Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nessy

Bio oil - Fading Scars!

I bought bio oil after reading bout it in a magazine!!

i thought hey this sounds like it will work, i used it for months, with no results, plus it is far to greasy.

it doesnt sink in the skin at all, just sits on the top lookin all gross and shiney

lol shud have known sumthing that was 15 BUks isnt gonna work...... WHO ARE WE KIDDING>..... a 15 BUCK SCAR REMOVAL OIL......? HAHAHHAHAHHA YEEEEEEEE RIGHT.......

I found Bio Oil while spending three months in New Zealand last year. I had been careless with protecting the skin on my chest and was horrified to see wrinkly furrows appearing. I live in Alaska, so it's easy for me to overdo sun exposure when I travel.

I've used Bio Oil at least at night, and in the morning when I remember. It seems important to apply it sparingly and to gently rub it in to make sure it absorbs well. After several weeks, it had a noticeable effect on little wrinkles on my face and chest, on a brown spot on my jawline, and on reducing irritation from Retin-A and the Zo-Derm my dermatologist prescribed. It lasts a long time. It may not be a miracle solution for acne scars, but it really seems to help with skin tone, unevenness and wrinkles in general without exacerbating my acne. If nothing else, try it on the thin skin around your eyes, on your upper lip, and on your chest if you've gotten too much sun in your life. (It's incredibly annoying to have middle-aged wrinkles AND acne.) I just ordered more.

Thanks for all the helpful comments on this site, and sorry for the long post!

i just purchased bio oil..

on way back from store i put it on few scars

and came back home looked at the mirror and the scars are gone !!

im gonna use this bio oil in myhonda engine too..just as an additive

i hve some engine leaks lately hopefully it will fix them..'

iwas ust kidding abt the scar thing...

the universal law of physics is ucan only trade equal value things in nature

for instance energy can be traded for mass but only in equal proportions

similarly scars are very annoying and they cost a lot

so bio oil worth 15$ cant trade scars lol

Frances wrote:

FYI Here is the ingredient list for Bio Oil:

Ingredients

Contains: Paraffinum Liquidum, Triisononanoin, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isopropyl Myristate, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Lavandula Angustifolia, Rosmarinus Officinalis, Calendula Officinalis, Helianthus Annuus, Glycine Soja, BHT, Bisabolol, Parfum, Cl26100

worth noting - Sage skincare gives Isopropyl Myristate the highest skin clogging 5/5 rating and 3/5 irritancy rating

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roaccutane does not react well with vitamin A

Read this for information http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=44105

Is it okay to take vitamins whilst taking accutane?

-You should not be taking vitamin A in any form whilst on accutane, as this may interfere with the drug, but other than this most other vitamin supplements should be fine to take.

Guest chon_bon

did bio oil cause anyone to break out? i tried it for the first time today and it feels like putting vegetable oil on my face.

did bio oil cause anyone to break out? i tried it for the first time today and it feels like putting vegetable oil on my face.

Isopropyl myristate is notorious for causing breakouts. It's one of the most comedogenic substances in cosmetics.

Hey guys

boi from SYDNEY AUstralia who just purchased BIO Oil

recommended by a friend

have only used it for 1 day, but will post weekly to tell u if it works

i had major acne, got on roaccutane which only started clearing up my acne after FIVE MONTHS. Now my skin is pretty much flat just with red marks all over the place.

wish me luck, i love tryin new products lol

xoxoxooxxo

I have used bio oil for around 8 months now. I am on my 2nd bottle as the first lasted around 6 months so actually it is quite cheap!

I have sensitive skin and bought it as a night time moisturiser because my skin just wasn't feeling 'nourished' by any other moisturisers I had been trying everything from neutrogena to lancome. Normal moisturisers were breaking me out and oil free matte type ones weren't moisturising my skin at all.

Fast forward 6 months and I was literally like OMG I didn't realise what a good effect it had on my red marks!I had been applying it every night and also days when I was at home. (don't like it under make up too much but it's ok).......my face is so much more even toned, I can even see areas where my skin looks normal again not a blotchy red marked mess.

I use 3 drops and massage in.....if under make up just 1 drop.

Maybe because I wasn't expecting too much effects on red marks/tone/texture I wasn't so quick in giving bio oil up......and I'm so glad I didn't.

Old red marks it literally has taken the whole 6 months but new ones are usually gone within 2/3 weeks.

It has made my skin look healthier, it has vitamins A&E in (anti oxidants!) and in some areas my pores look smaller?!

I have raved about bio oil on here before but it is usually met with a lot of criticism. I'm 22 and I have spent a lot of money on treating acne marks and acne itself..........done all the jessfoliation, acv, glycolic peels, lactic peels, neutrogena fading stuff.........none of it really helped and I felt I was damaging my skin. Glycolic acid peels......30% I would never do these at home again, the 2nd time i burnt my cheek, immediately it went red and i neutralised it bu the damage was done. Was a scary 2 weeks waiting for it to heal, thank god it didn't scar! But with bio oil i just slap it on, no worries about any side effects.

I will always use it even when my marks are gone, I just don't think there is another moisturiser for night times as good out there?!

PS it aint gonna get rid of depresed scars but it will help red marks!

Has anyone found that Bio Oil has made them break out? I was using this religiously for the last 6 months or so and my acne has gotten worse, I was using it without being on the CSR though.... I am just curious to know weather you use this in cojunction with CSR or as a solo product to help with red marks and what effect it has on your acne?

I don't have bad acne just the odd pustle very so often. My problem is with blackheads anyway that's another story!! I used bio oil for red marks and to even out skin tone. I used it for about 4 months - no change in skin tone, red marks and I was breaking out and getting more and more blackheads. There is something in it (I can't remember what) that is comedogenic so I had to stop. It does work very well for some people but not for all.

I can't comment with regard to CSR as I've never been on it. Hopefully someone else can help you out there.

I think that it does work, but you have to use a tiny tiny amount on your skin. I'm talking like 1 drop for the whole of your face and massaged in. Any more than that and you will probably breakout more as it does seem to clog the pores.

i use to use bio-oil a while back. i thik it did help with my red marks.. cant remember though. But i do remember that i did use it over 13 wks but, didnt really fade my red marks dramatically, slightly though it did. Does it make people break out? But i think it does work great for some people! Hmmm. might want to try this again.

I gave bio-oil a shot. Used it at night for 3 months. I tracked the progress by taking pictures and didn't notice a difference until about 2 months in, at which I was becoming happy with the results. Then I started getting zits and build ups in the area and now it looks the same, maybe a little worse than when I started using it. I expected it, but had to try it anyways.

I gave bio-oil a shot. Used it at night for 3 months. I tracked the progress by taking pictures and didn't notice a difference until about 2 months in, at which I was becoming happy with the results. Then I started getting zits and build ups in the area and now it looks the same, maybe a little worse than when I started using it. I expected it, but had to try it anyways.

Exactly - you don't know until you try. My results seem the same as yours except the improvement bit!! :lol: