Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nessy

Acne Free in 3 days! ANYONE tried it?

Gamer.

I got the toner and the wrinkle raider cream you were talking about. What kind of supplement should I be taking. I hear ALA and DMAE pills are good to take. If so, Where can I buy them? Cheaper the better.

thanks

I have wheat bread listed as a 68 on the glycemic index, as opposed to white bread which is listed as a 70, and rye as a 64.

Anything you eat that has a GI above a 50 is just asking for trouble, so eat it only in small portions and dont make it a staple of your diet. However OBVIOUSLY some bread isnt going to hurt you. You can have high GI foods, but not too much and dont let it become your main diet. The less high GI you eat, the better for you and your skin.

Yet, almost all the milk i've found on glycemic index lists are below 40. Cereals on the other hand all seem to have very high GI values.

Cereals...bad...except for oatmeal and a few exceptions. Dairy is bad. If you stop consuming dairy your acne clears up faster. It has to do with something different than the GI thing. Dairy has cow hormones that are known to provoke acne by raising hormone levels and creating inflammation. I just avoid milk, and dairy. I dont even miss it, almond milk is better.

According to this list they are only a 56. Not so bad, especially if you only eat a single banana.

http://www.diabetesnet.com/diabetes_food_d...cemic_index.php

Right, having one banana every few days wont kill ur progress lol. Like i said, the more you avoid foods above 50 on the GI, the better. But in sparity, you can eat whatever you want without too much effect

Gamer.

I got the toner and the wrinkle raider cream you were talking about.  What kind of supplement should I be taking.  I hear ALA and DMAE pills are good to take.  If so, Where can I buy them?  Cheaper the better.

thanks

Dairy is bad. If you stop consuming dairy your acne clears up faster. It has to do with something different than the GI thing. Dairy has cow hormones that are known to provoke acne by raising hormone levels and creating inflammation. I just avoid milk, and dairy. I dont even miss it, almond milk is better.

Also, be sure to get the vitamins (dmae, ala, c-ester pills especially, and maybe a few others if you wish).

I was wondering what kind of vitamins you consume? Where can I get it? Your help is greatly appreciated. thanks

All right, I finally got the book in today. I'm starting up on the three day diet plan. Already had the dinner. Not a bad diet if I can get used to the salmon. I never eat fish. I shall persevere. Thanks for sticking around and helping all of us out Gamer. Real nice of you =)

Also' date=' be sure to get the vitamins (dmae, ala, c-ester pills especially, and maybe a few others if you wish).

I was wondering what kind of vitamins you consume? Where can I get it? Your help is greatly appreciated. thanks[/quote']

Basically, I take Vitamin A (8000 i.u twice a day), Ester-c (vitamin C Ester form) 500 mg pills maybe 3-4 grams a day, i will get my dmae, ala pills tomorrow and start taking those, i take a grapeseed extract 50mg twice a day, flax oil 1-2 times a day.

There is also a post early on in this thread where gamer lists like all of teh good vitamins to take, so his list is more complete than mine, try and find it.

2SG

has anyone found cheap DMAE pills in a store? i called Central Market today and they said it was $27 per bottle. but i looked online and they were selling the exact same thing for 5 bucks!

What if i drink non-hormonal milk? Milk w/no hormones added or antibiotics, will this help? or should i completely avoid milk? i love milk:( i wanna see what this almond milk stuff tastes like though. yum! also, is all cereal bad? i eat honey nut clusters every morn for breakfast ](*,)

What if i drink non-hormonal milk? Milk w/no hormones added or antibiotics, will this help? or should i completely avoid milk? i love milk:( i wanna see what this almond milk stuff tastes like though. yum! also, is all cereal bad? i eat honey nut clusters every morn for breakfast ](*,)

Yea, but think about it. Animal hormones? Can those actually not be bad for Humans? And what about the ones that have both, animal and synthetic..that has to be bad....

Eww....i used to drink milk, but i stopped about 2 years ago. It's a pretty gross fluid once you think about it. (I mean, it has to be homogenized to reduce the fat particles to merely nothing and pasteurized to kill bacteria.)

I say if you can greatly reduce your milk intake without quitting altogether (if thats what you want to do) then try that. If your worried about calcium, take supplements. You will get more of what you need from supplements anyway.

2SG

haha, ok i am sorry for not being clear enough for you all.

I wouldnt even drink milk if it was neutral for acne. Almond milk tastes better, (its delicious), its healthier, it has good fats, and its a good anti-inflammatory. Nuts in general are great! Nuts with no oils and shit (raw nuts), are very good for general health and also for clear skin.

I love almond milk. I would never go back to regular milk anyways. I never really liked yogurt. The only thing I am really giving up is cheese....and I honestly dont miss it. I am happy with my diet. I dont miss milk at all. The whole debate about if milk is bad is useless to me.

Malia, perricone doesnt mention niacimanide specifically, but remember that he encourages the use of any anti-inflammatories. Although, I dont see the need, just the two topicals I use did the trick wink.gif

CBurns, you know that meats and stuff (with no synthetic hormones), do not have animal hormones (at least not in amounts large enough to affect a person). Milk however is what is used to feed BABY CALFS. Its like giving a cow the milk of my mom when i was breastfeeding. You are drinking the milk used to feed baby calfs. It is filled with cow hormones needed for cow development. Eeek, ill stay away from it, plus almond milk tastes better. Now a hard decision for me at all.

Well, i now have my toner, cream, and dmae/ala/ester c pills. Im excited to finally have them all so i can bombard my skin with healthy elements wink.gif...

Boy: I bought the wrinkle raiders cream and pills (which is what gamer uses), so i hope they are good ( im sure they are).

2SG

Well, i now have my toner, cream, and dmae/ala/ester c pills. Im excited to finally have them all so i can bombard my skin with health elements wink.gif...

Boy: I bought the wrinkle raiders cream and pills (which is what gamer uses), so i hope they are good ( im sure they are).

2SG

if anyone who's using the cream that gamer's using could check their ingredients...do you have vit A (or retinyl palmitate, or retinol) in it?

the Reviva one says "USE AT NIGHT" and i didn't figure out that it was because it has Vit A in it until too late. i've been using it during the day since my skin is super dry but i'm afraid it might have a bad reaction to the Vit A during the day.

crap...this might mean i have spend another 20-30 bucks on a different cream. sad.gif

What does vitamin A have to do with anything?

and to answer your question, yes gamers cream has vit a in it.

2SG

if anyone who's using the cream that gamer's using could check their ingredients...do you have vit A (or retinyl palmitate, or retinol) in it?  

the Reviva one says \"USE AT NIGHT\" and i didn't figure out that it was because it has Vit A in it until too late.  i've been using it during the day since my skin is super dry but i'm afraid it might have a bad reaction to the Vit A during the day.

crap...this might mean i have spend another 20-30 bucks on a different cream. sad.gif

hmm gamer....are you talking about the wrinkle raiders? Cause if so it says plain as day that there is vitamin A in it...?

2SG