Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
User01

How long did the DKR take for you?

I was just curious how long it took different people to get clear after starting the DKR for the first time. I have be on the regime for a little over 3 months and I have definitely seen an improvement, but I think it will be another month or two before I am totally clear. Also, I know that the regime works slower for some than it does for other.

I started the regimen in November and am clear almost everyday now (as a woman, there is one week of the month that one or two pimples - although much smaller - have still appeared). I would say that I was at about the 2 1/2 month mark when I really started feeling confident that I would wake up clear.

I'm somewhere right in between mild and moderate (maybe a little more towards moderate) and I am honestly seeing a difference after 24 hours alone. The downtime of a breakout is imminent, but I JUST had one the other day so I might have picked the most opportune time (my breakouts occur about every third week or so).

Not even a full week for me, personally.

After it was under control, I went off of it, and went for a more holistic approach, and it's stayed clear.

I've been on the DKR for about 5 1/2 months now and I'm still not completely clear, I've been using dans gel every day 2 x a day and changed up my cleansers a few times and found one I actually liked but I still have atleast 2 or 3 active pimples on my face at a time. It has definitely improved my skin though so I will continue to use it but I definitely still have redness and flakeyness even after all this time. It's a small price to pay to have semi-clear skin.

I saw pretty well complete results within a month.

1st week = initial breakout started

2nd week = problem areas clearing, other areas breaking out

3rd week = other breakouts resolving, problem areas clear

4th week = pretty well clear

I've been watching my diet plus taking supplements (zinc, omega3, c, a) and if I slip up on any aspects (including following the DKR religiously) then I will have new pimples forming. Losing sleep, excessive stress, perspiration, irritation (helmet use, what have you) are more contributing factors.

It's still hard to stay completely clear but I think I just had about a 3-4 day streak with a perfectly clear face (feels so good!). One active pimple atm. I'm pretty happy now, for someone that has moderate cystic acne (not terrible, but when I do get cysts they are huge and v. painful). Thanks to DKR (my own products though) I can face my life, friends, and girlfriend much more confidently than I used to.

I've been on the regimen for over two years and it only took about a week for me to see signifigant clearing up. I have to note, though, that I had been using BP regularly for some time before I started the regimen, so my skin did not have an initial breakout or any redness or flakiness that using BP for the first time can do.

After about a year on it, it started to even out my skin tone and I'm very happy to report that the active acne is very much under control (the occasional whitehead). The only way you can really tell I have acne anymore is if I pick or if I wear a low cut shirt (I have chest acne, which I use the regimen on, but my chest acne is way more stubborn!)

Honestly, the only other skin care treatments I'm looking for anymore are something to take care of my chest acne and to minimize pores.

im about 3 months into it and right now i have one active pimple..its been going good so far but i still have spots left from old pimples and flakiness

I'm learning a lot QUICK:

From the first post I made the other day, I've had my breakout expand to new areas I rarely get acne (especially my cheek areas) and areas I previously hadn't. It's discouraging, but really thrilling to know that this is already working and bringing out the ugly. However..it's already drying it out, too. Really well. I had a bad inflammatory pimple pop up on my chin two days ago (the worst...) and it's almost gone already.

Color me impressed!

I also missed one application and noticed a difference in my face's progress. Learned my lesson? Yes.

I've been on the regimen for almost 3 years now and haven't been on these boards for about 2 years. You start taking the Regimen for granted once you've been on it it for a while and you're clear. You stop caring about your skin and might start skipping applications.. resulting in breakouts, which is also when you realize how thankful you really are for the regimen. The good thing is they don't affect you psychologically nearly to the extent that they did when you were an acne victim. I had moderate acne and even though my face is pretty clear now and was 100% clear before I switched to once a day applications.. I know the acne episode in my life isn't over because my chest definitely isn't clear. It took around 4 or 5 months or so for me to get the breakouts under complete control but a couple red marks from severe breakouts lingered all the way until about 1.5 years into the regimen; so thats to be expected. One day I woke up and realized the red marks are gone. I get the occasional whitehead under my nose and pustule on the side of my temple and a couple cysts on my neck which go away really quickly somehow without BP... and this is with only once a day applications. I'm going back to twice a a day applications to get to 100% clear again. :surprised: Keep on the regimen consistently and don't slack once you're 100% clear and over the 'happy about clear skin phase' because you will breakout again (minorly).

I've been on the regimen for almost 3 years now and haven't been on these boards for about 2 years. You start taking the Regimen for granted once you've been on it it for a while and you're clear. You stop caring about your skin and might start skipping applications.. resulting in breakouts, which is also when you realize how thankful you really are for the regimen. The good thing is they don't affect you psychologically nearly to the extent that they did when you were an acne victim. I had moderate acne and even though my face is pretty clear now and was 100% clear before I switched to once a day applications.. I know the acne episode in my life isn't over because my chest definitely isn't clear. It took around 4 or 5 months or so for me to get the breakouts under complete control but a couple red marks from severe breakouts lingered all the way until about 1.5 years into the regimen; so thats to be expected. One day I woke up and realized the red marks are gone. I get the occasional whitehead under my nose and pustule on the side of my temple and a couple cysts on my neck which go away really quickly somehow without BP... and this is with only once a day applications. I'm going back to twice a a day applications to get to 100% clear again. :surprised: Keep on the regimen consistently and don't slack once you're 100% clear and over the 'happy about clear skin phase' because you will breakout again (minorly).

Started the regimen in mid January of this year.

First week things really cleared up.

End of the second week I got a breakout that really got me down but after reading the timeline on here I realised that I needed to keep on.

By the end of the third week things had cleared up.

Since then I've only had two spots appear on my jawline which is where I suffered the worst from. However, these quickly disappeared and left hardly any red marks. I've still got red marks that are slowly fading from before I was on the regimen. Hopefully soon I will be clear.