Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eskimoemo

i have had chest acne for a while

i hate it grrr. ive had really mild acne since like 5 years ago. i remember it being real small not even a problem. then as the years passed, it got worse and worse. ive tried everything. diff acne meds, proactive, different body scrubs. i saw a doc but he didnt do shit. i saw this lady who owned her own body spa shop where they give you facials and other stuff. she told me that cheese gives you acne. so i stopped eating pizza and ice cream. she took a look at my acne and told me that i have cholestoral deposit and some other thing. she suggested i see her and she can get rid of the cholestoral deposit by blasting it with some machine. but with the pimples, she will give me meds. it will be costly, but if i cant get rid of it soon, i will have to go spend a couple hundred on this. sad.gif i also have mild acne on my face but its not that serious. doesnt bother me. my chest acne once did go away when i tanned this summer. but it came back once my tan went away. i really want to be clear from chest acne, anyone? help? [-o<

i know people say that foods dont give you acne but i feel like each time i eat pizza or ice cream i break out. so i quit those foods. any other food that cause a breakout? i also try to drink alot of water and i eat fruit. what fruits do you guys recommend?

im also using neutrogena body scrub for acne skin. i use a loofa too. its kind of old. :-k

oh and im 22 years old.

Some people have mentioned diluting some sea salt in water and rubbing it onto your acne (swimming in sea water often helps clear acne)

do that for a week (twice a day) and see if it helps.

Put "Paula Begouns skin ligtening lotion" on your chest everynight. It has AHA's but in a irritant-free product because Paula is an irritant-nazi (which is good).

So there, my two cents... but no one has to listen to me. If you can't afford the B5.... just buy the Paula and try it out.... http://www.cosmeticscop.com/

The Paula for sure!!!

It is a miracle worker. I used to think the only way to clear my skin was Benzol peroxide everyday but I was wrong. The problem I found with using the Benzol Peroxide is it bleached my shirts whenever I washed my face and the solution ran down on them. I wrecked a lot of t-shirt collars that way ](*,)

So order a sample if you like. Her company's real awesome about samples....

http://cosmeticcop.com/shop/product.asp?CO...C220&PAGETYPE=S

I've never used her 8% AHA gel, so I can't say if that would work just as well.

cheers.

I use the neutrogena body scrub it works great for me. Im affraid that if you spend hundreds of dollars on the stuff the lady recamended it may just be a temparary fix. like facials you would have to keep doing it, to keep results. Have you ever tried whipeing your chest with a alcohol soaked cotton ball before bed? Even when I wash my chest really good with soap it still gets the cotton ball really dirty. but if you do that every night before bed that should help.

For the love of clear skin try the Paula product people!!

Alcohol will not exfoliate the way Paula's products do. Paula Begoun is one of the very few women out there that know u need a LOW PH for AHA'S and Salicylic Acid products to work!

That's why all the acne products in the stores are jokes : the PH is physically too high for any exfoliation of the pore to occur. And that's why I'm begging you to try Paula's crap.

AND.... I don't work for Paula! But I have great success with her Beta-hydroxy solution (salicylic acid) and her Skin lightening lotion wih AHA's. Cleared me right up.

The oil... now that's another story.

im sure paulas stuff probably does work. But for just the chest a good scrub and some alchohol rub downs work great. It efectively removes all oil wich is what clogs the pores on your chest.

i just want to get rid of my chest acne. sad.gif ive tried so many diff things im kinda doubtful if anything will work. sad.gif so this will work? [-o<

so paula's for sure, and what about b5? i just want to make it gone FOREVER! biggrin.gif

how much will it cost? i can probably afford it if it's under $500. also whats wrong with accutane? can i buy it online?

Accutane is different for everyone. I've been on it twice with no real results. The next time I'm on it, I want a higher dose.. but I know I will be in major pain. When I was on it before I had back pain... bad back pain.

So that's why i call it crapputane. It works.. but it can hurt like a mother.

No, you don't buy it. You must go see a dermatoligist for it. It can cause liver damage and brain damage if you take it unadministered.

I just don't like it cause I know it can cause scarring, like it did for me. But your chest may take the drug well.

As far as smoothbeam goes, I would go to a derm first. Smoothbeam is probably the last resort, and accutane the second last... unless you live a very healthy active life... which never seems helps my oil production.

Go to the scar treatment/smoothbeam thread for more info, but I'd go to a derm first.

Good luck smile.gif

i've been using Dial Anti-Bacterial soap over my whole body and face when i shower. my bacne and my chest acne has cleared up very quickly and is still in the process of clearing up. also, i'm currently using 5% bp gel (from Kaiser Permanente), over the infected areas, and it's working effectively. ALWAYS wear cotton clothing so your skin can breathe and also it doesnt trap sweat like polyester would. if you get sweaty, remember to shower asap so your skin stays fresh and clean. dont ever pick at it or touch it or whatever cuz it just aggravates it even more. drink lots of water so your body can easily flush out all the toxins and gunk clogging up your pores!