Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnsucks

2nd moth on accutane-Acne all gone!!!

Well guys I started my first pill of Accutane on Jan. 23 of this year. It has been a little less then two months. All of my cyst are all gone. I can't believe it :dance: I still have some dark spots that are slowly fading away. My face is no longer dry and my lips are just a little dry (aveno lip moisturizer works miracles for this).

I had cystic acne all around my jaw line to my neck also on my shoulders and back. All of it is gone! I have been taking 40mg a day. At first I did not drink 8 glasses of water per day. This was a big mistake. My face was dry and flaking all day long. I looked so bad, I never wanted to leave my house. If you guys plan on taking accutane please try and drink 8-10 glasses a day. I know it is hard and you end up going to the bathroom a lot but it makes a big difference.

Problems I was having with moisturizers were, burning, flaking, redness, looking oily, looked white, caused break outs and the list can go on forever. After being frustrated with finding a good moisturizer while on accutane I ended up going to my CVS and buying about $120.00 worth of moisturizers to fix this problem. Out of $120.00 worth only one worked with no problems. Surprisingly it was the least expensive one. Cetaphil SPF 15. I only applied a little and it last all day and did not cause me to break out or turn red. I also purchased the regular cetaphil but found it to be very oily and heavy. Also drinking 8 glasses of water a day played a big part in moisturizing my skin.

I found that I only needed to shower every other day. Monitor how long your showers are. Hop in wash up and hop out. Don't take all day. It will dry you out. If I showered every day my skin would be dry and would crack. I also only washed my face with warm water. Any type of facial soap would throw the moisture balance off. I would wash with warm water and moisturize twice a day. Also avoid using hand sanitizers, they may cause a dry rash on your hands. If you do develope a rash it is most likely your hand soap or body soap. Try and use Dove soap.

I am going back to my derm at the end of the month to see how many more months she is going to keep me on. I'll post when I find out.

Guys I hoped I helped you all out. I hope Accutane will work as well for you as it did for me. Good luck! PM me if you have any question. Best Wishes!

I had cystic acne on my jaw line and break outs on my chest and back. It was strange because my face was mostly clear but my jaw line had lots of painful cyst. I guess my acne was moderate.

Congratulations. Great post. Everything you posted is what worked for me too:

Drinking plenty or water, washing your face at least as possible and moisturizing.

I used to wash my face with a very soft cleanser that they sold at the derms office. It was very similar to the Cetaphil cleanser. Now I use Cetaphil and love it.

My acne has gotten better with topical treatments so it's now not severe enough for accutane. Guess I will be using antibiotics and topicals for years....horray...

Hey guys, I am starting my third box of Accutane today. No new zits, scares are fading away. This drug is Amazing. The first month of dry skin was hell but it was well worth it!

how long is it taking the red marks to go away for you cuz my face is smooth after 2 months but i have red marks still?

Hey 56ace....my height and weight is 5'11 and 178lb I have been on 40 mg a day. My derm wants me to stay at 40mg for 6 months.

I hope the accutane will work for every one as well as it did for me. My face is still clear and smooth. Remeber dont' over wash your face or it will never stop flaking. And remember drink water, water, water, water!!!!!!! PM me if you have any questions I will try to get back to you ASAP. Good luck guys! and I know how hard it is to live with acne but hang in their it will all be gone before you know it. :dance: