Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leepinglizards

Does anyone else get pimples from lack of sleep?

Very much so. And I am in college and somewhat serious about studying. So sometimes I have to pull all nighters for grades. :cry:

What would you rather have? straight A's or Clear skin?

Whenever I either stay up too late or don't get enough sleep, I frequently find new pimples. Does anyone else experience this phenomenon?

Yup - but I find that the regime helps subside some of the break out symptons. I am also a college student (day starts at 5:30am and ends around midnight) so I can use all the help I can get!!

Yup - but I find that the regime helps subside some of the break out symptons. I am also a college student (day starts at 5:30am and ends around midnight) so I can use all the help I can get!!

holy mother of God ! :shake:

Whenever I either stay up too late or don't get enough sleep, I frequently find new pimples. Does anyone else experience this phenomenon?

Totally! No doubt about it.

The worst thing is that my entire body 'breaks out'

1) i get pimples

2) I cant workout if i dont get 8 hours - Im too exhausted - resulting in more pimples (I notice working out decreases my breakouts) - Also overall less energy (workouts out gives me a high)

3) I look like complete crap with 5-6 hours of sleep (and everyone makes sure to tell me how teird I look)

4) I become depressed because I have pimples, i look like crap, I feel out of shape (though Im not- lol), and Im tired - this results in me not caring about anything - probably not showering/washing my face - Ultimately resulting in MORE PIMPLES!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Its a vicious cycle.

I get this! I also believe I get extra ones from over-sleeping. Like now, It's 5am here in England and my sleeping pattern is screwed and I might fall asleep for 10-11 hours by accident and feel so horrible. Also it could be caused by shifting my body clock all over the place, I think the bit of the brain is the hypothalamus or something. My poor brain.

Generally yes lack of sleep causes more breakouts for me. Mostly because not getting enough sleep means we are more tired. This stressed out our body resulting in more breakouts. so I try to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep daily.