Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eliebellie

For all you who use or have used Ortho Tri Cyclen

Did you have any negative effects while on it? I HAVE to take it while I'm on accutane.

:cry: I don't want to but my dermatologist won't prescribe me accutane without being on it. Anyways I was reading on the board some of the stuff that happens to your body while on Birth Control. I'm taking specifically Ortho Tri Cyclen, just wanting some input on it. Thanks!

I took it for 10+ years. Made my skin look great. If you want the straight story, I had terrible vaginal dryness while on it, but some people don't experience this. Also my sex drive was pretty low. Other than that I had no problems.

I was on it for acne and to regulate my periods. My skin looked great, but I was seriously an emotional wreck, depressed and ready to cry at the drop of a dime. I had to stop taking it.

It made me loose my sex drive and made me a crazy bitch, seriously anything would piss me off. I feel so bad for my boyfriend at the time now that I think about it. It did not clear my skin if anything it made my skin worse.

It's been years since I've been on it but I do remember vaginal dryness, and perhaps it made moods swings worse, but I can't say for sure whether this was caused by the ortho. Might also have been caused by exam stress at the time ;)

It did not make any difference in my skin.