Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nessy

Acne Free in 3 days! ANYONE tried it?

I got all the products that x-gamer recommends. I got them quick cause I paid for 2nd day shipping. My acne budget is pretty much a blank check =)

you've never been on accutane? it seemed to be the magic bullet for some but i've been on it 3 times and each time all the acne came back in a month. did you just never wanted to be on it or was your acne never bad enough for it?

I never wanted to risk it with accutane

i never meant to imply that everyone should be a vegetarian. (veganism is different from being a vegetarian, by the way). you CAN be healthy as a vegetarian or a vegan. just make sure you get enough protein intake from non-meat sources. but i just meant that it was the easiest for me since i just ate from a salad bar...a no brainer...no juices, no bread, no pasta. if someone's looking for a place to start...start there. yeah fruit juices are the worst. its like a lazy man's way of getting vitamins but companies just fill it with tons of sugar instead. most fruits aren't THAT sweet.

Oh, then good point. I guess a vegetarian might be a good place to start. Thanks for the suggestions

you said to just use the 3-tiered system without anything else...i am just not comfortable giving up the retin-a right now since i've been on it for only about 6 weeks. and the cream...i'm terrified of using creams because ANYTHING i put on my face gives me whiteheads.

Ok, then stick with the Retin A if its working for you. If it stops working then try this method WITH THE CREAM. Its essential to have a ALA cream. Skipping it is a no no. Wait until you are ready to use the cream before you do this treatement

are you less oily mostly from the toner you think?

Its a combination of diet, supplements, and topicals, I dont know which ones helped more or less, i do it all together.

The brand is just from Puritans Pride, its called "Wrinkle Raiders" (yes the name is weird for acne, but it works)

hey guys,

i found the puritan's pride creme on vitamins.com. now it says its $8.99 per bottle.

http://www.vitamins.com/pages/Categories.a...2B1F5002&CID=18

BUT if you go to the link Gamer gave it's $29.99 for 3 bottles.

add shipping and handling it may be a bit cheaper to go for the $29.99. except if you don't want to spend $30 bucks right away i'd go for the $8.99 first to see how you like it.

Hi Gamer

Thanks for all the info on GI books - definitely going to get one of those.

Just wanted to ask - and I know I'm being stupid as you must have mentioned it somewhere in this post, but I can't find it - what is the name of the cream you use? Presumably it's a DMAE/ALA/C Ester cream, as recommended by perricone, but is there a particular brand you recommend?

Thanks

KT- I asked the puritan's pride people for the label ingredients, and it sounds like its made from reviva labs.

personally, these 2 look good to me, but reviva is fine too:

http://www.smartbomb.com/sn1594.html

http://www.2000vitamins.com/cgi-bin/search...&action=display

and the 2nd link i gave you would be great to use during the day time, as it uses few ingredients which gives you freedom to add a moisturizer/sunscreen overtop.

yes please keep us updated if anyone's trying this!

gamer:

is the cream you use pretty thick? i know it's a "cream" but some are pretty greasy.

I started a log of this regimen in the personal log forum. Check it out. It's called "Dr Perricone Method Log"

Oh yeah Gamer, I have to shave everyday for work, so I can't shave just once a week. Oh well, I don't think it will be too big of a deal.

Phooqoo - thanks for the info on creams. One looks great, but I can't open the link to the '2000 vitamins' one...

XGamer - thank you so much for all the info you've given us all. I've started taking the supplements and am going to try a cream, so we'll see..

Just wanted to ask, and this may seem a bit cynical, but I see from your regimen that you also use cetaphil as a cleanser. Did you start the cetaphil at the same time as the rest or had you already been using it?

It's just that i'm wondering whether the improvement in your acne may have actually been down to the cetaphil... I know this is a bit provocative, and you'll probably get fired up, lol, but I started using just cetaphil about 3 weeks ago and my (bad!) acne cleared up in about 3 days and has been gone ever since. Is it possible that it was the cetaphil that cleared you and not the diet?...

(whew! finally read through this whole thread. good stuff!)

I'll chime in with my two cents on the last post. I've heard around the boards of people just doing the cetaphil thing and improving their acne, but I can't help but think that Gamer's got so many other things he's doing that they must have an effect as well...

I also want to say that I was checking on your products Gamer and the toner you recommend contains SD ALCOHOL 40, which is very irritating to the skin (I think it's a 5 on the list). Again, for some people it works, for some it might irritate. just thought I'd give a head's up.

I've looked into all the ingredients of all the suggestions for creams and toners on this thread, and the best toner (ingredients-wise) looks like the wrinkle serum at this website:

http://www.2000vitamins.com/cgi-bin/search...&action=display

As far as a cream goes, I think for ingredients purposes, the best one I've found hasn't been suggested on this thread yet. It's Pure Deming's intense gel, at this website:

http://puredeming.com/products/

I've read a lot about that intense gel on some other threads and people are very enthusiastic about it, so I thought I'd post it here.

