Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nessy

Acne Free in 3 days! ANYONE tried it?

By the by....ANOTHER one of my friends (this time girl) has been on the treatment for roughly 3 weeks and has been having wonderful results as well. She used to be pretty....but her acne ridden face was kind of like a super turnoff to the guys. As she has started to clear up...lets just say she is getting more attention. This treatment works, it works for me...it works for her...it works for many other I know. This shit works, but as I said....you get what you give to it.

2 week progress report...

Well I've been using the toner and cream for about 2 weeks, not exactly sure when I started.

Right now it's a draw sort of. My cheeks with the cycstic acne and red scars is MUCH improved. The scars are fading so well and the cycle of one cyst after another has stopped. That is quite a relief. My forehead and upper cheeks are a bit rash/pimply. It's weird I almost feel like that area of my face doesn't like the toner. I'm still carrying on with it though. I think I'll need at least 2 months to know how it is really working. If my forehead is still rashy I may stop using the toner on it, the cream doesn't seem to bother it as much. My chin has also been getting daily white heads, they go away with in a day though and leave no marks which is nice.

I think my face is still adjusting. It needs more time. I've been wondering about cleansers though. I'm currently using Aubrey Organics cleanser for combination skin, it has Ester C in it which I thought would be helpful. It has castile soap in it which I think might be irritating to my face. I'm not sure. I was using a non-soap cleanser for a while and it seemed better for my skin. I might have to go back to it.

Well that's my update. I'm still sticking with it. Hell if I can only have rash acne on my forehead and no cystic cheeks, I'll take it.

-shelley

I knew someone would come along and start complaining like 5 days in that their face wasnt good enough

Where do you all buy salmon from? I can't find any salmon that isn't farm raised at the store. And Perricone makes mention on his website that farm-raised salmon has inferior vitamins or fattyacids or something. Geez, why didn't he put that in the book? I had to pay for that.

Farm raised salmon has higher levels of mercury which is VERY toxic to humans, too. Try to get Alaskan Salmon becuase it has the highest levels of "fish oils." As to where, any supermarket should have it. You can get it canned, fresh, or frozen...

lol well lucky you. I had to go to a seafood only place to find wild alaskan salmon. And it was 15.99/lb. Better not let that go to waste. I need to find a cheaper source of good meat.

Well first off, sorry if I snapped on you 2shyguy. It was late at night and I was having a bad day. It also annoys me a little when people complain early on in their trial (altho i recognize that wasnt what you were doing). Anyways, didnt mean to be snappy there.

As for shagnscob, all the information I have given is essentially directly from Perricones book, but if you want to compile it, then feel free smile.gif

By The By, I dont even eat salmon and I never will. I take Fish Oil supplements (in whatever is in 2 capsules). I dont eat fish, its sick. I just eat chicken and turkey for my protein and it has worked fine.

if anyone is still looking for cheap alpha lipoic acid, go to your local Wal-Mart Superstore...the regular one's might even have it too. i got mine for about $5 compared to GNC which was around $12. save all the money you can! it adds up.

XGamerX that reminds me-

Botchla's regimen uses Clean and Clear Blackhead Scrub w/ 2% SA. I know Perricone talks alot about how SA is inflammatory, but he does have it in his own products. What im wondering is if its okay to use the SA wash to exfoliate the face once a week or so. it seems like itd be a great help to get all the dead skin taken out from the pores, however theres SA so im not sure if it would be better of not used...

anyhow, thanks.

if anyone is still looking for cheap alpha lipoic acid, go to your local Wal-Mart Superstore...the regular one's might even have it too. i got mine for about $5 compared to GNC which was around $12. save all the money you can! it adds up.

I just read the book, and I was stunned to find out that a lot of the "healthy foods" that I've been eating a lot of are considered highly inflamatory... Some of these include bananas, bread, corn, fruit juice and pasta. The book makes a lot of sense, and it looks pretty promising if everything is followed correctly.

How long does the toner and cream last? I priced the vitamins, toner, Alpha Lipoic Nutritive Cleanser, and cream and its going to be around $200. (I wish I had bought this first instead of wasting all that money on b5 crap.) I know you said the vitmains last 6 months, how long does the toner and cream last? Also, I have acne on my face, neck, and like 5 pimples on my back which isnt much of an issue. Can I apply the toner and cream to my neck aswell as my face?

First off, I don't know how its gonna cost $200!! thats hella bling that most people don't have. I payed $27 for 3 bottles of ala/dmae/ester-c vitamins, $33 for 3 2 oz. jars of ala/dmae/ester-c Cream, $15 for a dmae/ala/ester-c toner, how ever much cetaphil costs, and thats it.

If you are pricing off of Perricones products, I highly suggest you read previous posts in this forum to find alternate and just as good products at much cheaper of a price. The only thing i couldnt find was a cleanser with the dmae/ala/ester-c in it, but i dont think its too big of a deal.

Yes, you can use all products on the face, neck, and back areas with no problem. As far as how long they last, thats up to you. After 2 weeks of straight use, my toner (8 oz.) has dropped maybe half to 3/4 of an inch from the top (in other words there is a ton left); i have a ton left of one jar of cream (while the other 2 are still full); and im still on my first bottle of pills (i started off heavy, taking about 4-5 a day, but now im gonna cut back to just 2-3).

I hope that helps...

2sG

2sG:

yes, the alpha lipoic acid is in the vitamin aisle. if all Wal-Marts are the same there's a big wall/section near the pharmacy of vitamins and minerals. look hard because it's not where you think it'd be alphabetically. i found a few scattered bottles among the fish oils and calcium supps. wal-mart never was really organized...

lol yeah it doesn't cost $200 unless you use Perricone's stuff. go generic all the way! shoot, i'm a poor college graduate and paying $7 more for alpha lipoic acid is a good meal right there!

XGamerX that reminds me-

Botchla's regimen uses Clean and Clear Blackhead Scrub w/ 2% SA.  I know Perricone talks alot about how SA is inflammatory, but he does have it in his own products.  What im wondering is if its okay to use the SA wash to exfoliate the face once a week or so.  it seems like itd be a great help to get all the dead skin taken out from the pores, however theres SA so im not sure if it would be better of not used...

anyhow, thanks.

Its costing him around 200 dollars, because he's not using ALA/DMAE/Vit-C pills alone, he's taking ALL the vitamins Dr. P perscribes in his book. Which is located on the first page of this thread. No Multi-Vitamin contains all those amounts or those certain vit/minerals. You can get pretty close, but if you want to be exact you need to add extra stuff to a STRONG multi-vitamin

hey gamer:

i might have asked you this already and i apologize if i had. but all those people that you helped, did they have an initial "breakout/normalizing" period? if so how long were most of theirs?

dr. p's book doesn't say much about "normalizing" but what your logic makes sense. there's a lot of inflammation that needs to crop up before there can be none whatsoever.

thanks

I like it alot. Of course i havent used any other to compare, but it has a nice feel and fragrance as well.

2SG

2shyguy - can you list the exact names of the products and vitamin brands you are using, as well as where you purchased them?

Gamer - Do you recommend I buy those vitamins that you have as well as perricones stuff, or do you think generic things would work just as well?

has this regimen help even out skin tone. I just dont want to spend more money on products and have to throw it in my dresser drawer. Very few actually stay on top of my dresser as many failed to work ](*,)

2shyguy - can you list the exact names of the products and vitamin brands you are using, as well as where you purchased them?