Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nessy

Acne Free in 3 days! ANYONE tried it?

I just found this website and read through this post, and WOW, what a bunch of usefull info. To help you guys out with the vitamins I saw alot of links to puritans, well if you uses this link, http://www.puritancatalog.com same site but ALL products are 70% OFF instead of the buy one get 2 free from the other site. Also you only have to spend $50 to get free shipping. PLUS for the real cheap,you know who you are smile.gif COUPONS!

$10 off $50, use catalog# for coupon code "745 AB" (the space is in the code, don't know if you'll need it) or use code EOX7HU for 10% off and a FREE Bottle of Vitamin E-400 iu.

hope this helps you out.

I have little bumps too, they are colored like zits but i know they aren't zits, they are near my sideburns and the area of the cheeks near there. I was kinda thinking it was rosacea? But now I am not sure, what do you guys think? They come and go and sorta feel itchy and scaly, kinda like a rash with lots of small bumps. Then, I also get COLORLESS bumps on my forehead anytime i don't exfoliate. This used to never happen to me, but now it seems they are always there unless i put on differin or something. All of these problems seem to be linked to when I stopped using Eucerin Renewal (an AHA). HEEELP!! do I have rosacea? I hope not, cuz i heard that NEVER goes away for the rest of your life.

Zap:

I know how you feel.  I often stay in my apartment and dont go out for days.  I stayed in this entire past weekend because my face was broken out.  I think i know what bumps you are talking about.  I think i have them too.  Some are really small and look like blackheads (mostly around my mouth, where my acne is the worst) and some you can only see when i stretch my skin (which are bigger).

I'm afraid i don't know how to get rid of them.  I think i got them after I was on dan's regimen (that bp dried the SHIT out of my face).  I wish i could say that Dr. perricon's regimen is working for me, but it doesn't seem to be either.  ive had some really bad breakouts in the past month ive been on it.  I have a theory that cetaphil was breaking me out though, so now i have to wait another week or so to see if i improve. If i dont, then im out of luck.

I ordered pantethine (read up on it if you havent) to help combat my acne problem.  After reading numerous things about it, my hopes are high.  I get it tomorrow and will start out at 900 mg to try and kick it in, then i will go down to 600 mg after 3 days or so. 

The problem is, I think the slightest thing can aggravate acne.  LIke, I'm taking Zinc, vitamin A, dmae/ala/ester-c, msm, flaxseed oil, and garlic pills, but still im breaking out.  If my theory is right, and it was the cetaphil, that just proves that even a wash can be very harming though im taking all these vitamins and eating right (low glycemic only).

Sorry, for the long post.  I'll keep you updated on my perricone regimen condition, as well as if the pantethine helps (won't know for at least 2 weeks.)

2SG

Hey guys if you don't already know i have recently went on the Perricone regimen. It hasn't been to long so i don't want to say to much about it. Shyguy how long have you been on it? (Probably more then me) I've been off BP for almost 2 weeks. I started off on just the vitamins/night cream because that's all i had. I then started the toner(Perricone's) last Saturday. By the way you can get the toner from this woman(ebay seller i think) that is cheaper then periccone's site. I think it was 25 bucks on her site. I'll find the link if anyone wants it. Now like i said earlier the diet part I was most afraid of because i knew it would be hardest as it is for any of us. I mean i don't eat "bad" or loads of junkfood but it is still rough. Anyhow i've trying to eat better/lower GI foods and it's at least partially successful. I can't say i'm on the full blown diet but I am eating better and trying to watch myself. I had a lot of fish this week/salmon!! I was on vacation so i had some desserts which don't help but what can ya do.You can't say no to Dairy Queen! Although. ice cream isn't to bad. I've nailed breakfast down w/ fashioned oatmeal and an omelette which is easy. The rest of the day i just eats snacks like fruit or yogurt. The hard part is always dinner lol. Well i know i've rambling and I haven't really dove into the whole eating thing that much. I guess this diet is similiar to atkins right? I mean they both are aiming for the same thing. Anything with the Atkins name you should be able to eat because it'll have low carbs. If anyone likes chips you could try soy chips which are healthy and don't have to many carbs. Anyhow vacation is almost over and i gotta go back to college which is going to be difficult for the diet. I tried to eat lots of good stuff before I go back for another month. I gotta say that I think this regimen will work for people who don't have severe acne. Some acne did surface for me after starting the toner but not a lot. It may be because of the BP I don't know. If your worried about the toner being oily it's really not to bad. Besides your nose which is the oilest part of your face (right?) the rest of the face really doesn't get oily from this toner. Like i said it, leaves you a little oily depending on how much you use. Like gamer said after 3 days you can def see a difference with the toner. So as of now i'm going to stick to this regimen because it doesn't seem to be hurting me and it seems to be helping. I think one of the main things here is that this may take longer to heal the acne, because it's doing it naturally. I'm not going to do a daily log which i feel isn't as accurate as one might think. I'll leave posts about my success rate periodically and talk more about it after a month or so on it. To summarize I have no complaints w/ this regimen and look forward to seeing more results. So far so good!

