Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CitizenPanda

My scars are disappearing

You have a lot of improvement panda. I'm happy for you. I just went and had needling done too with Frank on April 10th. It's been exactly one week today and I have to say that my skin looks a heck of a lot better. Although my skin was really read from needling at first, it was also level. Then ofcourse the swelling and redness subsided. I'm happy with the improvements I have right now. Hopefully my skin will stay looking this way. I started taking Vitamin C supplements yesterday too which I think should be helpful. I take 2 tabs of the 1000 mg. Vit C with rose hips twice a day. Frank told me that it would take anywhere from a few months to maybe 6 months to see improvement. I have to say that a week later I'm seeing them, but maybe there is still some swelling going on. Either way, collagen is building after a procedure such as this, so I think the vit. c supplements is a good idea. I'll keep you guys posted. ;)

Ok, it has been about 2 weeks since my appointment with Frank at Transitions, and I really think my skin looks alot better. I have been getting compliments from my boyfriend too. You know, I really think the vitamin C helps. My diet isn't too bad either. I also started the Tca cross with some 50% tca that I had on hand on some of my scars, and I think that has along with the needling and vitamin C, helped a lot. I read all about the TCA cross a lot on this site and finally, but very carefully, gave it a try, and I see even more improvement. I will post again in another week or two. :D

I am glad everyone is having good results with Frank. Its been six months and i am ready for my second round. My scars have sunken a lot. Oh well.

Panda

Are you doing Fraxel all over your face or just the scarred area? Can you PM me about your results, the level setting,type of machine? at least we have something in common: skin type/color/cheek scars.

congrats panda on the good results,

Just had a couple of questions for ya if you don't mind.

1. How long did it take to see that 10-20% improvement from needling? It was a gradual improvement right?

2. Did you use retin A or vit. c pre and post needling?

Im pretty sure you already know this but if not I just wanted to let you know that along with the HA you added you may also want to consider adding cod liver oil and gotu kola supplements. They are supposed to be good for skin elasticity, collagen production and wound healing.

I am glad everyone is having good results with Frank. Its been six months and i am ready for my second round. My scars have sunken a lot. Oh well.

Panda

Are you doing Fraxel all over your face or just the scarred area? Can you PM me about your results, the level setting,type of machine? at least we have something in common: skin type/color/cheek scars.

Any Updates, CitizenPanda? Have you got further improvement? Thanks

It's been good, Fraxel seems to have helped my overall complexion. I'll post updated picture 1 month post (in a week or so)

Any Updates, CitizenPanda? Have you got further improvement? Thanks

It's been good, Fraxel seems to have helped my overall complexion. I'll post updated picture 1 month post (in a week or so)

I would take 3-4 grams of Vitamin-C tablets/day. Cheweables are great and if you find a tasty brand, keep some at work.

If your skin can tolerate Retin-A every night that is still a bit much in my opinion. I would max out at 3-4 times a week.

I don't use Glycolic acid more than once a week anymore, it is too irritating for me.

There are other good stuff to try out, I think the important thing is to space them out and give your skin also time to heal and react. Go a few days with nothing but moisturizer during the day. Try an Aloe Vera product (or skin gel on "off days").

The other products I'm also using besides V-C products: Olay Regenerist, Olay Total Effects, Loreal SKin Genesis (HA product), Neutrogena Visibly Firm. (Some of these also have V-C in them undoubtably).

question i am just curious how you don't break out from your protein ingestion. I was on a whey protein and i dont know for sure but i did not think it helped me...

maybe because i mixed with milk instead of water i dont know.

i have a basic creatine cell tech mix right now that i just bought. which showed good healing and rebuilding for me in the past but since i am mostly clear i have not even opened it...

thoughts?

question i am just curious how you don't break out from your protein ingestion. I was on a whey protein and i dont know for sure but i did not think it helped me...

maybe because i mixed with milk instead of water i dont know.

i have a basic creatine cell tech mix right now that i just bought. which showed good healing and rebuilding for me in the past but since i am mostly clear i have not even opened it...

thoughts?

