Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

8-[ Some of you people might be wondering how my acne looks like, I suppose. O:) I mean after the messages I posted about how Christina Aguilera has inspired me to be strong and etcetera. For those of you who don't know me; my name's Zul and I'm 18/m. I've suffered from acne since age 15. I've tried Tetracycline and Accutane and none worked. I started on Doxycyline 100 mg capsules twice daily, PanOxyl 10% and some body acne lotion 6 days ago (all prescribed by my dermatologist). Anyway, here are the pictures (click on the URLs below) ... :-# I guess you'll realise yours isn't bad after all!

WARNING: IMAGES MAY BE DISTURBING.

http://ourworld.cs.com/mzbs17/front+view.jpg

http://ourworld.cs.com/mzbs17/left+view.jpg

http://ourworld.cs.com/mzbs17/right+view.jpg

You're right. My acne is nothing compared to yours. I deeply respect you for the way you can keep your spirit up.

he's already tried it, read his post again.

i agree with Uruk, many people, whos acne is not a tenth as severe as yours, wallow in self pity. which doesnt help.

how many times have you tried accutane? many people say some patients need a second course. did you get any improvement at all with accutane?

those pics are the first i see on this board that has acne that is worse then mine, i dont want to put you down with this but just compliment you for your attitude.

Good luck to you bro,my prayers are with you.

I dont think anything except accutane will clear you up man,how it went the first time?How much was your dosage?

An elder Cherokee was teaching his grandchildren about life.

He said to them, "A fight is going on inside me, a terrible fight between

two wolves.

One wolf represents fear, anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed,

arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride,

superiority, and ego.

The other represents joy, peace, love, hope, sharing,

serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, friendship, empathy, generosity,

truth, compassion, and faith.

This same fight is going on inside you, and

inside every other person, too."

The children thought about it for a minute

and then one child asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

**Hats off to you for your great attitude. user posted image

user posted image, Misty

You are the one who try to send smiles to me on another post ](*,) ](*,) .

Let me be your admirer

Hi,

Tell your dermatologist to put you on a drug called Spironolactone. If you have been unsuccessful with Accutane, then this is your best bet. One of the inadvertant effects of Sironolactone is it's anti-androgen effect. This drug will reduce the amount of testosterone produced at the adrenal gland, while it simultaneoulsy competes with androgen at androgen receptor sites. Give this a try.

8) As I've said, it's all due to Christina Aguilera. :lol: She's my number one idol! O:) 'Fighter' and 'Beautiful' by her are my favourites! evil.gif Anyway, the main thing that's really pissing me off is my own family. :X They're bigots and just don't let me live my own life. evil.gif Grgh! badgrin.gif I think I'm gonna run away from home tomorrow!

Look man I don't wanna come off sound harsh at all cause this is just a practical APPLICABLE way to look at your life man.

You are only 18 not only have you got your whole life to live, you've got many many many many more years where you might clear up your acne or, just by chance, your acne will go away or be a lot less severe. Acne that starts in teenage years usually decreases in severity or goes away during adult years. HANG IN THERE MAN!! YOU'RE ONLY 18 ONE DAY YOU WILL FIND SUMTHIN! And don't let it bother you now...but you've already got that one down.

And honest to God's truth I've seen kids who've had severe cases like yours that GO AWAY. I've never asked them how cause I didn't know them well enough, but NEVER despair, one day you'll find something.

If Zul can live with his acne and be so positive now, why can't all of you do the same with your small amount of acne?

Z

I know you're not Zul and I'm sorry if I came off over eager, but everyone whosever told you that self-confidence is the largest attractive factor is right. That's a fact, plain and simple, all of you who oppose it have developed paranoid delusions about yourself. Look I know because I've been thru it and still go thru it, trying to hide one side of my face from ppl, always being fidgety when ppl are talking to me and never looking them in the eye - always because I'm thinking about my acne and how they see it. I can only imagine how that must make me seem, but I know if I kept still for a goddam second and talked to them like a normal person it would be different - a lot less awkward and therefore an easier person to talk to, sum1 ppl would wanna be around.

We should consider ourselves BLESSED we're not Zul CLEARLY we don't have 1/1000th of the strength he does and would probably crumble if faced with the circumstances he's in. All that wanna flame me for "worshipping" him I'd ask you to find me a better candidate of what ppl with this disorder strive to achieve. Or are we content with being chronically depressed, self-conscious and morbid forever?

There is always someone better off than you, always someone worse off than you, and always someone just like you . . . how does that change things???

Or are we content with being chronically depressed, self-conscious and morbid forever?

I know you're not Zul and I'm sorry if I came off over eager, but everyone whosever told you that self-confidence is the largest attractive factor is right.  That's a fact, plain and simple, all of you who oppose it have developed paranoid delusions about yourself.  Look I know because I've been thru it and still go thru it, trying to hide one side of my face from ppl, always being fidgety when ppl are talking to me and never looking them in the eye - always because I'm thinking about my acne and how they see it.  I can only imagine how that must make me seem, but I know if I kept still for a goddam second and talked to them like a normal person it would be different - a lot less awkward and therefore an easier person to talk to, sum1 ppl would wanna be around.   

We should consider ourselves BLESSED we're not Zul CLEARLY we don't have 1/1000th of the strength he does and would probably crumble if faced with the circumstances he's in.  All that wanna flame me for \"worshipping\" him I'd ask you to find me a better candidate of what ppl with this disorder strive to achieve.  Or are we content with being chronically depressed, self-conscious and morbid forever?

One thing that really frustrates me is the chain of thought that if someone else has worse acne then another then they should not worry so much about their acne because there are people worse off.

It is all relative, I hear people who complain about 1 pimple because to them that represents something they cannot put up with.

Conversly I know people who couldn't give a damn about acne and continue on with their lives without it raising so much as a problem. My brother is an example of this. He is 4 years younger than me and has acne as severe if not more severe then I did at the stage in my life. To him it is no problem. He has soo many friends and I mean good friends who would do anything for him, he has girls calling up all the time. These people all love him for his personality- the person he is and not the external crap

Having said that, not all people are like that and that is alright because everyone is different. However attempting to justify why someone should not worry about their acne by saying there is someone out there with worse acne is not any sort of solution, if anything it creates more problems.

Yeah I've always been mystified by friends who have all the girls and are popular and have acne. But what I say is true...I'm not trying to put people under pressure but other than trying to cure acne the physical disease you at some point have to start curing how it has changed you as a person. It's take me 3 years to realize that confidence in self in everything.