Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mike2272

Apple Cider Vinegar Really Works

I just wanted to give some input on ACV. I have been taking ACV (2 tablespoons in fruit juice) every morning and night for the past two months. It has dramatically cleared my acne. I had been using DKR for about 3 months prior to introducing ACV into my regimen. On DKR, my face was dry and itchy a lot and I still got the usual 1-2 new deep, hard, squeezable cysts every week. But since I started using ACV regularly, i haven't had one cyst.

There have been times when I missed two doses in a row (this happened twice because i ran out) and then bam, new cyst the next day. I'm truly convinced that ACV works for small cysts.

I'm a 23 year old male. I don't have bad acne, i would just get these annoying cysts each week...but nothing other than that. They would always pop up on my cheeks. I still use DKR at night but not during the day and my face is much more normal. Doesn't have that itchy, chemical feel, and my skin is clear.

Worth a shot.

Glad to hear it worked for you bro!

I wanna try this, I've heard some good things about it.

How long did it take you until you started seeing positive results?

It started working very fast. Within probably 3-4 days. I thought it was probably just a fluke at first but it has continued to work as effectively as it did at the start for the last 2 months as long as I don't miss the doses.

It started working very fast. Within probably 3-4 days. I thought it was probably just a fluke at first but it has continued to work as effectively as it did at the start for the last 2 months as long as I don't miss the doses.

Is there anything I can pour the ACV into to disguise some of the taste? I took two table spoons this morning and on the 2nd one I almost lost it. :X

Is there anything I can pour the ACV into to disguise some of the taste? I took two table spoons this morning and on the 2nd one I almost lost it. :X

I take 2 tablespoons with honey once a day, just wanted to check whether you take 2 tablespoons a day (1 in the morning 1 in the evening) or 4 tablespoons a day (2 in the morning 2 in the evening) ^_^

Thanks! I'm glad you found something that works for you :D:D:D:D

aren't you worried about your tooth enamel? I was drinking ACV in water (1 TBSP) for a while and I just felt like it was going to dissolve my teeth.

aren't you worried about your tooth enamel? I was drinking ACV in water (1 TBSP) for a while and I just felt like it was going to dissolve my teeth.

Congratulations on finding something that works for you. I'm thinking of starting this too. I have one question though..does it taste like vinegar? Or can you describe the taste? I don't want to get a bottle and find that I can't stomach it. Thanks!

How about the capsule version, any good? I ordered some of ebay. :)

Also did many people get any improvement with this?

Sorry i have been away for a bit. Here are some answers to questions i saw posted:

I use Bragg's organic ACV. I usually buy two 32-oz bottles at a pop and they last me a month or so

I mix 2 TBSP of it with orange juice/fruit juice twice a day (morning after breakfast, night after dinner).

I'm not worried about it eating my tooth enamel. It is less acidic than soda, and I always brush my teeth immediately after drinking it.

About the ACV Capsules -- I'd be weary of those. Those fall under "supplements" and as such are not regulated by anybody. Meaning, there is no guarantee what they write on the label is actually inside the container. I doubt you are getting pure, organic ACV in there. This is true for any supplements (like workout supplements, etc)

Just get the liquid and mix it with orange juice or apple juice and if you dilute it enough you won't even taste it.

Also, i've stopped using DKR almost completely. If i get a small pimple I will put some 2.5% BP on it as a spot treatment. I do still use the moisturizer in the morning after showers sometimes, and i wash my face twice a day with the DKR face cleanser. But I use very little BP now (as i said, just for spot treatment).

i recently bought apple cider vinegar (but from heinz) cause i heard having a TBS with honey is really good for insulin resistant people. But I never knew it helped acne. So im excited about this, its gonna help me kill two birds with one stone (even though that sounds quite demonic) Thanks for the tip! :)

I have just started using ACV also been taking 2 tabelspoons every morning and night now for about a week. The first 2 days i had afew break outs which i can say were there just waiting to surface before the ACV anyway but now i have got those out of the way my skin is better than it has been in months i maybe have one tiny white head right now at the side of my mouth (prob due to shaving) but i just hope this is due to the acv really kicking in and helping me rather than a week that i may go without any new spots appearing.

I am also using Differin 0.1% before i go to bed and i am 19 years old. I have been on the differin now for maybe 8 weeks so maybe this is due to it kicking in also? But either way hope this continues :D

I've been taking ACV orally with 2 teaspoons twice a day, sometimes more. I wonder tablespoons or teaspoons is the correct amount....Won't tablespoon be a little, too much?

Just listen to your body. If it feels like too much, take less.

I just wanted to say that I've completely stopped using BP. I stopped using it for two weeks as a trial. All i'm doing is washing my face twice a day with Dan's cleanser and taking the ACV and it's working wonderfully!

I started this on Monday 2 table spoons in the morning 2 at night (diluted with water) Ive broken out quite badly starting Monday, did anyone break out when first doing this?

Also has ACV helped anyones hormonal spots?

ps im not 100% sure its the ACV as ive had a feeling my makeup is breaking me out and i wore it saturday and sunday.

I am convinced ACV in my regimen (orally and topically) is a huge factor in keeping my skin clear.