Do you or anybody else think that it is possible to remove completely pitted scars even icepick-scars after years long continuous application of retin-A? Can it completely resolve deep scar tissue and create enough fresh collagen to fill the missing tissue? Thanks

Ok, it has been 2 months since my appointment with Frank. I think that probably most of my improvement is from the needling that Frank performed on me. I see an improvement, and I will be going back to see him in August or September probably. I also believe in those vitamin c supplements.

I would take 3-4 grams of Vitamin-C tablets/day. Cheweables are great and if you find a tasty brand, keep some at work.

If your skin can tolerate Retin-A every night that is still a bit much in my opinion. I would max out at 3-4 times a week.

I don't use Glycolic acid more than once a week anymore, it is too irritating for me.

There are other good stuff to try out, I think the important thing is to space them out and give your skin also time to heal and react. Go a few days with nothing but moisturizer during the day. Try an Aloe Vera product (or skin gel on "off days").

The other products I'm also using besides V-C products: Olay Regenerist, Olay Total Effects, Loreal SKin Genesis (HA product), Neutrogena Visibly Firm. (Some of these also have V-C in them undoubtably).

wow 3-4 grams? im currently taking 500 mg is there anything wrong in taking more than suggested on the container?

I am a tattoo artist with specialized training in skin needling. The process is really rather gentle, and less damaging than lazer treatments.

It works by stimulating the body's natural wound healing reaction to produce natural collagen and elastin to "plump" the scarred skin to a more smooth texture. Nothing is injected. With microscopic punctures in the epidermis, Skin Needling is minimally invasive with little damage to the epidermis. Downtime is minimal and easy.

In looking for a practictioner of needling, be sure s/he has some training.

Good Luck

wow nice! in just the course of 5 months ur scars are looking much better. i think i'll look into retin-A to treat my scars once i stop having acne.

So that new tube of Retin-A I bought a few days ago wasn't a waste :shock:

It doesn't have an expiration date does it?

I don't want to use it at the moment because it just makes the pimples worse... but once I get that under control, perhaps I'll keep it to remove the scars...hopefully it will work as good as it did for you CitizenPanda :D

wow nice! in just the course of 5 months ur scars are looking much better. i think i'll look into retin-A to treat my scars once i stop having acne.

So that new tube of Retin-A I bought a few days ago wasn't a waste :shock:

It doesn't have an expiration date does it?

I don't want to use it at the moment because it just makes the pimples worse... but once I get that under control, perhaps I'll keep it to remove the scars...hopefully it will work as good as it did for you CitizenPanda :D

yes trention aka retin-a expires in about 2 years from manufacture date, I believe

Update: 4/4/08 - Added a photo from today.

Well , your info is useful... Retin A works soo good

and by the way, creatine is one of the major producers in acne so be careful

dieting doesnt play an influence in acne, but yet eating choclates, nuts, and peanut butter produce an almost immediate breakout the day after

Is this only happening to me ?

i dont eat any of that anymore so im good now :)

I hope my presence and advice here on these boards have been helpful to many, but what is most encouraging (for me anyway) is actually SEEING results chronicle and posted. I figure if no one else is going to do it, I will be one of the few success stories.

Here are updated pictures, as you can see some redness persists but they are leveling incredibly. Some range from 50% - 90% leveled. Fingers crossed and heres to hoping for full leveling at some point in the next year or two.

Sorry I didn't do the crops, don't have the time right now, I'm waiting to see the Fed Rate cut and hoping for 1%.

My current regime if you want something to follow:

1. Vitamin C serum in the morning, followed by 2g slow release Vitamin-C with Rose Hips tablets, 2g of L-Arginine, 1g L-Ornithine.

2. Breakfast - Protein drink

2. Lunch time - Plenty of protein and vegetables. Limiting my carbs.

2. Pre-workout - (afternoon) - Creatine, sometimes an energy drink

3. Post workout - BCAAs, Whey Protein, Casein

4. Dinner - Plenty of protein, lean meats, some fats, slow carbs (like whole wheat).

5. Bedtime - Retin-A every few days, Vitamin-C cream otherwise. Followed by 2g Vitamin C tablets and 2g L-Arginine/1g L Ornithine.

6. Sleep - Atleast 8 hours (more for my gym progress but it helps regardless).