But, I think the intense gel you're only supposed to leave it on for like 30-45 minutes as a mask and wash it off because its very strong. I think a good cream for this regimen would be one that you leave on pretty much the whole day, and it moisturizes a bit too.

ok, i just bought the ALA supps, the Reviva cream, and along with all the other vitamins i have i'm ready to start. i can't find DMAE supplements anywhere in the local stores so i'll have to make a trip to some health food store.

i also spent a couple hours at Barnes&Noble reading Dr. Perricone's book. he said that Glucothionate worked really well when applied topically (though you cant' take it orally because i'ts digested to an inactive form). does anyone know where to find Glucothionate as a topical? he has it in his product line in a toner but all his products are pretty pricey. he's a great business man...he has tons of products to sell.

you can take n-acetyl cysteine to help your body make use of the glucothionate it makes in your body. how much? i didn't see it in his book.

he does, however, still prescribe the use of retinoids (retin-a, etc.), BP, and even Accutane to his patients. he gives a modified 3-tiered (or 2-tiered or 1-tiered) program to each patient, taking into account lifestyle, ethnicity, age, etc. too bad we're not all lucky enough to be able to visit him for a personalized prescription. i think i'll keep using Retin-A micro with this regimen and alternate the cream with it every other night.

his recipes include a ton of salmon because it has high levels of DMAE. a few servings a day. salmon is a bit too much for me to afford for such a long time but i found Salmon Oil supplements...except it doesn't list DMAE as an ingredient. SO i think i'll just use these as fish oils and look for more DMAE pills...AAAGH!! this better work after all my running around looking for stuff.

Owl:

thanks for the link to the intense gel. it might be good if you have oily skin. if you try it let me know since i just spend $24 on my cream.

is there a difference between a the serum and the toner? isn't serum just a like a moisturizer and doesn't "tone" your skin?

oh, and bananas are a high glycemic food. i'm very sad because that's my fav snack: bananas w/peanut butter. #-o

He probably still prescribes retinoids and such because 99% of people wouldn't be willing to change their diet and cut out sweets and such.

All this stuff about the glycemic index is confusing, to say the least. First of all, not many foods have been tested, and some that have can show large variances in GI for no apperant reason. For example, i looked up carrots, and one entry rated them at 91, while another rated them at 16. Furthermore, i wonder if the glycemic load of a food is also relavent to whether or not it will cause an inflamatory response. This is taken from glycemicindex.com:

Q: What is the difference between glycemic index (GI) and glycemic load (GL)?

A: The GI describes the type of carbohydrate in foods and its potential to raise blood glucose levels. Our actual blood glucose levels are determined by both the quality, or GI, of the carbohydrate and the quantity of carbohydrate. We can predict the effect of a food on our blood glucose level by calculating the glycemic load which is the GI x the amount of carbohydrate, divided by 100. Teaspoon of jam (GI = 51): (51 x 5 grams carb) / 100 = 2.5

Q: Does the GI increase with serving size? If I eat twice as much, does the GI double?

A: The GI always remains the same, even if you double the amount of carbohydrate in your meal. This is because the GI is a relative ranking of foods containing the "same amount" of carbohydrate. But if you double the amount of food you eat, you should expect to see a higher blood glucose response - ie, your glucose levels will reach a higher peak and take longer to return to baseline compared with a normal serve.

Q: Some vegetables appear to have a high GI. Does this mean a person with diabetes should avoid eating them?

A: Definitely not, because, unlike potatoes and cereal products, these vegetables are very low in carbohydrate. So, despite their high GI, their glycemic load (GI x carb per serve divided by 100) is low. Vegetables contain only small amounts of carbohydrate but loads of micronutrients and should be considered as "free foods". Eat them all you like!

Also, Dr. Perricone recommends to stay away from pasta, yet there is this:

Q: Why does pasta have a low GI?

A: Pasta has a low GI because of the physical entrapment of ungelatinised starch granules in a sponge-like network of protein (gluten) molecules in the pasta dough. Pasta is unique in this regard. As a result, pastas of any shape and size have a fairly low GI (30 to 60). Asian noodles such as hokkein, udon and rice vermicelli also have low to intermediate GI values.

Gamer, my wrinkle raiders cream came in today, and I should be getting my dmae and ala pills tomorrow.

I have a quick question. First, you only use the toner once a day? Why don't you use it in the morning and then at night before the cream? Also, i remember reading that you use a "liberal" amount of cream. ON the package it says to use a light amount, so is more like you are using ok?

also, do you actually apply the cream with upward strokes like ive read?

Thanks, 2SG

I have a few new pimples on my left cheek. like 3, about. its rly annoying. xgamer, im startin this regimine tomorrow. i allready eat pretty well, and will start to eat accordin to the glycemic index as well. but... will my current acne go away ? or is this just gonna prevent new acne? also, i have a few marks. how long til urs went away? thanks alot !

