Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ped

People who used Differin

Okay, im new here and i read a lot of succesfull stories and thats good, but mine isn't going that well.

Well, sorry if its a long story or whatever if you can just bare with me i'd appreciate it.

I used to work at a fast food resturant, in the kitchen. I KNOW thats how i got acne, before working there i NEVER had acne, now i have somewhat moderate acne.

My dermatologist put me on Differin, and its about 1 month and 4 days into the treatment and all the pimples on my cheeks my chin are gone, all i have are blemishes (red marks) but my forehead is trying to get rid of the pimples and on my temples the pimples are dieing out aswell.

He also perscribed me pills to take they are Minocyline or something its an anti biotic i think

All i do is wash my face 2-3 times a day.

this is my regimen

Wake up wash my face with Neutrogena Oil-Free acne wash

around 5 i get home from school and i wash it again with Neutrogena Oil-Free acne wash

around night time i take a shower and use Neutrogena Oil-Free acne wash

I apply differin on my face

and i drink the pill.

i do this every day.

About 75% of my pimples are gone but i still have the red marks on my cheeks and on my forehead.

Does anyone know or recommend anything else i can buy or do to get rid of the red marks faster?

also, can anyone recommend putting something on in the morning after i wash my face, since i don't really put anything on my face till the night...

I'd appreciate it very much and i will pass it on to anyone else.

Thanks.

Check out the red marks board. There are tons of threads there; a common product is glycolic acid cleanser or toner.
Check out the red marks board. There are tons of threads there; a common product is glycolic acid cleanser or toner.

But like i stated im 1 month and 4 days into my treatment, should i start thinking about this stuff now or wait till my 3 month treatment is done.

I still have to wait till next month to visit the dermatologist again but i'd like to have a couple of opinions.

thanks, i skimmed through it earlier.

But like i stated im 1 month and 4 days into my treatment, should i start thinking about this stuff now or wait till my 3 month treatment is done.

I still have to wait till next month to visit the dermatologist again but i'd like to have a couple of opinions.

Depends on your skin. If you have tough skin that can take acids and peels without irritation I say go for it. Either way most products on that redmark forum hardly do a thing in my honest opinion. Time is the only thing that have made my redmarks go away.

Depends on your skin. If you have tough skin that can take acids and peels without irritation I say go for it. Either way most products on that redmark forum hardly do a thing in my honest opinion. Time is the only thing that have made my redmarks go away.

That's good stuff, just make sure you stick with your regimen. Don't get lazy when you think you're "clear", my brother made that mistake and tried to re-use Differin and his breakouts are INSANELY out of control. He has a humungous zit on his cheek right now that makes me want to cry when I look at him. Just don't let up on it :D .

I would recommend that you stick with the Differin, as it should help with red marks in the long run. Red marks take a LONG time to go away, no matter what you use. Differin is great for red marks.

As for your regimen, I think washing with an "acne wash" (assuming that means it's medicated) three times a day seems like too much. At least for your mid-day wash, I'd switch to a mild/gentle cleanser like Cetaphil, something with no acne medication in it. Give your skin a break!!!

I would recommend that you stick with the Differin, as it should help with red marks in the long run. Red marks take a LONG time to go away, no matter what you use. Differin is great for red marks.

As for your regimen, I think washing with an "acne wash" (assuming that means it's medicated) three times a day seems like too much. At least for your mid-day wash, I'd switch to a mild/gentle cleanser like Cetaphil, something with no acne medication in it. Give your skin a break!!!

so what your saying is that i should use cetaphil in mid day but keep using my acne wash right?

OMGosh Im using both differin and glycolic acid. NOticed on that link you cant use GA, BP or SA??

Is anyone else using this combination of differin and glycolic acid?

im using glycolic acid with differin and the antibotic, my doctor said it was okay. Now im just wondering :(

I think it depends on your skin and how sensitive it is. Differin can be very irritating just by itself and then to add glycolic is too much for some people. If your skin can handle both, it is okay. I think the key is that you don't mix the two products. So, use glycolic in the morning and differin at night, but never both together...

I think it depends on your skin and how sensitive it is. Differin can be very irritating just by itself and then to add glycolic is too much for some people. If your skin can handle both, it is okay. I think the key is that you don't mix the two products. So, use glycolic in the morning and differin at night, but never both together...

Yip I use both but never together.

I get irritation from the glycolic acid only and from the moment I apply for about 30seconds or so?

People have issues with getting dry skin using these products. My skin is so oily im only wishing for that flaky dry skin that I hear some talking about??

Yip I use both but never together.

I get irritation from the glycolic acid only and from the moment I apply for about 30seconds or so?

People have issues with getting dry skin using these products. My skin is so oily im only wishing for that flaky dry skin that I hear some talking about??

You an use benzyl peroxidde and differin together...

I use differin only on a night, as maintenance after having to come off accutane, its doing a great job at keeping me clear,

but i miss a day every now and then to help my skin instead of harsh chemicals all the time, bad idea u think? i only miss 1 day every week or so

xxx

Things are going great, i just need to find out something that will take off the redness with out making me break out :(

any ideas?

plus i don't want to buy something and my derma will be like no don't use that or something :(