Well, I've been on this for nearly a month now. Progress continues with wonderful alacrity.

I use the DermAlive toner, Wrinkle Raiders Cream, GNC Ultra Mega Green multi-vitamins, and the Wrinkle Raiders ALA &c. pills.

Before starting, I was experiencing some backlash from The Regimen, but my acne was otherwise mild with scarring and a lot o redness.

My skin is looking the best it has since 8th grade now. The scarring as of today is very very light, I've had maybe three pimples in two weeks. This is really fantastic.

One thing worth noting, my skin could probably be even clearer by now if not four a couple of factors.

First, I follow the diet rather poorly. I'm a vegetarian and eat pretty well, but I've been on the Cadbury Egg kick for the past couple weeks and have a bad habit of eating candybars for breakfast at work. Monday monrings work feeds us workers and I usually eat a couple bagels, and it's not at all uncommon for me to come home from work a few hours later and eat a few bowls of cereal or a big bowl of pasta. But I've made a couple of small improvements in my diet anyhow.

Also, the weekends always get pretty wild. So the topical regemin slackens quite a bit and by Sunday my acne is worsening a little. But when I get back on track Sunday night things just keep getting better.

I'll probably not worry much about the diet, aside from kicking the daily candybars, and fix this too-drunk-or-passed-out-to-apply-topicals problem and see even faster clearing. But even witht hose problems this is working raelly really well!

Thanks for all the information you've been patient and willing enough to post for us Gamer. I think you are helping quite a few of us.

Hello all, I'm new to the forum, started actively reading it today. Since there are multiple active threads about this topic I would't know where to post exactly, but this seemed like the most active one.

There are a few things I need to say. Let's start with some questions.

After reading the thread I feel like opinions about this regime differ. Now I'm not saying anything about wheter or not it works for all people, the tip probably hasn't been around long enough to judge fairly. But I was wondering, does everyone who claims to have followed the regime, actually was strict on the diet part ??

For instance, what's the deal with coffee? 'Cuase I'm pretty sure my life wouldn't be much better without it :-s and I wouldn't know anyone in college who could just give up this (and probably some other eating habits) all at once.

Next, there's alcohol? That hasn't come up in this thread yet. Though the answer would probably be that it's toxic on itself, so 'obviously' it's strictly forbidden.

It's not that I overconsume these producs or anything, actually I always try to eat as healthy as possible (in the 'general' sense of the word, I had no idea of the GI values) and drink lots of water. However I always have had the impression that peanuts were bad for me, and now they are praised for their GI. I eat hardly any snacks or sweets, on the other hand I do eat normal amounts of cereal and bread. I could take it easy there and see if it has any effect, but I already know that I would never be able to follow such a strict diet.

The reason I was wondering; I have been on pantothenic acid for over 3 months now, and it has had it's effect, only not as much as I had hoped. Real breakouts have stopped, but occasionally a couple of whiteheads appear in the area around my mouth. This sounds 'good', but my face still doesn't look good because of all the red spots left from former acne. This doesn't seem to go away very fast. Besides it doesn't seem to have very much effect on the acne on my back. Now I'm out of B5 again, but I was thinking about ordering pantethine this time, to give it a try. Does this fit in/are other people using pantethine/pantothenic acid while following this regime?

And, also very important: Does anyone know a webstore that sells ALL, or at least multiple essentials? Since I live in Europe ordering is quite the issue, I rather wouldn't have to spend $30 on shipping for every jar needed.

Last but not least, some advice. Maybe it's a good idea to add SPORTS to the regiment ? This might sound cheap, but it really does make you feel healthier, and when you feel better it wíll be visible on the outside.

