. Anyone know?

Maybe if you emailed EM customer service and asked they would know. I bet it's been asked before.

I'm a fairly light in BM as well. What samples have you tried of EM?

I'm half hispanic, and I think more yellow than you so I ordered olive fair, light olive, golden medium olive, and I also ordered winged butter, fairly light neutral (in the buff), multitasking neutral in the cool. What matched for me is the multitasking neutral in cool.

But fairly light in BM really covered a wide range of skin colors. I wouldn't go by matching the powder color alone because for example winged butter looks fairly light but was actually too dark for me. A lot of people also end up mixing EM so you may have to do that.

If you can I'd get some good quality pictures of your skin that way people can better advise you. And just try to narrow down your choices for the samples, and play around with them.

Sure, I can do that. The picture of me in my bed and the ones with me with the white shirt on is the one using Bare Escentuals "Fairly Light Shade". The ones using the concealer shade is of me in the aqua hollister T shirt and me in the brown sweater and the last one of me is my natural skin tone (it's the one of me looking kinda zoned out, sorry guys). Here we go, yo...

post-48788-1206235400_thumb.jpg

post-48788-1206235421_thumb.jpg

post-48788-1206235461_thumb.jpg

post-48788-1206235483_thumb.jpg

post-48788-1206235528_thumb.jpg

post-48788-1206235544_thumb.jpg

post-48788-1206235562_thumb.jpg

post-48788-1206235573_thumb.jpg

post-48788-1206235589_thumb.jpg

post-48788-1206235400_thumb.jpg

post-48788-1206235421_thumb.jpg

post-48788-1206235461_thumb.jpg

post-48788-1206235483_thumb.jpg

post-48788-1206235528_thumb.jpg

post-48788-1206235544_thumb.jpg

post-48788-1206235562_thumb.jpg

post-48788-1206235573_thumb.jpg

post-48788-1206235589_thumb.jpg

Wow, your skin is so nice. Why do you even need make-up? Goodness.

I'm pretty bad at knowing someone's color. It took me a while for myself, and I had to invite friends over to look at all my samples on my face.

Have you visited the site and looked at all the descriptions for the foundations? That really helped me, and what also helped is going to the community, then a message board will pop up and then under member gallery you can make a thread and ask for help from them too. They were helpful to me.

I would definitely dry multitasking neutral in cool. I think it covers a lot of skin tones and it might be good for you. Hopefully someone else could help because I really don't know. Maybe the fairly light in beige or fairly light neutral in buff.

Wow, your skin is so nice. Why do you even need make-up? Goodness.

I'm pretty bad at knowing someone's color. It took me a while for myself, and I had to invite friends over to look at all my samples on my face.

Have you visited the site and looked at all the descriptions for the foundations? That really helped me, and what also helped is going to the community, then a message board will pop up and then under member gallery you can make a thread and ask for help from them too. They were helpful to me.

I would definitely dry multitasking neutral in cool. I think it covers a lot of skin tones and it might be good for you. Hopefully someone else could help because I really don't know. Maybe the fairly light in beige or fairly light neutral in buff.

Some close matches would probablybe Light in the Golden Section or the neutral section. Golden Fair may work. As well as Fairly Light itself. Try not to get the intensive formula as this formula seems to make the foundations darker get matte version!

Some close matches would probablybe Light in the Golden Section or the neutral section. Golden Fair may work. As well as Fairly Light itself. Try not to get the intensive formula as this formula seems to make the foundations darker get matte version!

I usually use less and less is more!! I try to be basic as possible. I just use Everyday Minerals foundation ONLY. I sometimes use the Tinted Silk Dust but not as much I have now found a good setting spray so i just use a spray instead of using another powder.Foundation only and its just one step no need for the others and getting Intensive Formula is very important for me since it gives me full coverage!!

The intensive formula is much darker and I find my best color is in the matte formula but that formula doesnt give me good coverage as intensive does!