Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nessy

Acne Free in 3 days! ANYONE tried it?

Hey.

just wondering if anyone has brought this e-book?

If you have please tell me if this works or if its a huge load of rubbish...i mean its worth a try because he offers a 90 day money back guarantee!

Thanks.. it would help me heaps!

I truly believe that it is impossible to get totally acne free in 3 days. However it is possible to reduce your acne alot in three days. I nearly rid myself of active acne in about 4 days. However, you arnt going to like how. Everyone here is hoping for a quick fix, some easy way out. I have found the best way is always the simplest but most challenging way. I read Dr. Perricones book "The Acne Prescription" and I am proof that his book works. He uses a 3 tiered system: Diet, Supplements, Topicals. The 3 layered system does not require anything drastic like 10000mg of B5. It does however show you ways to drastically reduce your acne within a week and be almost totally acne free in 21 days. It really was a miracle for me.

Hey Guys, I dont really want to go into details, because without reading the "why", you guys will blow off my advice as another quick fix. This is not the case. This "acne prescription" requires you to completely make over your life. Of course, you see far more results than just a clear face. After making these changes, I feel better overall. I no longer get headaches that I used to get frequently, I have more energy (by a lot), I just feel "healthy". I cant explain it, but I feel so much better. Of course, my face is now completely clear of active acne. I say active because some light red marks (that used to be scars and dark red marks) are still around. They are almost completely gone though, and my face will actually be completely clear in a week or two, bringing the total to about 2 months before I not only have no acne, but I feel 10x better overall.

Anyways, there are three tiers like I said. Diet, Supplements, and Topicals. Dr. Perricone, in his book, describes how to use the three in conjunction to basically keep yourself from showing visible signs of aging, keeping your skin looking amazing, avoiding nearly 95% of all skin conditions (including acne). I dont feel like going through it all, but the key is "inflammation".

Everyone knows that there are a million reasons that people get acne: Diet, environment, genetics, stress, hormones, etc. It is nearly impossible to fix every aspect of your life. That would be absurd. You cant "fix" your genetics or your raging hormones. However, the author reveals something that literally changed how I looked at the acne problem. Don't try to fix each cause individually, but instead fix the problem that lies beneath all of those causes as the root cause of all skin conditions....inflammation. Inflammation is why acne exists. He explains how even supposed "non inflammatory acne" is called so falsely. He has done lots of research and found that ALL acne starts as inflammation and ends up with the pimple everyone sees.

Basically, if you can eliminate the inflammation, then acne is no longer even a problem. It doesnt matter if you have genetics for acne, you have stresss, and your hormones are changing....because if your face is protected against inflammation, the acne (no matter the source) cannot even begin to form. All acne starts with inflammation, therefore eliminate the inflammation and you can stop worrying about acne. Inflammation is also the root cause of aging, cancer, and nearly all skin disorders. Thus, fixing the inflammation on your face also provides a million other benefits.

Fixing inflammation involves all three of the tiers. You must avoid foods that cause an insulin response (this leads to an inflammatory response). If you can avoid specific foods that cause an inflammatory response, you effectively help avoid inflammation. This does not mean you can't eat good stuff, although I doubt anyone on here will care enough to actually try this so I dont feel like detailing it. The bottom line is certain foods cause inflammatory responses and this triggers inflammation on your face and thus acne forms.

Supplements are another layer of protection from inflammation. In his book, Perricone lists all the vitamins and supplements that stop inflammation. Some of these are more important than others, but all of these are crucial to eliminating inflammation and thus acne altogether.

Heres a complete list of EVERY supplement known to prevent an inflammatory response in your body :

Alpha Lipoic Acid: 50 to 100 mg

DMAE: 50 to 100 mg

Acetyl L-Carnetine - 500-1000 mg

Coenzyme Q-10: 30 to 300 mg

Glutamine: 1500 mg

Gamma Linolenic Acid: 500 mg

Turmeric: 250 to 1000 mg

Vitamin A: 5000-10000 IU

Vitamin B Complex:

B1: 10 to 50 mg

B2: 10 to 100 mg

B3: 20 to 100 mg

B5: 10 to 250 mg

B6: 50 to 100 mg

B12: 5 to 100 mcg

Folic Acid: 400 to 800 mcg

Biotin: 300 mg

Vitamin C: 1000 mg and 500 mg ascorbyl palmitate

Vitamin E: 400 to 800 IU

Calcium: 1200 mg

Chromium: 200 mg

Magnesium: 600 - 1200 mg

Selenium: 200 mcg

Zinc: 15 to 30 mg

Grape Extract: 30 to 100 mg

Fish Oil (100-200 EPA, 100-200 DHA)

I found almost all these in a single multivitamin and it has been an important part of my ultimate goal of a healthy body and a clear face.