I haven't done sports (windsurfing) for the last couple of months due to serious injury, and let's just say it hasn't had the best influence on my skin. I would really advice every everony, since they are trying to live as healthy as possible, work out! Even if it's just some jogging, it'll help over the course of time.

I swim all the time exocet. To tell you the truth i don't know if anyone has taken the diet "very" strictly except for gamer? Just because a food is low in GI doesn't necessarily mean it's great for you. Or vice a versa. I'm not dissing this diet plan but i think it should not be done for a long period of time. This diet is a similiar variant so to speak of Atkins which should not be done long term. You could try this regimen and continue to use B5 i think or is that prohibited? I would ask gamer i don't remember. As far as alcohol a little alcohol never hurts. Besides if your heavily into drinking then just buy Light Beer(aka low carb beer) You could also start drinking tee which is good for you and try to lower the coffee. I'm also in college so I know certain things will be difficult. I'm sure you may not be as successful w/ the diet in college but you can certainly work around that.(Same for me) I think someone asked gamer if he still follows this regimen strictly since he has cleared up. I'm curious as well....

I think one pill of one a day has all the vitamins/minerals that you need to fight inflamation.

what do you think, gamer?

4 Steps to Fight Inflammation

October 2003

Here are some steps experts urge you to take now:

• Eat at least three servings weekly of foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids, including fish (especially salmon, tuna, trout, mackerel, herring or sardines) and flaxseed (available at health food stores and some drug stores).

• Brush your teeth thoroughly, and get dental checkups two to four times a year. Regular plaque removal may lower the risk of heart disease.

• Lose excess weight. Fat cells in the belly stimulate CRP levels.

• Exercise. Lift weights to preserve muscle and function. And, under a doctor's guidance, walk, swim or bike at least 30 minutes on most days.

http://www.aarp.org/bulletin/yourhealth/Ar...-15-4steps.html

wow so im guessin everyone gave up? this stuff seemed pretty promising to me. HAS ANYONE here actually done all 3 tiers and seen the success of xgamer? ive been doin the cream, and wanna start supplements and such and going all out on the diet. BUT im not gonna waiste my money on pills and starve if noone has seen it work with such drastic results of that seen in xgamer.

Sad that others on this board have not been able to see the success that I have seen. It is a shame that so many people have to treat acne is so many different ways. What works for me and many that I know clearly does not work for everyone.

im still on this.. but as a junior(hs) .. and not having a work, i couldnt afford to pay for the multivits.. i hope it doesnt make big changes..

ive seen somewhat improvements overall..

my face looks alot more..mm.. whatshould i say.. clearer?.. softer?.. a little cleaner..

im still getting a few whiteheads here and there.. but with my mild-persistent acne.. ill see how it goes.. i been on it for almost one week so far.

so far , so good

to gamer: on one of those posts.. you said you wanted to take .. PANTENINE?.. or something like that with the vit. suppliments you are taking right now..

why do you want to take that immature(if thats the word) form of B5?..

if you decide to take it and it does give some help..

can you post what i would need to take including the pantenine(?B5?)

:edit:

the multivitamins.. could i take Centrum?.. i was wondering.. since its a multivitamin too 8-[ but.. any suggestions for those multivits! would be appreciated guys.. thankya

If you can afford the regimen I origianlly discussed, then patethine isnt needed. I got clear without patethine, B5, or acneva. I got clear following the Perricone Regimen that I described earlier.

The reason I wanted to use pantethine was to see if that could keep my acne away and allow me to save money (by letting me slack off on topicals, and diet).

I'm still doing the Perricone regimen. Can't say anything bad about it. I do all 3 tiers but the diet is the hardest(slacks a little) I've only been off BP for a few weeks at most so I think it needs more time like gamer said. The topical/toner are working good. When may comes around we'll see where i'm at with the regimen as it will be a good time to judge. I would still tell everyone to try it as well because the topicals fight acne but are not harsh like BP.

I hate to report but i think im gonna stop using the cream. After being on it for a month and 2 weeks, My face looked no better and often times worse than before i started. I think the cream is good, but the fact is I think it clogs pores which has a reverse affect, so i was still getting white heads and the red marks were still coming up worse than ever.

One strange thing is that the acne on my back subsided 10 fold. There are no more big lesions or even white heads. There are only red marks and maybe a small pimple or two. Strange. It must be a combo of the perricone pills plus all of the other vitamins im taking. too bad its not working for my face though.

