Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Minibex_2007

AGGGHHHH!! feeling really fed up. Don't know whether to give up and try Spiro

Hi guys

I have been on Accutane for nearly 3 months now, so I expected to see some improvement. Yesterday I was getting really upset as my skin just looked awful, Accutane seems to have bought out every mark I ever got from an old spot and made it look 100 times worse,and to top it all off I woke up this morning with two new spots!!! I thought Accutane was supposed to prevent spots not give me them!!!

I just don't know what to do, I am considering giving up Accutane and trying Spiro because I am so fed up with the red marks, it's making my skin look a blotchy mess. I wouldn't mind if they were there before Accutane but they have just appeared since taking Tane. I just don't think these red marks will calm down on Accutane, only when I get off so maybe I should try Spiro??

I am just so sick of seeing people with gorgeous skin that looks all even toned and wishing it was me. I don't mind a couple of spots that go away, but I am always left with an uneven skin tone on my chin and T-zone. The most annoying thing is that a couple of years ago I took Dianette which gave me the most flawless skin ever - strangers would even compliment me on my skin! and now even though I still take Dianette it doesn't seem to work anymore. I have racked my brains as to why because I didn't think Dianette could just stop working, but I still can't find an answer. In the good old days I never even looked in a mirror and now I spend hours just wanting to cry. It's so heartbreaking to think that I had flawless skin less than a year ago and now maybe I have to resign myself to the fact it will never be like that again.

Sorry it's so long just needed to talk and get some advice

x

Please, be patient. You have done 3 months, you might as well finish the course, how long do you have to go? Daughter's face was covered with red marks after her second course of tane. I remember we had to buy special concealer to hide them. They all disappeared within 6 months after she came back from backpacking in Australia. Hope this helps.

Please, be patient. You have done 3 months, you might as well finish the course, how long do you have to go? Daughter's face was covered with red marks after her second course of tane. I remember we had to buy special concealer to hide them. They all disappeared within 6 months after she came back from backpacking in Australia. Hope this helps.

Thanks lily48. I am on a 6 month course, so 3 months left. I know it sounds like no time at all but it feels like fprever. Sorry, when you say your Daughter's red marks got better after 6 months in Australia, was she still taking Accutane or had finished by then?

x

Sorry to hear, but do you use emu oil? Emu oil really has helped with my marks and scarring....

Ive moved onto holistically clear, because accutane was messing with my concentration and making me feel like s*it... so i'm on my dinner at work enjoying some vegetable soup! LoL

xxx

Hey, if it makes you feel any better, I'm right there with you. I'm 111 days in and breaking out with a new pimple every day. On top of that, my skin texture/tone is complete shit. My red marks and scars just sit there twiddling their thumbs; it honestly seems as though they'll never heal. Since Accutane is the most powerful drug for acne, I'm finishing my six month course just so I can say, "well, at least I tried and gave it a valiant effort". My skin used to be really clear last July and then the breakouts started happening, one by one. I lost a lot of confidence, avoided my friends, broke up with my girlfriend...etc etc :boohoo: But a new pimple everyday since summer...like honestly wtf?!? I brokedown emotionally...We gotta get through this shit though!