Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zitophobe

Can aloe vera cause an IB?

Having read all the great reviews I bought some pure aloe vera gel (nothing added). I used it for a week and broke out badly. I then tried it on one side of my face only, and that side broke out, so it's definitely the aloe.

I read many posts saying it doesn't aggravate acne, so do you think I should persevere longer, or am I just one of the unlucky ones? :( (I was applying thinly once a day, 30 mins after Duac)

Thanks in advance for any advice....

Having read all the great reviews I bought some pure aloe vera gel (nothing added). I used it for a week and broke out badly. I then tried it on one side of my face only, and that side broke out, so it's definitely the aloe.

I read many posts saying it doesn't aggravate acne, so do you think I should persevere longer, or am I just one of the unlucky ones? :( (I was applying thinly once a day, 30 mins after Duac)

Thanks in advance for any advice....

I USE ALOE IN MY HAIR IN PLACE OF HAIR GEL AS THE HAIR GEL HAS MANY CHEMICALS THAT MAKE ME BREAK OUT AROUND MY HAIRLINE. I WOULDN'T USE IT ON YOUR FACE IF YOU HAVE SENSITIVE SKIN. DID DAN'S PRODUCTS WORK? HAVE YOU TRIED THEM?

WWW.DAILYBOOZ.COM

I have different results from different manufacturers of aloe vera. Some irritate my skin, causing it to turn red, and then I break out. Others are very soothing for my skin. I suggest you try a different brand.

I must add that aloe vera alone does not seem to be an effective moisturizer. If I use a gel, it's feels drying. You may want to pair it with your moisturizer after you figure out which brand of aloe is good for you.

Hmmm.. 100% pure? That sounds fishy - it has to have some preservative. What brand is it?

Hmmm.. 100% pure? That sounds fishy - it has to have some preservative. What brand is it?

Thanks for the replies. It's Holland & Barratt's own brand, a healthfood/supplements chain here in the UK. It didn't irritate my skin at all, just broke me out after a couple of days. I'm on a very tight budget so can't really afford to try lots of different brands plus postage (pure aloe without perfumes etc. isn't readily available in stores over here).

I use Fruit of the Earth. 100% pure

www.dailybooz.com

aloe should not burn your skin. In fact, it should do the exact opposite.

I have a aloe cactus that I use whenever I have a burn (I just cut off a piece) and it definitely does not cause me any irritation, in fact its quite soothing.

If your aloe is making you sting, then I would not recommend using it.

Though I am confused. What's the purpose of using aloe if not as a moisturizer? For its healing properties?

ps. Isn't it funny when people talk in CAPS LOCK I feel like they are yelling... Its even hard to read, lol, I just cant shake the feeling that they come across as insane/angry.