I have a few new pimples on my left cheek. like 3, about. its rly annoying. xgamer, im startin this regimine tomorrow. i allready eat pretty well, and will start to eat accordin to the glycemic index as well. but... will my current acne go away ? or is this just gonna prevent new acne? also, i have a few marks. how long til urs went away? thanks alot !

Well Boy, according to my knowledge on this subject now, your pimples will go away. But, thats basically as given since everyones pimples go away sometime.

Also, be sure to get the vitamins (dmae, ala, c-ester pills especially, and maybe a few others if you wish).

2SG

p.s. Please delete your 2nd post of the same thing if you dont mind, or can you? i forget..

Brace yourself, I am about to reply to all the questions asked, and theres a lot.

Just wanted to ask, and this may seem a bit cynical, but I see from your regimen that you also use cetaphil as a cleanser. Did you start the cetaphil at the same time as the rest or had you already been using it?

It's just that i'm wondering whether the improvement in your acne may have actually been down to the cetaphil... I know this is a bit provocative, and you'll probably get fired up, lol, but I started using just cetaphil about 3 weeks ago and my (bad!) acne cleared up in about 3 days and has been gone ever since. Is it possible that it was the cetaphil that cleared you and not the diet?...

Ha, well interesting hypothesis. rest assured, I was using this without cetaphil for a long time and it still worked great. I am only using cetaphil now after my face is already clear. It wasnt the cetaphil...wink.gif but I dont you asking.

also want to say that I was checking on your products Gamer and the toner you recommend contains SD ALCOHOL 40, which is very irritating to the skin (I think it's a 5 on the list). Again, for some people it works, for some it might irritate. just thought I'd give a head's up.

Interesting, of course, my skin is 100% clear and i have been using that toner for 2 months. 6 of my friends (the ones who i helped) also have used the toner. None of them have complained wink.gif

But, I think the intense gel you're only supposed to leave it on for like 30-45 minutes as a mask and wash it off because its very strong. I think a good cream for this regimen would be one that you leave on pretty much the whole day, and it moisturizes a bit too.

The best cream for this regimen is one that you can leave on at night. If you can leave it on all night, thats a good thing. If you want to leave it on during the day, thats cool. The cream absorbs super fast.

I have a quick question. First, you only use the toner once a day? Why don't you use it in the morning and then at night before the cream? Also, i remember reading that you use a "liberal" amount of cream. ON the package it says to use a light amount, so is more like you are using ok?

also, do you actually apply the cream with upward strokes like ive read?

I apply the toner once a day now. At the start of this regimen, I applied it twice a day. I applied it twice a day until my face was pretty clear and then I moved down to one. Using it once in the morning and then at night is what I used to do, but be warned the toner makes your skin shine if you use too much of it. So in the morning, be very light.

Look, I apply a generous helping of cream to my face every night. Is that what I am "supposed" to do? Well, I have the clearest skin I have ever had in my life (since 11). I would say I did it right. Apply it liberally, it works better that way.

will my current acne go away ? or is this just gonna prevent new acne? also, i have a few marks. how long til urs went away? thanks alot !

The cream and toner work on your current acne by removing the inflammation that allows them to exist and caused them in the first place. This excels the healing of current acne. This regimen stops breakouts and speeds healing of existing acne. My marks went away fairly fast, I do not remember exactly.

This is important. I am fearful of hearing people whine at me far too early about this program not working. I can tell you right now that it has worked for me and all the friends I have told it to. I am working with one guy right now who it seems to be taking longer to work for. It is still working, but he must be patient because he is too lazy to change his diet all the way.

I want everyone to realize that if you have been putting topicals on your face (like Botchla's regimen or dans regimen), it throws your face out of whack. It make take time for your face to stabalize before the treatment starts working to its full effect. Please, this takes time, its a lifestyle. I love this regimen, but I almost gave it up once because I thought i was breaking out from it. This was from the previous bombardment of my face with SA and BP. Once my face healed, the results were amazing. Keep this in mind.

Also keep in mind, if it isnt working, ask yourself if you are doing anything that causes large amounts of inflammation. Rubbing your face, itching it, eating large amounts of high GI foods. There is probably a reason it isnt working. If you are only doing 2 out of the three tiers, expect slower results. As I said, you get out of this what you put into it.

i eat cereal every morning and a sandwich at school everyday. cereal with almond milk? :-s  wheat bread wont b too bad =P~

Diet.....the sad thing is that Breads (white enriched) are one of THE worst thing you can eat when it comes to acne. Make sure to do your best to avoid breads (white enriched especially), avoid dairy (cheese, milk, its all crap), and avoid things made with high amounts of sugar. Nuts, Low fat meat, Barley, Vegetables, Fruits, etc should be the mainstay of your diet. If your diet consists of lots of bread, the fact is the blood sugar levels will fluctuate A LOT. and this counteracts progress. So I dont know how itlll work out. I dont eat any bread or rice or pasta, but thats just me since I didnt even like it in the first place.