So, from now on im just wash with water and use the toner. Also, I bought some epsom salt and have taken 2 baths with it. I really like it and Im gonna see if it helps my face. I'm gonna try and take 1 bath every night soaking my body and face in the solution.

2SG

yeah.. me 2 but i usually get whiteheads bc im either touching my face too much or my hair's oil(?) bc i put wax on..

i think the cream has really overall improved my face.. dramatically

seems like all the water im drinking and the .. somewhat strict diet is helping out alot!

oh yeah, i found some multivitamins that contained p.acid.. only 60mgs of it though, that is okay right?..

this is a stupid question.. but there is no BAD vitamin for acne.. right?

@ 2SG:

What do you think cleared your back? Taking vitamins (did you do that actually?) or did you also apply the cream on your back ?

babowc: 60 mg of p acid. is fine, but its not nearly enough to do anything really for your acne. Since people take 10 GRAMS before they see an improvement, 60 mg wont do much.

Exocet:

I don't know what cleared my back honestly. I was not putting the creamon my back at all. Here are the vitamins ive been taking for the past month:

Vitamin A (at least 50,000 I.U's a day)

wrinkle raider pills (about 2-3 a day)

ester-c

garlic (1200 mg 2-3 times a day)

pills i added a little over half way:

Zinc (50-100 mg a day)

pantethine (900 mg a day, only been doing for a week so its not that)

vitamin E

flaxseed oil

I doubt it is any in the second list because i added them so late. I've only been on those for maybe 2-2.5 weeks. The first list ive been on for over a month.

So, i dunno what it is/was that helped. It could be the vitamin A or wrinkly raiders, but i dunno.

2SG

Wow, from just the pills you have got about a worthy meal biggrin.gif still hungy at evening's ? tongue.gif

Hehe, it's beginning to look like that for me as well.

I hope that swansonvit's goods arrive here shortly, you never know with international shipping.

Oh, and I assume you take garlic, as a supplement?

yea, its a lot of pills, but its really not that bad. I'd take 100 if i knew it would get rid of my acne, hehe.

Of course im still hungry. Actually, I probably eat WAY too much during the day, and i eat big meals.

My shipment came in after 2 whole days, but tahst becuase I did 2 day air. And Yes the garlic are supplements. I recently read that they aren't comparable to real fresh garlic, but i dont care, I'll still take them.

2SG

i thought inflamation was the key:( btw. xgamer, im sure there r other aspects that may affect ur skin. such as sleep, STRESS, exercise, stuff like that. maybe we need to get these basic general stuff down befre we see such good results.........i kno stress plays a huge role

i really think.. inflammation is for the serious-type acnes.. i mean.. im on this reg that supposedly reduces inflammation and im getting whiteheads here and there.. maybe its my diet.. maybe im slacking.. ](*,)

I was on the regimen for 1 or 2 weeks (cream, toner, wrinkle raider pills, diet) and the only real change I saw was that where my face was real dry (from many diff topicals prescribed in past that I stopped a day or two before starting this) it's not really dry anymore.. but then I got a real bad stomach virus and also got all these red dots all over my face and right after I got better I broke out real bad all over my face (still like this after 2 weeks). I did start drinking pop for some reason for a week and eating ice cream, which may have made it worse, I don't know.. I know gamer did say your face would breakout and it would take up to a month or more to get back to normal.. sad.gif

I think I'm going to stop taking the wrinkle raider pills tho because I got a rash on my neck that wont go away (including a pimple) and the bottle says to discontinue if rash occurs so we'll see. I don't know if the cream is really doing anything for my acne or what.. if this doesn't work I got nothing else I'm willing to try. It does look like my breakout is very slowly going away now.. hopefully.. since I stopped drinking the pop and sweets.. but I dunno. I'll give it another week or two and if it's not much better I think I'll just go down to the toner.. and I'm gonna start drinking this orange juice my dad gets that contains ALA and DMAE and alla that.. forget who makes it.. that should work instead of the pills. Oh just like 2SG who said his back cleared up, so did my chest, although it looks like it may be coming back. Do you really think the cream clogs pores?

hey, i read most of the thread and this stuff does look like it could work. I have nothing else to go on so i have to try this. But i have one problem, i cannot find any creams or toners in the UK with these ingredients in, so if anyone here knows where i can get them i would be very grateful, thanks.

Chris