Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wilzzn

ANYONE WHO HAS USED 2% SALICYLIC ACID

Hello.

I've been on Differin, using duac currently only once daily.

Well, I've used many over the counter treatments as well- proactiv, acnefree, etc. even thought I don't have bad acne. There still hasn't been a day where I wake up without 1 or 2 zits on my face in over 2 years...

My point being that recently I have been trying a 2% Clearasil Cleanser. It seemed to be good and I still really think its working. It's amazing if it will. I've been using it twice a day and it's brought many deep clogged pores out as zits. I'm at least hoping that's the case, because I broke out around my cheeks where I rarely get zits. However, the good part is I for the most part, I haven't had any new zits in about 4 days. I've been on it a week, but what brings me to this forum is I haven't read of anyone keeping their acne under control with only salicylic acid. It doesn't irritate my skin and seems to work much better for me than BP.

I'd like for anybody who has kept their skin clear with SA to post on here with your experience and what you use as well as the strength of concentration of the SA.

BTW I am using a Clearasil StayClear Gel wash with 2% SA

I started using Neutrogena 2% SA face wash today and I'm starting to think it's much better than Dan's 2.5% BP.

I know for a fact it's worked best on my blackheads even after 1 day use.

i am 52 and have way too many years of good and bad experiences. the best product i have ever found is paula's choice. the problem is that it is becoming very expensive.

my 2 kids and myself have found her very simple regiment to be more successful than any rx or over the counter (except accutane...which one child ended up using with tremndous success.) religiously we use basis soap followed by paula's choice 2% BHA followed by 5% BP.

it is close to a miracle treatment and i can tell in a heartbeat if we miss a day.

excellent for mild to moderate acne but not much help for cystic.

we've tried EVERYTHING ... and i swear this beats all! sadly, price has become an issue and i am open to comparable ideas, but her ingredients are very simple and pure. hard to beat.

good luck!

I use Neutrogena's Body Clear Scrub that has 2% SA in it, on my face. It's really good at taking off all the makeup I use during the day because of the exfoliating bits in it, and surprisingly using it twice a day doesn't dry out my face. I have hormonal acne but washing my face with this really does keep my face clear. I also started using Neutrogena's Rapid Clear Acne Defense Face Lotion with 2% SA in it and it's probably the best face lotion with SA in it that I've tried yet. :D

As of right now im useing Neutrogena Oil free acne wash and it hasent odne wnything but clean and heal some clogged pores

but then again i got off tane so i think all the junk purged already lol

but in the past.....

i use to use alot of Salycic Acid cleansers and they did purge the skin and break me out more but then in the end would keep me clear

As of right now im useing Neutrogena Oil free acne wash and it hasent odne wnything but clean and heal some clogged pores

but then again i got off tane so i think all the junk purged already lol

but in the past.....

i use to use alot of Salycic Acid cleansers and they did purge the skin and break me out more but then in the end would keep me clear

Hey....

I don't use the StayClear 2% SA wash, but I do use the cream cleanser. I like it...although it's a bit perfumy. I liked their original cream wash better (it didn't have menthol), but I still like the products overall. I just use that wash. I know it doesn't really help since it's not SA, but I think that you could probably get away with washing with the SA at night and the cream wash during the day (it has Triclosan in it-an antibacterial) or vice versa. I think that would help clean up any active acne and the SA wash would help with the underground stuff. Just a thought. I personally have had bad reactions to SA, but perhaps I'll try that face wash, or one of the stayclear cream ones with SA in it.

update: got paula's choice 2% SA liquid. second night and already improving greatly.

although it does feel very oily. it feels like i dipped a cotton ball in grease lol.

oh well, whatever works. :) its done well so far, i'll keep u updated.

update: got paula's choice 2% SA liquid. second night and already improving greatly.

although it does feel very oily. it feels like i dipped a cotton ball in grease lol.

oh well, whatever works. :) its done well so far, i'll keep u updated.