The third layer is Topicals. These are also crucial. Perricone stresses avoiding most harsh and abrasive chemicals such as Benzoyl Peroxide or Salycilic Acid. He says that in the long run, while they do help the problem, they will never provide a real solution. These 2 products actually cause an inflammatory response to some degree and thus work against the cause.

He reccomends two substances that I found to be amazing and these are definately the key to success. The three that he actually HIGHLY reccomends are: Alpha Lipoic Acid, DMAE, and Glutiathione. These three products do miracles topically and I speak from personal experience. I wont go into any further detail here, but suffice to say that while many people are quoted saying "Everyone is different, one cure doesnt work for others", this is not entirely true. EVERYONES acne is the result of inflammation. If someone eliminates inflammation, then they do not get acne....period. All the other "causes" simply lead to an inflammatory response. Stress, Hormones, Genetics...it all leads to inflammation which leads to acne. Its a great book I highly reccomend it.

Hmm, well it sounds like it would work to me. I try to eat/drink as healthy as i can (64 oz. of water minimum a day) and take supplements. I've been taking about 5-6 grams of vitamin C a day because ive recently been told that this can severely help prevent acne. I'm on about my 6th day and it seemed to be working but now i have a few small pimples that are trying to come up, i hope they dont.

I know you dont want to go into detail (why i dont know), but id definitely be interested in trying this regimen. So, if you could possibly answer just a few questions that would be awesome.

1.) I'm taking grape extract 100 mg, 5-6 grams of vitamin c, a b-complex multivitamin, flax oil, and a centrum multivitamin. Will that be enough vitamin wise? or do you have to go all out and take every one of the vitamins on that list?

2.)As far as the topicals go, where can you get them and how exactly are they applied? Do you use all three, do you leave a certain one on or wash it off, etc. ?

If you can answer that I would be MOST GREATFUL! I feel im so close to ridding my acne, but its still far from perfect.

Thanks, 2SG

Your blood pressure and etc went up because of you and not the B5....

I've been on it for over 2 months, 10g daily.....have had my blood pressure checked 3 times.....all normal.

as well as other routine hospital checks...all clear.

No oilyness on the face anymnore, no cysts anymore, blackheads on my nose that have been there for over 6 years dissappearing.....everythings tickety-boo.

Your blood pressure and etc went up because of you and not the B5....

I've been on it for over 2 months, 10g daily.....have had my blood pressure checked 3 times.....all normal.

as well as other routine hospital checks...all clear.

No oilyness on the face anymnore, no cysts anymore, blackheads on my nose that have been there for over 6 years dissappearing.....everythings tickety-boo.

You mentioned that you found most of all those supplements in one multi vitamin.

I was thinking about experimenting with some vitaminange, may I ask what that multivitamin was?

currently I get ample Vitamin A and C(carrots and Orange juice) but I don't get much else. I've been on the reg for about 3 weeks and while there is some improvement, it overall hasn't helped much.

I have mild acne, that isn't really a big issue, but It seems like it's so mild, I really shouldn't have too much of an issue ridding myself of it, if I do the right thing(s)

What you write about reminds me of a lifestyle treatment an alternative medicine advocate told me about. basically it's alkalizing your body, rebalancing your Ph levels. Supposedly, unbalanced Ph levels in your blood and skin..etc are the cause of about 90% of all lesions, blemishes and other issues. it can be difficult to do, alkalizing, because there are a lot of things that you have to avoid, like orange juice and other acids, but the results are supposedly very good.

Keep in mind that doing any of the tiers will help, but doing all 3 is the complete plan to give yourself healthy clear skin and and better health overall. I didnt mention the multivitamin I take because...well...its expensive. Here it is, it has pretty much every supplement you could ever imagine (minus Alpha Lipoic Acid, DMAE and Fish Oils which I take seperately). Everything else on my list is in the One Multi Vitamin Here:

http://www.lef.org/newshop/items/item00634...Fusion&key=Link

Check out the ingredient list, its one of the most comprehensive vitamins I have ever seen and it has all the doses that my list says to. Keep in mind that it reccomends taking 9 pills per day for the full doses. Forget about that 9, its more than you need. Take 3-4 of those pills per day and you are set.

seems like the ones that work best usually are :-k

I just went to the pharmacy to get some B5, but they had B1,B2,B4 B6, B100 B500 and B-complex, but none of these had a trace of B5 in 'em

ah well.

thanks for your help! its quite confusing for me, so i think i better just buy the e-book. lol. i just wanted to make sure that someone had used it and got results ! smile.gif

Ok, so i went to walmart tonight to find something with dmae and Alpha Lipoic Acid, but after spending literally 15 minutes in the face isle (kind of embarassing having acne and standing in that isle if you knwo what i mean), i couldnt find anything with those elements in it. So, is there a particular brand of toner and cream that you get? Do you buy it online or from a store? I had a fairly bad breakout tonight when i had been somewhat clear of active pimples for about 2 weeks, so its just frustrating.

Thanks for the help, its greatly appreciated.

Heres the topicals I use (and I have no active acne, and very few light marks after roughly 2 months). remember I do the whole 3 layered thing. The topicals are just one piece of the inflammation controlling pie.

Anyways:

1) Toner: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtm...ldPaginate=true

2) Cream: http://www.puritan.com/pages/file.asp?xs=0...73B6B0&PID=4420

Those 2 are just amazing. After about 3 days of use, my acne was WAY better. After 2 weeks, my inflammation (red, flaky) was totally gone and there was no active acne to speak of. Now, its just wow, really. Although it wasnt JUST these products, it was the whole 3 tiered approach. Its genius. I owe a lot more than just a clear face to this guy, I also feel great and I feel better about myself. This approach, if done right, works for ANYONE. Thats a big claim, but its warranted considering that acne in general along with rosacea, folliculitis, etc, are ALL caused by inflammation. Prevent the inflammation and effectively prevent acne.

Well, i just ordered the same dmae creme that you use ($33 for 3 2 oz. jars) but i ordered a different toner just because the one you listed was prett expensive (the one i got was $15 for 8 oz.)

So, im gonna give these topicals a shot, along with my continued use of certain vitamins. The only thing im not sure of is the food aspect. Could you maybe list a few foods that you know are bad for acne or cause inflammation??

Also, do those topicals help rid of whiteheads and blackheads too? or just red marks?

Thanks, 2SG

Well, i just ordered the same dmae creme that you use ($33 for 3 2 oz. jars) but i ordered a different toner just because the one you listed was prett expensive (the one i got was $15 for 8 oz.)

Could you link me to the toner you bought? Maybe ill use it next time.

So, im gonna give these topicals a shot, along with my continued use of certain vitamins. The only thing im not sure of is the food aspect. Could you maybe list a few foods that you know are bad for acne or cause inflammation??

Ill do this a bit later when I have more time

Also, do those topicals help rid of whiteheads and blackheads too? or just red marks?

LOL, i told you, acne is caused by inflammation. These topicals prevent and control inflammation. It doesnt stop just "red marks or blackheads" it stops ALL forms of acne and it clears red marks. The root cause of ALL acne is inflammation, thus something that stops inflammation effectively stops the prevention of ALL acne. The topicals I mentioned control inflammation and thus (Of course when done with the 3 tiered system), no acne of any kind can form.

Could you link me to the toner you bought? Maybe ill use it next time.

Yes, here is the link:

http://www.internatural-alternative-health.../ingr828512.cfm

I know the grahic on the bottle looks a little weird, but the ingredients look good and it has dmae and ala, so it should be fine.

Hope that helps. And on my asking if this regimen rids of white/blackheads, i just had to come out and ask because, well, i dunno..lol ...you like the reassurance of text..hehe...

But thanks for your help. As of now i bought a L'oreal toner with vitamin C to use until that stuff gets here.

2SG

Thats a nice toner, good find. It seems it is being marketed for women only. I always feel silly buying feminine products lol. Anyways, Perhaps I will get that next time I have to purchase a toner.

Yea i noticed it was being marketed for women, but its not like your buying it at a store, they are sending it to you. Plus, its not like its made just for women, so i dunno why they do that?

2SG

XGamerX-

A couple Q's here, one, how old are you? And two, have you ever read "The Acne Cure," or tried the regimine within it? Also, do the diet changes of the book recommend a low carb diet, or a move to complex carbs, or something else?