Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
frankay

accutane for my super oily skin?

Where can i find this accutane and wat is it? Im hearing it performed miracles for people with greasy faces! My problem is that my face is very oily...my nose especially!!! really there is nothing i can do when it gets extremely oily during the day when im out and i dont think i can use anything to else to stop my face from getting oily other than this accutane that people are saying is so great! Will it be good for my oily ass nose/face??please help:/

Will the oil coming from my nose be gone when im finished with this accutane for good? anyone have similar exp?

Accutane makes your skin really really dry, but it's a last resort. There are side effects. The creator of this site did it when he was younger and it cleared him up but still to this day, years after the treatment, he suffers dry eyes, lips, and joint pain. Other side effects I've hears range from everything from balding to severe social anxiety.

I have super oily skin as well, or at least I use to, now it's only semi oily. I use to be a shiny mirror on sunny days, but now I'm not because I dramatically changed my diet to zero processed foods, sugars, preservatives, chemicals, or dairy.

But, you probably don't have to go that extreme.

One method that I've been thinking I might try myself is the "oil cleansing method". It's a natural way of cleaning your skin that uses oils such as extra virgin olive oil and grape seed oil to naturally flush out and clean your skin. It might sound silly for someone with oily skin, but oil it not what makes your skin oily, your skin makes your skin oily, that's the thing you need to tackle.

here's a forum post all about it, the writer of this post also had super oily skin before starting this method.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/The-OIL-C...ed-t141871.html

If your not looking to go that far, just practice good skin care. Only wash twice a day, don't use overly harsh face washes, and exercise regularly.

Accutane is used when nothing else works. The side effects are too great to use it just for oily skin. Many people experience oily skin. You are not alone. Try changing your skin care products.

are you female or male? if you're female, you can try spironolactone. it's a diuretic used to treat blood pressure but it targets androgens so my face actually became dry in a matter of weeks. if you're a male, this is not good for you as it will cause your testosterone levels to become extremely low. may cause man boobs.

in the meantime, purchase some oil blotting papers.